Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has taken me 8 months. Other threads I have read, it has taken some of those people less time and some of them more. It is all a crap shoot depending on geographic preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by madhatter View Post
      Hey everyone,
      I got "the call" this morning. I am going to be stationed in the Willcox Station in the Tucson sector. I EOD on the 16th and hit the academy on the 21st. Thank you for all the great threads and advice during this process.
      Congrats. I have completed all seven pre-hire benchmarks and was told to get ready for the academy and that I would be contacted shortly about EOD. That was over three weeks ago(CASS puts the time frame at 30-60 days, so I guess that is normal), so I am still taking it day by day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
        Congrats. I have completed all seven pre-hire benchmarks and was told to get ready for the academy and that I would be contacted shortly about EOD. That was over three weeks ago(CASS puts the time frame at 30-60 days, so I guess that is normal), so I am still taking it day by day.
        I'm sure you won't be waiting very long. People are moving in and out of TSU like it's nobody's business it seems.

I know I've said this before, but I am in love with your username/avatar combo. In the most heterosexual way.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Hi everyone. I am new to this. I am just wondering how long a BI usually takes. I beleive I had my interview around mid- Aug, but my status is still "at the security office". Does it usually take that long? My Qualifications are also "pending". Everything else is completed. So I am hopeing to get in soon .

Comment

• Originally posted by DO8 View Post
            Hi everyone. I am new to this. I am just wondering how long a BI usually takes. I beleive I had my interview around mid- Aug, but my status is still "at the security office". Does it usually take that long? My Qualifications are also "pending". Everything else is completed. So I am hopeing to get in soon .
            It will take from 2 or 3 weeks to 18+ months.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
              It will take from 2 or 3 weeks to 18+ months.
              Thanks.. But I hope it does not take 18+ months.

Comment

Thanks.. But I hope it does not take 18+ months.
                No big deal- the longer the better. Use the 18 months to get in shape!

Comment

• Originally posted by LS1 View Post
                  No big deal- the longer the better. Use the 18 months to get in shape!
                  I know...just anxious to get a better job

Comment

I know...just anxious to get a better job
                    I hear that!

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                      I'm sure you won't be waiting very long. People are moving in and out of TSU like it's nobody's business it seems.

I know I've said this before, but I am in love with your username/avatar combo. In the most heterosexual way.

Turns out I got "the call" today while I was in the shower!! I just read an email from their HR in Minnesota telling me to call them about the offer.

So in my case, about six months exactly from applying online to "the call". That includes a 35 day delay for medical stuff, so not too bad. My BI took less than a month and the investigator said it could have gone much faster had I been more thorough on the form.

Comment

• Chris Shiherlis-
                        Congrats!...where was the offer for? When do you EOD?

Ryan
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        DEA Diversion Investigator

Interview&Written Test 2/22/10
                        Medical
                        BI

US Park Police
                        Application Submitted
                        NOR- 78

Border Patrol
                        Written Test- 93%

Comment

• well so i lost my job yesterday for a mistake that was made 11 mths ago...the day after i met with the BI so i called him up and gave him the story...

i 'm not to worried about the job..i'm more worried how this effects my background..

i'm cable tv contractor and the company we have the contract with didn't want me working for them anymore due to the mistake that i made..

so i wasn't fired...after talking the situation with my employer it was just a mutual agreement for us to part ways....

i'll keep you guys posted

Comment

• I met with my BI the last night. It went pretty well I think. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
                            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• question for guys who have gone to the academy, did you have to buy your own iniforms or gear or anything you have to be prepared to pay for out of pocket before or when you get to the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by raidersjoe View Post
                                question for guys who have gone to the academy, did you have to buy your own iniforms or gear or anything you have to be prepared to pay for out of pocket before or when you get to the academy?
                                Bring about 20 dollars for your name tapes and some incidental uniform stuff. There is a Walmart here in Artesia so any other stuff can be bought when you get here. Everything else is covered. Free food, maid service, tv's, computer labs. It's a virtual paradise. I don't know why I'm so sore everyday, though...
                                USSCP
                                Faxed App 7/28/10
                                Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                                Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8641 users online. 475 members and 8166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X