300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mv533452 View Post
    What were your geo preferences? I see your going to be in AZ and congrats, but was that your top choice? I'm thinking my hold up is because i chose, Cali than Texas and last was AZ. I heard AZ preferences move the fastest.
    That is not true, in fact your preference has little to do with the process. A lot of people who had California as a preference were offered Arizona.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      That is not true, in fact your preference has little to do with the process. A lot of people who had California as a preference were offered Arizona.
      Congrats on getting the call. I'm hoping that, if all goes well with the rest of the process, I get the call before winter. I'll have to sell my house and it's a whole lot easier to do that during any season other than winter, especially in Buffalo.

My preference was Cali but I'll take anything they offer.
      Border Patrol Agent
      Applied - 11/11/2010
      Written Exam - 1/11/2011
      NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
      TSL1 - 5/25/2011
      TSL2 - 6/1/2011
      PFT1 - 6/24/2011
      BI Interview - 7/7/2011
      Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
      Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
      Background Completed - 11/1/2011
      Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
        Congrats on getting the call. I'm hoping that, if all goes well with the rest of the process, I get the call before winter. I'll have to sell my house and it's a whole lot easier to do that during any season other than winter, especially in Buffalo.

My preference was Cali but I'll take anything they offer.
        Hey, when did you start the process?? i want to see how a fellow new yorker with Cali preference is moving along.... I tested August.

Comment

• I know everyone's timeline is different but how long does the "average" background invest/adjudication take? Is it safe to say 3-4 months?

I am in a difficult situation; I do not know if I should register for fall classes. I have completed all steps of the hiring process with the exception of the background investigation. I submitted my e-QIP back in May and I am still waiting for a background investigator to contact me. I am worried that if I start classes, I will be half way through the semester and get an EOD date. But on the other hand, I don't want to sit around waiting for the call, that may not come until 2012, when I could be taking classes and doing something with my time.

Comment

• post deleted
            Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• I guess I should have mentioned that if I go back to school, I will be using my Post 9/11 GI Bill. If I drop out during the middle of the semester to take a job with the Border Patrol, I will have to pay the VA back. That is what I am worried about.

Comment

• anyone have any clue when the next announcement might open again?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                  I guess I should have mentioned that if I go back to school, I will be using my Post 9/11 GI Bill. If I drop out during the middle of the semester to take a job with the Border Patrol, I will have to pay the VA back. That is what I am worried about.
                  Can you take online classes this (fall) semester?
                  I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***....
                  And I'm all outta bubble gum!

Comment

• Hey guys first time posting on here decided I should share my info too.
                    Took the test in Oct 2010. On CASS the only thing I have pending is my background which I met my BI two months ago, an I took my medical an pft1 three months ago an all went well. Also have my drug test not complete.

Just want to add that I was behind a buddy who took the test about two or three months before me. He was was ahead of me in the steps until I got a call to meet my BI which he has yet to receive.
                    My brother took his test about two months after us an he already has his interview an did his medical already but has not turned in his eqip. So its really hard to determine what will happen next by comparing others steps with yours

Comment

• Originally posted by mv533452 View Post
                      Hey, when did you start the process?? i want to see how a fellow new yorker with Cali preference is moving along.... I tested August.
                      I tested in February.
                      Last edited by zkostrze; 07-17-2011, 11:44 PM.
                      Border Patrol Agent
                      Applied - 11/11/2010
                      Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                      NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                      TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                      TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                      PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                      BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                      Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                      Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                      Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                      Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• VRA (Veterans Recruitment Appointment eligible applicants ONLY) Announcement post on USA Jobs.

Monday, July 18, 2011 to Monday, August 01, 2011

SERIES & GRADE:GL-1896-05/09

Comment

• Hey Zkostrze! I see your from Buffalo, I am too!! I tested in October 2010 and I choose California for my preference. I completed everything beside the physical fitness 2 and the drug test. I'm waiting for my background investigation to go through. The investigator said it should take about 6 month for it to go through, which is fine b/c I have to let my eyes heal, due to having Lasik surgery. How far are you in the process?
                          NYPD
                          Exam #: 8132
                          List #: 10xx
                          Medical: - Completed
                          Written Psych: Completed
                          BI: 3/13/12- Completed
                          Oral Psych:3/26/12 Completed
                          JST: 3/31/12-Completed
                          Mini Med-Completed

Comment

• Ross,

Thanks for the update on an announcement. Any word on a non-VRA announcement?
                            BPA Status
                            TSU: 04/24/09
                            EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                            Resigned: 10/28/09
                            Reapplied: 07/29/11
                            NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                            TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                            PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                            Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                            Applied: 06/24/11
                            Written: 07/21/11
                            NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Yes there is also a non VRA announcement.

Comment

• Ee78. I looked at all the announcements and they are all vra. Where is the non vra like you said?
                                BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10101 users online. 370 members and 9731 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X