300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
    Hey all. If any of you have been given an academy date and are still following this, once your background investigation was completed or after you met with your BI, how long was the wait for the call? My BI said he was submitting my packet yesterday and I've completed everything else. I've got a pretty good idea that I'll get the call eventually but I've got some other job offers on the table. BP however is a much more career oriented path and thats my ultimate goal. I just hate to take a job and quit a couple months down the road...but you gotta pay the bills somehow. Are we looking at about 3 or 4 months or more? Thanks.
    Prepare for the long wait and take the job you were offered.

Comment

• Well, I passed my PFT2 on Friday. I’m off to the academy on July 11th (EOD July 4th) Out of 5, only 3 passed. I was the only BP applicant.

I just wanted to say thanks to those who were helpful. And for those who are in the process, keep your head up and don’t get discouraged by some of the negativity and false claims you will come across about the process.

At least for me, other than my medical (eye exam), the process was smooth and relatively quick. It took a total of 10 months (TO 8/30/10) from start to finish. And no, I was not a prior applicant or anything else. My test score was mediocre and I had no vet points. I was very forthcoming on the eQIP to the point it was embarrassing. I can’t say this was the reason for no poly (probably not) but there was nothing I left out and because of my age and dual citizenship, there was a lot to go over. All I really had to bring to the table was a strong work ethic coming from a job that requires a lot of responsibility, maturity and my fluency in both Spanish and English. (Sorry if I spelled a word wrong here and their these posts

With all this being said, I just want to say thanks again and good luck to all!!

Comment

• I took the test back in March and NOR came days after. Should have I been mailed the TSL1 already? My geo was California if that makes a difference.

Comment

• Just found out my credit got pulled!
          BPA -
          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Sounds like the gloves came off:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110611/...der_shootout_6
            Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
            Applied: 7/15/10
            Exam: 8/20/10
            Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
            TSL 1: 9/10/10
            TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
            Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
            Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
            Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
            Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
            Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
            The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
            TSU: 7/29/2011

PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
            The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
              Well, I passed my PFT2 on Friday. I’m off to the academy on July 11th (EOD July 4th) Out of 5, only 3 passed. I was the only BP applicant.

I just wanted to say thanks to those who were helpful. And for those who are in the process, keep your head up and don’t get discouraged by some of the negativity and false claims you will come across about the process.

At least for me, other than my medical (eye exam), the process was smooth and relatively quick. It took a total of 10 months (TO 8/30/10) from start to finish. And no, I was not a prior applicant or anything else. My test score was mediocre and I had no vet points. I was very forthcoming on the eQIP to the point it was embarrassing. I can’t say this was the reason for no poly (probably not) but there was nothing I left out and because of my age and dual citizenship, there was a lot to go over. All I really had to bring to the table was a strong work ethic coming from a job that requires a lot of responsibility, maturity and my fluency in both Spanish and English. (Sorry if I spelled a word wrong here and their these posts

With all this being said, I just want to say thanks again and good luck to all!!
              I sent you a pm regarding the pft2

Comment

• Originally posted by mikejr89 View Post
                I took the test back in March and NOR came days after. Should have I been mailed the TSL1 already? My geo was California if that makes a difference.
                My brother tested in October and didn't receive his TSL until February. It's not mailed to you it's emailed to you.

Comment

• Back at you....

Comment

• Originally posted by mikejr89 View Post
                    I took the test back in March and NOR came days after. Should have I been mailed the TSL1 already? My geo was California if that makes a difference.
                    I took the exam late Feb., about a month before you. I received my TSL1 and TSL2 on the same day (June 3). That should give you some kind of timeline. I was emailed both of mine, not mailed.
                    BPA:
                    BPA exam: 2/23/11
                    NOR: 3/2/11 (92)
                    TSL1: 06/03/11
                    TSL2: 06/03/11
                    Medical: 7/7/11 (Being reviewed)
                    PFT1: 7/7/11 Cleared
                    Structured Interview:7/14/11-Passed
                    BI: In the Security Office

