300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mm91186 View Post
    I had my medical about two months ago and I receive an letter saying I fail the vision exam. The letter told me I have thirty days
    to have the vision test retake or they are going to drop me from the process. I knew that I was not going to pass the exam, so
    I had LASIK eye surgery. I sent in the letter from the DR. tell HR to notify, I had the surgery. They sent me a letter back and
    said I can re-take the vision test in 3 months, to let my eyes heal. The doctor said I have 20/20 in both eye but I have halos
    and glare at night, from the street lights. Do anyone know who long it will take for the halos/glares to go away?
    Also I had my BI last week and the investigator met with my co-workers, friends, and family. He told me if everything goes good,
    the BI should go through in 6 months. Did anyone BI take less time? 6 months seem like a long time, especially if I lived in the
    same house for 10 years and I've been out the country once for a week not including canada.
    Also, I choose California for my location. Can anyone tell me if the good and bad places if I'm call for a position. I really don't care where I'm located, I just want to know like where the best place to be station. Including Arizona too, b/c I see a lot of ppl are getting calls for AZ. Which would be good locations. I grew up in a city my entire life. Any thoughts or comments would be great!
    I had lasik 4 months ago. The halos/glare tend to subside after 2-3 months. They are still there, just not as intense. Use your eye drops everyday and wear sunglasses.
    CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• My polygrapher contacted me today and told me my results were inconclusive. What does this mean? He said i have to come back in a couple of weeks to redo the polygraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaxcha77 View Post
        My polygrapher contacted me today and told me my results were inconclusive. What does this mean? He said i have to come back in a couple of weeks to redo the polygraph.
        That kind of answers your question no?

Inconclusive means something doesn't add up, you have to go and redo the poly to clear up whatever it is that caused the issue.

As long as you are honest about EVERYTHING, you should be fine. Just be honest, irrelevant of how stupid or long ago or anything the event may have been, tell them if such an event did occur. If not, then just relax when your next there, don't panic.
        Last edited by USDIESEL; 06-23-2011, 09:46 PM. Reason: None of your damn business!
        I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***....
        And I'm all outta bubble gum!

Comment

• post deleted
          Last edited by o2force; 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the living arrangements are like at Artesia? Do recruits get their own room or do you have to share a room?

I heard CBPO recruits at FLETC in GA get their own rooms.

Comment

• It is more subjective analysis than pseudo anything. But this is knit picking.

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                Does anyone know what the living arrangements are like at Artesia? Do recruits get their own room or do you have to share a room?

I heard CBPO recruits at FLETC in GA get their own rooms.
                It varies. If there are a lot of people at the Academy there is the possibility of being doubled up. More then likely though, it'll be a single.

Comment

• More to the point, many of the rooms are designed for four residents. Plan for the worst, and you'll be fine no matter what your assignment.

Comment

• You can Lateral transfer to A.P.D after 3 years of non-probationary service and no trouble............Albuquerque Police Dept. or Bernalillo County Sherrifs or Aviation Police ALL great pay 20 year retirement. NM.

Comment

• Most all NM Law Enforcement Dept's will take laterals as long as you are State of NM certified.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrwilliams View Post
                        You can Lateral transfer to A.P.D after 3 years of non-probationary service and no trouble............Albuquerque Police Dept. or Bernalillo County Sherrifs or Aviation Police ALL great pay 20 year retirement. NM.
                        Originally posted by jrwilliams View Post
                        Most all NM Law Enforcement Dept's will take laterals as long as you are State of NM certified.
                        I think you made a wrong turn somewhere...

Comment

• Hey All,

I've been reading this thread for months now...ever since I took the written test back in 2/11. There is some great info in here so let me first start by thanking all of you that have already answered questions that I have had.

I received my NOR days after taking the test, received my TSL in late May and just had my PFT1 today. CASS says that my BI is in the security office. I know that it is different for every applicant, since everyone's background is different, but, how long is the wait for the completion of the BI, ballpark? I feel like this process is going pretty fast for me but don't want to get over-excited if, after 6 months, i'm not even a quarter of the way through the process yet.

Also, I am not a large guy. I am 5'6" and about 120lbs but I am in pretty good shape and can definitely hold my own when needed. Is my small stature going to work against me in the hiring process?

Thanks again.
                          Border Patrol Agent
                          Applied - 11/11/2010
                          Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                          NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                          TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                          TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                          PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                          BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                          Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                          Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                          Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                          Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by zkostrze View Post
                            Hey All,

I've been reading this thread for months now...ever since I took the written test back in 2/11. There is some great info in here so let me first start by thanking all of you that have already answered questions that I have had.

I received my NOR days after taking the test, received my TSL in late May and just had my PFT1 today. CASS says that my BI is in the security office. I know that it is different for every applicant, since everyone's background is different, but, how long is the wait for the completion of the BI, ballpark? I feel like this process is going pretty fast for me but don't want to get over-excited if, after 6 months, i'm not even a quarter of the way through the process yet.

Also, I am not a large guy. I am 5'6" and about 120lbs but I am in pretty good shape and can definitely hold my own when needed. Is my small stature going to work against me in the hiring process?

Thanks again.
                            I don't know about "working against you" but if we both make it to the academy is it ok if I use you like a curling bar for my bi's??

U.S. Border Patrol
                            EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by allistar View Post
                              i don't know about "working against you" but if we both make it to the academy is it ok if i use you like a curling bar for my bi's??
                              tut tut
                              Last edited by USDIESEL; 06-24-2011, 10:41 PM. Reason: I made myself feel bad about laughing at this hysterically.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allistar View Post
                                I don't know about "working against you" but if we both make it to the academy is it ok if I use you like a curling bar for my bi's??
                                Not very helpful, but thanks for the reply.

Anyone else have any thoughts that might be of some assistance?
                                Border Patrol Agent
                                Applied - 11/11/2010
                                Written Exam - 1/11/2011
                                NOR - 1/20/2011 - Score - 96
                                TSL1 - 5/25/2011
                                TSL2 - 6/1/2011
                                PFT1 - 6/24/2011
                                BI Interview - 7/7/2011
                                Oral Board - 7/20/2011 - Passed
                                Drug Test - 8/12/2011 - Cleared in CASS 10/20/2011
                                Background Completed - 11/1/2011
                                Referred to TSU - 11/14/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15701 users online. 471 members and 15230 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X