300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Swan View Post
    we had a requiter in our class here yesterday, and the only part that discourages some in our class including myself from applying is the fact that you have to be proficient in Spanish, they make lots of money compared to what LE gets paid here, and up here on the norther border by ND they really don't do to much, mostly drive around and sleep in there Ford explorers.
    I don't mean to sound so harsh, but gosh, I certainly hope for your sake the BPA test does not include spelling, grammar, punctuation or completing a sentence!

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
      Can anyone enlighten me further about FLETC for BPAs?

Thanks
      Sure, go to HonorFirst!

Comment

Originally posted by mi562 View Post
        I don't mean to sound so harsh, but gosh, I certainly hope for your sake the BPA test does not include spelling, grammar, punctuation or completing a sentence!
        Who cares? This is a laid back forum where people come to find information of jobs from fellow job seekers and veterans of those services. If you haven't even taken the BPA test yet than why don't you go to a prior post and look to see if you can find out what's on it before trying to blast someone else. I'm sure if this poster knew he was being graded by YOU for a position as a Border Patrol Agent, than he would made sure to check his post.
        I and the public know
        What all schoolchildren learn,
        Those to whom evil is done
        Do evil in return.

-W. H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"

Comment

Originally posted by jonm0303 View Post
          Who cares? This is a laid back forum where people come to find information of jobs from fellow job seekers and veterans of those services. If you haven't even taken the BPA test yet than why don't you go to a prior post and look to see if you can find out what's on it before trying to blast someone else. I'm sure if this poster knew he was being graded by YOU for a position as a Border Patrol Agent, than he would made sure to check his post.
          Laid back forum or not, if he wants to become a Border Patrol Agent or any other LEO he needs to work on his spelling and grammar.

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by brandonthelaw; 02-15-2009, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Curious75 View Post
              Anyone know what the minimum time from last Marijuana use that is acceptable for BP? Is there a "set" time limit for auto DQ? I was dumb and was at a concert and down the row came a MJ joint. I took a brief puff and then passed it along. I do not have an extensive drug history, tried MJ perhaps 6 times in my life and that's my drug history. I'm 38. know most agencies are around 3 years from last use. Was wondering if anyone here knew if BP had a set time.

Thanks in Advance.

well it does all depend on the last time used
              but i have a family friend that said not to worry about it because they are hurting so bad they are just making u sign a waiver and your through shes been in border patrol for as long as iv been alive, lol, so 20 years and she said she had to sign the waiver but they dont disqualify from what shes told me. now if you have done PCP, Meth, Coke, or any designer drugs...you may want to look for employment outside of law enforcememt because 95% will never hire you with that background. hope that helps. im just waiting on my TO and my packet so i can get rollin through the process.

Comment

Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                well it does all depend on the last time used
                but i have a family friend that said not to worry about it because they are hurting so bad they are just making u sign a waiver and your through shes been in border patrol for as long as iv been alive, lol, so 20 years and she said she had to sign the waiver but they dont disqualify from what shes told me. now if you have done PCP, Meth, Coke, or any designer drugs...you may want to look for employment outside of law enforcememt because 95% will never hire you with that background. hope that helps. im just waiting on my TO and my packet so i can get rollin through the process.
                Negative, if you've recently used drugs you are SOL. If its been more than 3-5 years you may have a shot but you are going to have to explain it in great detail after you get a NOPA (Notice of Proposed Action) to avoid being deemed unsuitable.

Just in the last 30 days I've seized about 1500 lbs of marijuana, some guys get that much or more in a single load. They're not going to take a chance on hiring some pot head who says he hasn't smoked in 12 months or only experimented 20 or 30 times...

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                  Negative, if you've recently used drugs you are SOL. If its been more than 3-5 years you may have a shot but you are going to have to explain it in great detail after you get a NOPA (Notice of Proposed Action) to avoid being deemed unsuitable.

Just in the last 30 days I've seized about 1500 lbs of marijuana, some guys get that much or more in a single load. They're not going to take a chance on hiring some pot head who says he hasn't smoked in 12 months or only experimented 20 or 30 times...

well i guess we shall see if the man gets in or not lol

and 20-30 times....thats not experimenting lol thats a little beyond that
                  Last edited by SoKalCopKid; 05-15-2008, 02:09 PM.

