Clear All

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
    Free food
    By the way Gitmo...how is the chow?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by kenny2745 View Post
      Chris Shiherlis-
      Congrats!...where was the offer for? When do you EOD?

Ryan
      First I was told my choice was either Naco or Ajo in the Tuscon sector, as the CA vacancies had been filled. Next day I spoke with a different guy, voila, El Centro is back open and I can report for orientation on the 27th and start the academy on the 30th of THIS MONTH. I am working it now but I"m not sure I can handle the financing and logistics of this move on the timeline they gave me. Had I taken the Tuscon offer, that would not have even been enough time to put in two weeks notice at my job.

Biggest thing is, when do I start getting paid at Grade 5? Any period of unemployment longer than five days could break me right now. Am I responsible for both Columbus-Calexico and Calexico-Artesia airfares?

thanks to anyone who knows any of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
        First I was told my choice was either Naco or Ajo in the Tuscon sector, as the CA vacancies had been filled. Next day I spoke with a different guy, voila, El Centro is back open and I can report for orientation on the 27th and start the academy on the 30th of THIS MONTH. I am working it now but I"m not sure I can handle the financing and logistics of this move on the timeline they gave me. Had I taken the Tuscon offer, that would not have even been enough time to put in two weeks notice at my job.

Biggest thing is, when do I start getting paid at Grade 5? Any period of unemployment longer than five days could break me right now. Am I responsible for both Columbus-Calexico and Calexico-Artesia airfares?

thanks to anyone who knows any of this.
        You are only responsible for transportation to your sector. The BP will handle getting you to Artesia. You will be responsible for a hotel room and food for the three or four days of inprocessing at your sector. Find a roommate on honorfirst.com to share expenses if you have to.

I'd say borrow money from family if you have to. Don't let finances stop you from taking the station you want. (You may be there a long time.)

For anyone else that is living paycheck to paycheck, start saving now so you don't find yourself in the position of having to turn down your dream location because you were given short notice and haven't set aside enough for a one-way plane ticket.

I don't know when your first paycheck is, but I bet someone on honorfirst does.
        Last edited by Tirofijo; 10-11-2008, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tirofijo View Post
          You are only responsible for transportation to your sector. The BP will handle getting you to Artesia. You will be responsible for a hotel room and food for the three or four days of inprocessing at your sector. Find a roommate on honorfirst.com to share expenses if you have to.

I'd say borrow money from family if you have to. Don't let finances stop you from taking the station you want. (You may be there a long time.)

For anyone else that is living paycheck to paycheck, start saving now so you don't find yourself in the position of having to turn down your dream location because you were given short notice and haven't set aside enough for a one-way plane ticket.

I don't know when your first paycheck is, but I bet someone on honorfirst does.

Thanks.

Airfare I can swing, probably even get a discount on from my job which happens to be an airline. Two or three nights in a run down motel won't break me. As of right now, I plan to be there on the 27th. I do need some more info though, once I have crossed the rubicon of turning in notice to my employer, there will be no turning back.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
            By the way Gitmo...how is the chow?
            I have to say that of all the government meals I have ever eaten, it is definately the most recent.
            USSCP
            Faxed App 7/28/10
            Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
            Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
              I have to say that of all the government meals I have ever eaten, it is definately the most recent.
              LOL! I'll read between the lines on that one

Comment

• Is it possible to bargain with BPA on getting the offer you want? Along with this process, I am also working with Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman, on looking for a job. I talked to Northrop yesterday, and told them about the other things I am looking into, and the told me to call them as soon as I get an offer from somebody else, and they will see what they can do.

My question is, could I use this to get my ideal location any other goodies along with an offer? Or will they just look at it and say if you have an offer somewhere else, just take it…..
                BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by momnie48 View Post
                  Is it possible to bargain with BPA on getting the offer you want? Along with this process, I am also working with Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman, on looking for a job. I talked to Northrop yesterday, and told them about the other things I am looking into, and the told me to call them as soon as I get an offer from somebody else, and they will see what they can do.

My question is, could I use this to get my ideal location any other goodies along with an offer? Or will they just look at it and say if you have an offer somewhere else, just take it…..
                  They will tell you to kick rocks and take the other offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by momnie48 View Post
                    Is it possible to bargain with BPA on getting the offer you want? Along with this process, I am also working with Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman, on looking for a job. I talked to Northrop yesterday, and told them about the other things I am looking into, and the told me to call them as soon as I get an offer from somebody else, and they will see what they can do.

You're joking right?

Comment

• does anybody know if cass is not updating for border patrol applicants? it is only showing my oral completed and i passed the fisical fitness and did my medical almost almost 2 weeks ago. my forms show pending my medical shows pending and my fisical fitness shows pending.

Comment

• Guys who've been hired and achieved journeyman status will tell you that their CASS still reads "pending". Don't rely on it...

Comment

• Originally posted by raidersjoe View Post
                          does anybody know if cass is not updating for border patrol applicants? it is only showing my oral completed and i passed the fisical fitness and did my medical almost almost 2 weeks ago. my forms show pending my medical shows pending and my fisical fitness shows pending.
                          My medical took almost 2 months to clear after the fact. And I had no outstanding health issues.
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• No serious question, I have the two largest government contractors in the US trying to recruit me right now. And both of them told me that they are loosing people to the Government because of a recruiting push to move contractor employees to the government side..."Turning Green Badges to Blue" as the one rep told me.

Based on what I heard, it seems somewhat logical. I was just asking what people's opinions were?
                            Last edited by momnie48; 10-16-2008, 08:34 AM.
                            BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                            Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                            Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                            Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                            Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                            Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                            Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• My opinion is you can ask. However, I would not expect the BP to adjust the offer due to offers you may have from other companies. The most I think you can expect from the BP is GS-7 and the area you requested on your application. On the other hand, I would expect the other companies to adjust their offer.
                              BPA Status
                              TSU: 04/24/09
                              EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                              Resigned: 10/28/09
                              Reapplied: 07/29/11
                              NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                              TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                              PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                              Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                              Applied: 06/24/11
                              Written: 07/21/11
                              NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Just some free information; if anyone has a traffic violation in which you are awaiting a court date, that will stop your BI from being completed. I was issued a speeding ticked in May, pleaded not guilty and requested a court date. Today I get a call from the security office stating that the only thing keeping my BI from being completed is my pending traffic citation. So I'm changing my plea to guilty and paying the ticket, BP won't wait until December for my court date.

So if you've been waiting on your BI to clear, even the little things will hold it up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7815 users online. 201 members and 7614 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X