300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mm91186 View Post
    Hey Zkostrze! I see your from Buffalo, I am too!! I tested in October 2010 and I choose California for my preference. I completed everything beside the physical fitness 2 and the drug test. I'm waiting for my background investigation to go through. The investigator said it should take about 6 month for it to go through, which is fine b/c I have to let my eyes heal, due to having Lasik surgery. How far are you in the process?
    6 months??? My BI did my background in two weeks and sent it to hq.
    USBP
    Written Exam: 09-29-10
    NOR: 10/02/10
    TO: 12/20/10
    OB: Jan 2011
    PFT1/Medical: April 2011
    Drug Test: Waiting
    BI Interview: 7/11/11

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what the MHC email address is for when someone needs to inform them of personal changes (address etc)?
      I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***....
      And I'm all outta bubble gum!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm91186 View Post
        Hey Zkostrze! I see your from Buffalo, I am too!! I tested in October 2010 and I choose California for my preference. I completed everything beside the physical fitness 2 and the drug test. I'm waiting for my background investigation to go through. The investigator said it should take about 6 month for it to go through, which is fine b/c I have to let my eyes heal, due to having Lasik surgery. How far are you in the process?
        I'm sure you're as eager to get out of Buffalo as I am. 30 Buffalo winters is MORE than enough for me!

I am also waiting for my BI to clear. I met with the investigator 2 weeks ago, he called my references last week and was actually telling them that he wants to be done by the 15th of July. I am assuming he has collected all of the info that he needed to and sent it on to the proper people. I have my OB on Wednesday on Grand Island. Also need the PFT2 and drug test. It's hard to gauge timelines because everyone has a different order (not sure why that is, perhaps it's to make sure they don't create any bottlenecks with paperwork). I'm pleasantly surprised at how fast the process is moving for me. We'll see if they can keep up that pace. I'm getting kind of antsy and don't want it to spill over to my current job.
        Border Patrol Agent
        Applied - 11/11/2010
        Written Exam - 1/11/2011
        NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
        TSL1 - 5/25/2011
        TSL2 - 6/1/2011
        PFT1 - 6/24/2011
        BI Interview - 7/7/2011
        Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
        Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
        Background Completed - 11/1/2011
        Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by USDIESEL View Post
          Can anyone tell me what the MHC email address is for when someone needs to inform them of personal changes (address etc)?
          I would suggest calling them...952-857-2910

or

[email protected]
          Last edited by zkostrze; 07-18-2011, 11:14 AM.
          Border Patrol Agent
          Applied - 11/11/2010
          Written Exam - 1/11/2011
          NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
          TSL1 - 5/25/2011
          TSL2 - 6/1/2011
          PFT1 - 6/24/2011
          BI Interview - 7/7/2011
          Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
          Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
          Background Completed - 11/1/2011
          Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Happened to see SB announcements (CA, AZ, etc) go up early this morning. They stated that only VRA eligibles could apply. Closing dates were 8/1. Now they are gone.

Was it some kind of hiccup?
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Called, they are removed till July 29th.

Comment

• Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
                I would suggest calling them...952-857-2910

or

[email protected]
                Awesome, thanks for the info!
                I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***....
                And I'm all outta bubble gum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross View Post
                  Called, they are removed till July 29th.
                  NON vets as well?

Comment

• Sorry no idea. I was not aware that there was a Non-Vet announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Section8 View Post
                      Ross,

Thanks for the update on an announcement. Any word on a non-VRA announcement?
                      Found this post on another forum:
                      "I just recieved an email back from the hiring center about why I wasn't able to apply, Here is what they said:
                      Thank you for your interest in the Border Patrol Agent and the VRA announcement. We have decided to open the Border Patrol Agent announcement to all Citizens and it will be opening July 29, 2011. Please visit www.usajobs.gov on or after July 29, 2011."

Comment

• Originally posted by SharksFan View Post
                        Found this post on another forum:
                        "I just recieved an email back from the hiring center about why I wasn't able to apply, Here is what they said:
                        Thank you for your interest in the Border Patrol Agent and the VRA announcement. We have decided to open the Border Patrol Agent announcement to all Citizens and it will be opening July 29, 2011. Please visit www.usajobs.gov on or after July 29, 2011."
                        You have made my month!!!!!!!!!! I am finally able to reapply. I got a 94 last august, passed every step but couldn't take the offer. They told me reapply next announcement. Anyone think I can use my old score or I would have to start from scratch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leohopefull90 View Post
                          You have made my month!!!!!!!!!! I am finally able to reapply. I got a 94 last august, passed every step but couldn't take the offer. They told me reapply next announcement. Anyone think I can use my old score or I would have to start from scratch?
                          I reused my scores, so yes you can. BTW, what do you mean you couldn't take the offer???? Good luck to you but I read that BP is ready to scale down the hiring (late 2011), so just be warned that you could be in for a long wait. Did you actually receive an EOD??

U.S. Border Patrol
                          EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• PM SENT ALListar

Comment

• Anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare for the PFT2 220 yard sprint. Also, is the 1.5 mile run required to be a consistant run? What I mean is I am currently at about 13.5 min. for the 1.5 mile run, but I usually stop 1 for about 30-40 seconds to walk...just want to know if I end up stopping for a few seconds does it count against me?
                              BPA:
                              BPA exam: 2/23/11
                              NOR: 3/2/11 (92)
                              TSL1: 06/03/11
                              TSL2: 06/03/11
                              Medical: 7/7/11 (Being reviewed)
                              PFT1: 7/7/11 Cleared
                              Structured Interview:7/14/11-Passed
                              BI: In the Security Office

HSI SA:
                              Applied: 06/07/11

Comment

• As for passing the 220 sprint, I would utilize fartlek training. Research it to devise a routine that fits your current fitness level. PM me if you have questions. As for the 1.5 mile, you can walk, skip, or etc. as long as you finish the run within the allotted time.
                                BPA Status
                                TSU: 04/24/09
                                EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                                Resigned: 10/28/09
                                Reapplied: 07/29/11
                                NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                                TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                                PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                                Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                                Applied: 06/24/11
                                Written: 07/21/11
                                NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11640 users online. 420 members and 11220 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X