Comment

So I just got my Conditional Offer for Employment (I am excited)

It tells me to do the e-qip but I cannot access it (I assume it is to fill out the sf-86).

I found the sf-86 somewhere else and filled it out/printed it out already. MUST I go through e-qip regardless?.... I sent them an email and noone replied yet - I have 5 days left before I postmark it otherwise I am SOL.

Any advise/suggestions?

BPA
                    test: 04/08
                    Results: Passed - 04/08
                    COE Received - 05/08
                    Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                    Panel: 07/08: Passed
                    BI: ?..
                    CBPO
                    test: 03/08
                    COE Received: 06/08
                    Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                    VBT: Passed 07/08
                    BI: ???
                    FBI
                    Phase I: 05/08
                    Results: Passed 05/08
                    Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                    Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                    Panel: 10/08: ???
                    PFT: 11/08: ???
                    USSS
                    TEA test: 08/07
                    Panel: 02/08

Comment

Originally posted by jumbojack View Post

It tells me to do the e-qip but I cannot access it (I assume it is to fill out the sf-86).

I found the sf-86 somewhere else and filled it out/printed it out already. MUST I go through e-qip regardless?.... I sent them an email and noone replied yet - I have 5 days left before I postmark it otherwise I am SOL.

Any advise/suggestions?

dont email.....CALL they get tons of emails a day....get ahold of the recruitment department and talk to them about it..i just got my TO letter but was told i cant go any farther in the process due to my past drug use. but im appealing it and getting letters of recomendations from 2 supervisors with CBP that i know well hopefully ill get my appeal approved

Comment

Any advise/suggestions?

Hello Jumbo

If you got the packet to fillout for your background then you have to complete and submit the sf 86 on-line. Then print out a few copies and mail it in. The green booklet has directions on what to put initially for your golden questions (if this is the difficulty).
                        Standing by to stand by

Comment

Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
                          Hello Jumbo

If you got the packet to fillout for your background then you have to complete and submit the sf 86 on-line. Then print out a few copies and mail it in. The green booklet has directions on what to put initially for your golden questions (if this is the difficulty).

OK, I got the problem figured it out.

So the e-qip is for them to get the electronic copy and then I have to make 3copies of that same electronic copy (38 pages each) and mail it?.... I do not understand because the e-qip coy says 'archival Copy - Retain for Your Records'

BPA
                          test: 04/08
                          COE Received - 05/08
                          Medical/PFT: Passed 06/08
                          Panel: 07/08: Passed
                          BI: ?..
                          CBPO
                          test: 03/08
                          COE Received: 06/08
                          Medical/PFT: Passed 07/08
                          VBT: Passed 07/08
                          BI: ???
                          FBI
                          Phase I: 05/08
                          Results: Passed 05/08
                          Language test (w/l): Passed 06/08
                          Language test (o): Passed 07/08
                          Panel: 10/08: ???
                          PFT: 11/08: ???
                          USSS
                          TEA test: 08/07
                          Panel: 02/08

Comment

OK, I got the problem figured it out.

So the e-qip is for them to get the electronic copy and then I have to make 3copies of that same electronic copy (38 pages each) and mail it?.... I do not understand because the e-qip coy says 'archival Copy - Retain for Your Records'

Hello Jumbo

Yes, 3 copys for them and one for yourself as reference. So much paper....so much paper.
                            Standing by to stand by

Comment

Hey Guys

I got a question about the medical exam.

I received a call on Monday (5/19) to schedule the med exam, the CHS guy scheduled the exam at a clinic near me on Tues 5/27. While giving me the run down on the location and other info he stated that the TB part of the med exam must be done within 72 hours of receiving the packet.

Has anyone had a "2 part" med exam or did they go through the entire exam in one day? I think I may have misinterpreted what the CHS guy said b/c the directions on the packet and how the packet is set up is not conducive to multiple part testing.

Thank.

Hows the academy so far?
                              Standing by to stand by

Comment

Anytime you have a PPD (TB) test, you have to go back and have the injection site checked for a reaction.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8666 users online. 454 members and 8212 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X