300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JT85 View Post
    Like I said though, I did take an adderal and an accidental pill back in college and that was it.
    What accidental pill?

Comment

• It turned out to be a percocet.

Comment

It turned out to be a percocet.
        I'm with SHU. You don't have much of a chance if you were using Rx drugs two years ago.

Comment

• Its either a 3 or a 5 year minimum depending on the offense that Internal Affairs thinks it takes to have matured since the offense. If someone was disqualified for underage drinking 2 years ago I think having certain pills without a prescription may be just as bad to internal affairs. I know they frowned upon me for have 3 speeding tickets and a stopped on railroad tracks and riding a motorcycle without a motorcycle license between 4-7 years ago. They didn't even like the tickets I won in court and were dismissed. They still didn't like that I was stopped and cited even though they were fully dismissed. They did like that I cleaned up my record since 2007. Showed that I've matured and learned from my mistakes and am not the same person that I was back then. That's what they like to see.
          Last edited by Miajr84; 05-26-2011, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            I'm with SHU. You don't have much of a chance if you were using Rx drugs two years ago.
            I tend to agree personally, but I'm not sure how IA will handle it. It seems like you are sincere but that may not be enough.

I did receive an MIP during college and that was 10 years ago, plus I went through the steps to have it purged from my record. I'm hoping the amount of time that has passed in addition to never touching drug in my life helps. I do have a question about one of the E-QIP questions that has me a little worried. It's the one about using technology for illegal purposes or something like that. I did respond stating that I did download music illegally, but I have stopped since the application process. I wonder how that will affect me.
            Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
            Applied: 7/15/10
            Exam: 8/20/10
            Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
            TSL 1: 9/10/10
            TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
            Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
            Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
            Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
            Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
            Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
            The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
            TSU: 7/29/2011

PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
            The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

Comment

• Post deleted
              Last edited by JT85; 08-22-2011, 01:07 AM.

Comment

It turned out to be a percocet.
                you illegally took an adderol and percocet that was not prescribed to you two years ago..and you expect for agents on this board to accept you with open arms as a potential future agent. When you ask questions on this forum be prepared for a blunt answer.

I don't think you have a chance. Not with border patrol or any other agency right now. You need more time between the drug use and application. This shows you made a mature mistake and learned from your mistakes.
                Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Post Deleted
                  Last edited by JT85; 08-22-2011, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Wow! I didn't realize that this mistake can totally ruin me. I put a lot of hard work in getting to where I am currently at i.e. passing the test, the OB and working out 5 days a week. That's pretty much the only bad thing I have done. But at least I admitted it. I know for certain that ALL of you have made mistakes in your lives and they know that and I also know that SOME of won't admit to them that you did this or that in your past. I finally owned up to it b/c it needed to be said and it also shows CHARACTER. Thats what they want to have on their force. Did I make the mistake of not providing the info in the application yes but I did realize that I made a mistake and needed to be up front about it. If I go down for that then at least I went down for telling the truth. But its all up to them though.

SHU: You need to choose better words than "EMBARRASSING" next time. You know absolutely nothing about me. I made a mistake a couple of years ago. I owned up to it and most people wouldn't have and thats called "LACK OF CHARACTER". Just keep that in mind.
                    I hate to see this get blown out of proportion. If I were you JT85, I would just focus on the hiring process and not get worked up over what everyone else is saying here. If anything, as long as you were up front with the facts, then that's that. In the end, it's up to the investigator and CBP. They haven't disqualified you yet so relax. I've been disqualified from a state PD (permanently; for reasons I'd rather not discuss here) and that brought me down to the point where I didn't want to apply for an LEO career ever again because I thought that nobody else would hire me after that. On top of that, at age 15, I committed a felony (2nd Degree Burglary) and although it was expunged, it's still there in the eyes of any police department or federal agency.

Regardless, I keep trying because I know at least one agency will hire me someday. I worked hard to improve myself and to make up for the mistakes I made as a kid. Each time, I get closer and closer, learning more and more about the process. I beat about 3000 applicants and got into the top 100 for a Sheriff's Dept. and I find that an accomplishment, even though I didn't get selected. Now, I'm at the last stages of the Border Patrol process and I'm not about to give up. I suggest you don't either.
                    Last edited by jason35; 05-26-2011, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• It doesn't matter what your background investigator thinks. They just grab facts. It's what your adjucator thinks in internal affairs that will determine your fate. Yes it shows good character admitting fault, but to internal affairs it raises the question of your maturity and if your ready for the job. Hence why slot of people write nopa letters after their investigation. To explain their past faults and how they have moved on learned from them and matured since then.

Comment

• As far as I'm concerned, it's the time since the event that might come back to haunt you. I'm not one to pass judgement, so I won't.

Comment

• If you truly only took Adderall ONCE to study in college and you accidentally took a Percocet ONCE, then I think you are handling this situation wrong. If I was an investigator, I would highly doubt your stories about taking the pills only one time. Your attempts to "come clean" by faxing explanations would just raise red flags as far as I'm concerned.

Just relax, tell your BI the truth and see what happens.

Comment

• I agree. Let's move on to other topics. Just be honest! Next question/topics

Comment

• Originally posted by gustavobullet View Post
                              I agree. Let's move on to other topics. Just be honest! Next question/topics
                              have u ever gotten a dui

Comment

• Originally posted by jason35 View Post
                                I hate to see this get blown out of proportion. If I were you JT85, I would just focus on the hiring process and not get worked up over what everyone else is saying here. If anything, as long as you were up front with the facts, then that's that. In the end, it's up to the investigator and CBP. They haven't disqualified you yet so relax.
                                +1 ^^^

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8691 users online. 286 members and 8405 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X