HSI SA:
                    Applied: 06/07/11

Comment

• Just completed the BI. Does anyone know if you can change your geo preference this late in the process? I'm leaning toward California instead of Arizona, but I don't want to do it if it will delay my hiring process. (it seems like Arizona is getting filled quicker)

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by tacscuba View Post
                        Just completed the BI. Does anyone know if you can change your geo preference this late in the process? I'm leaning toward California instead of Arizona, but I don't want to do it if it will delay my hiring process. (it seems like Arizona is getting filled quicker)

Thanks
                        If you want California I don't really see the point in not waiting a possible, and I emphasize a possible, couple of extra months in the pipeline over a few years of working a location you didn't really want.
                        I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***....
                        And I'm all outta bubble gum!

Comment

• Originally posted by USDIESEL View Post
                          If you want California I don't really see the point in not waiting a possible, and I emphasize a possible, couple of extra months in the pipeline over a few years of working a location you didn't really want.
                          Look I am in a similar situation. My background investigator just shipped out my packet to headquarters and he told me "I look good." Can anyone give me a timetable for a possible EOD? Also, do you think if I have an extremely clean background that will make me less likely to get polygraphed?

Finally, I am like a previous poster. I selected Arizona instead of California because I was told from a CBP recruiter that it would be the best chance at getting hired. It was stupid I know if I truly wanted California. Does anyone know if I can now change it or is it too late in the hiring process? Does anyone else also know if I could negotiate my location when I "get the call?" No matter what though I am going to accept the job, and in a way Arizona would be cool because of the amount of experience I would get, but as far as living conditions go I just want to be in California. Too Late? One last thing, should I be running more than 5 miles a day getting ready for this? I just ran my mile and half out of curiosity and it was 10:30. I think I could bring it down to 9:00 with training, I really don't want to get blown out of the water in the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by borderguard_1 View Post
                            Look I am in a similar situation. My background investigator just shipped out my packet to headquarters and he told me "I look good." Can anyone give me a timetable for a possible EOD? Also, do you think if I have an extremely clean background that will make me less likely to get polygraphed?

Finally, I am like a previous poster. I selected Arizona instead of California because I was told from a CBP recruiter that it would be the best chance at getting hired. It was stupid I know if I truly wanted California. Does anyone know if I can now change it or is it too late in the hiring process? Does anyone else also know if I could negotiate my location when I "get the call?" No matter what though I am going to accept the job, and in a way Arizona would be cool because of the amount of experience I would get, but as far as living conditions go I just want to be in California. Too Late? One last thing, should I be running more than 5 miles a day getting ready for this? I just ran my mile and half out of curiosity and it was 10:30. I think I could bring it down to 9:00 with training, I really don't want to get blown out of the water in the academy.
                            No one can predict your EOD date. It could be 2 months or 2 years from now. No one knows. From what I hear geo preference doesn't matter because they call you and offer any station. If there happens to be a need in your geo preference they offer it to you. You can always decline the area they offer you and tell them you strongly prefer a certain area. They'll call back when that areas need is up.

From what I've been told you'll run a few miles at the academy but most of the concentration is in the mat room and weight room. Running a better time will Only better yourself, your stamina, and make things easier for you at the academy. Plus most academy running is in a group. Carrying your shotgun or a huge rope as a team.

Comment

• Well, I wrote MHC last week because I hadn't received a written response to my NOPA, even though my CASS showed my BI was completed. The nice person that answered me told me that the background did indeed clear (yay) and that they're only waiting on my medical so I can be put on TSU again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                                Well, I wrote MHC last week because I hadn't received a written response to my NOPA, even though my CASS showed my BI was completed. The nice person that answered me told me that the background did indeed clear (yay) and that they're only waiting on my medical so I can be put on TSU again.
                                Congrats. Did you have to write your nopa before or after your BI ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13187 users online. 335 members and 12852 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X