300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Edited by User
    Last edited by jvilla; 05-21-2011, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Post erased by user
      Last edited by jvilla; 05-21-2011, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• Post erased by user
        Last edited by jvilla; 05-21-2011, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pepe View Post
          Can my dual nationality affect my plans to become a BPA? I possess both the Mexican and the US citizenship. As far as I'm concern I renounced to the Mexican one before a federal court the day I became a US citizen. Well, I just found out that the beautiful Mexican government still recognizes me as their citizen despite my renunciation. Would there be a conflict of interests when it comes to obtaining security clearance? Any help would be much appreciated!
          pepe,

I am a Border Patrol Agent who naturalized from Mexico. I am telling you right now this will not be a problem for you. Like someone stated earlier all thats going to happen is that the background investigator will have you sign a paper saying that your allegiance is with the United States and not Mexico. Dont listen to the post about some certificate from a ceremony or something like that. I was in your shoes about 3 years ago and have been with BP for 2 years. Dont worry about it and good luck in your process.
          LA MIGRA LIVES FOREVER!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bp09 View Post
            pepe,

I am a Border Patrol Agent who naturalized from Mexico. I am telling you right now this will not be a problem for you. Like someone stated earlier all thats going to happen is that the background investigator will have you sign a paper saying that your allegiance is with the United States and not Mexico. Dont listen to the post about some certificate from a ceremony or something like that. I was in your shoes about 3 years ago and have been with BP for 2 years. Dont worry about it and good luck in your process.
            This statement is correct. I did some research to improve my poor recall of what was collected and the "certificate" that I recalled was the statement that you would be willing to renounce, nothing more. My bad! Good luck and stay safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by bp09 View Post
              pepe,

Thanks a lot bp09 those are the best good news I've ever received in my life! Solohammer thanks to you as well.
              Last edited by pepe; 05-22-2011, 02:46 PM.
              "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
              Written Test: 10/04/10
              NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
              TSL 1: 11/17/10
              OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
              Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
              TSL 2: 04/29/11.
              e-QIP: 05/08/11
              BI Interview: 07/26/11
              Drug test: 08/05/11
              Polygraph: 02/08/2012
              CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
              Written Test: 12/09/10
              NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
              TSL 1: 06/14/11
              PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
              VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Anyone know of any good documentaries about the Patrol besides from NG's Border Wars?
                I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***....
                And I'm all outta bubble gum!

Comment

• Originally posted by USDIESEL View Post
                  Anyone know of any good documentaries about the Patrol besides from NG's Border Wars?
                  cops and coyotes and there was an episode of dangerous drives that wasn't bad

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                    cops and coyotes and there was an episode of dangerous drives that wasn't bad
                    Awesome, thanks!
                    I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***....
                    And I'm all outta bubble gum!

Comment

• Thank you Cloudbuster. My BI finished coming up on 3 or 4 weeks now. I hope I hear something soon!
                      Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

Comment

• You'll be hearing from the polygraph agency soon. They contact 4-6 weeks after your BI.

Comment

• I'm still waiting to hear from a poly. Its going to be two months and some.

Comment

• Doing my BI meeting on Wednesday

Comment

• so how long before i can see my stuff in CASS? I just did my PFT1/Medical, EQIP, and have my oral board tomorrow but CASS says that it can't find my SSN/app Id when i try to log in. My TSL2 has the link to CASS telling me to check my status there but again, can't find anything.
                              BPA
                              Applied: 12/15/10
                              Written Test: (101) 1/15/11
                              TSL1: 4/1/11
                              TSL2/EQIP: 5/5/11
                              PFT1/Medical: 5/11/11
                              Oral Board: 5/24/11
                              BI Interview: 6/20/11
                              Drug Test: 8/2/11
                              TSU: 8/9/11
                              The Call: 8/11/11
                              (Tucson Station)
                              EOD: 9/5/11

Comment

• Just received email with attached form putting me in TSU.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9858 users online. 503 members and 9355 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X