Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The step test is a complete joke compared to running your first mile and a half in artesia, NM

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
      The step test is a complete joke compared to running your first mile and a half in artesia, NM
      Yeah, I know what you mean. I live at sea level. Every chance I get I run at big bear lake when I'm up there. Nothing like high altitude running to wear you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
        When did you have your BI interview ? The more you know the more that can hurt you going into your poly. It seems like having a blank slate going in is the best thing. Plenty of rest, no coffee, maybe take a day off or two to be stress free and then becomfortable, upfront, and honest during your poly and you should do fine.
        i had my BI in jan 2011..

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
          What part of my first or second post on this matter was incorrect?

I'll go one further, where in the past 142 pages have I posted bad or otherwise incorrect information?
          madchiken post #4961

"OPM can't appeal it because of Obama's Executive Order. If you aren't hired by 2/28, you will have to re-apply. That is a fact. You will not be hired under any FCIP announcement starting 3/1."

I applied last year. I have yet to be hired and I have not had to "re-apply" and we are well past 2/28. In fact, the process has been pretty smooth so far.

madchiken post #5692

“You aren't going to get a security clearance.”

I have dual citizenship and I already have a SC. I’ve also just completed my BI with USBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
            The step test is a complete joke compared to running your first mile and a half in artesia, NM
            I wasn't comparing the step test to an actual workout, but I do believe that it's not something to take lightly.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
              madchiken post #4961

"OPM can't appeal it because of Obama's Executive Order. If you aren't hired by 2/28, you will have to re-apply. That is a fact. You will not be hired under any FCIP announcement starting 3/1."

I applied last year. I have yet to be hired and I have not had to "re-apply" and we are well past 2/28. In fact, the process has been pretty smooth so far.
              That's pretty good. The only thing I was wrong about was something that DHS side stepped by openning a 24 hour vacancy announcement for preference eligibles only. Gotta love the lawyers that came up with that idea.

madchiken post #5692

“You aren't going to get a security clearance.”

I have dual citizenship and I already have a SC. I’ve also just completed my BI with USBP.
              In case you missed it the last dozen or so times its been said. BPA applicants do not get a security clearance, nor does having a security clearance speed up the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by rynotex View Post
                I wasn't comparing the step test to an actual workout, but I do believe that it's not something to take lightly.
                The step test is a joke, IMO.

U.S. Border Patrol
                EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• BTW, forgot to add that I received an email today notifying me that my credit had been pulled by Customs. My phone is not leaving my sight. Can anyone advise on what to bring to the interview to expedite the process, or at least make it smoother for the BI.

U.S. Border Patrol
                  EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by Allistar View Post
                    BTW, forgot to add that I received an email today notifying me that my credit had been pulled by Customs. My phone is not leaving my sight. Can anyone advise on what to bring to the interview to expedite the process, or at least make it smoother for the BI.
                    Copies and originals of your DL, social, birth cert, passport, and marriage Cert or divorce if applicable. If your parents were naturalized citizens you'll need there citizenship paperwork too.

Comment

• Good by fellow applicants and agents

I originally got on this post to get information. But seem like people are bickering a lot. Also most of the people who were giving great info are in the academy now and people are asking questions for stuff I have already completed. I am at the end of the damn process with only poly, and 2ndpft to do. And wait a lot longer. I wish you all well and hope to some of you at the academy!!

Save the republic!!

Comment

• Just finished my BI 3 weeks ago. Eagerly awaiting a call. Does anyone know how CBP works with military deployments? Only reason I ask is because I go on active duty orders at the end of June. Would break my heart to make it this far and lose a slot...thanks in advance
                        Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

Comment

• Just got a call to meet for my background next week, hell yeah. One step closer.

So I got a question about different the shifts in BP, like days, swings, and graves. Obviously agents pull more than the normal eight hour shifts, but I was wondering how they are supposed to be structured. Like are days 6-2, swings 2-10, and graves 10-6?
                          You broke the law, now the law breaks you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
                            Copies and originals of your DL, social, birth cert, passport, and marriage Cert or divorce if applicable. If your parents were naturalized citizens you'll need there citizenship paperwork too.
                            Thanks.

U.S. Border Patrol
                            EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• Well, I think and hope this is good news. I sent my NOPA about 3 weeks ago and I just checked cass and I have a green check-mark on the BI. I believe that means they accepted my NOPA, I am waiting for a written confirmation before I get my hopes up. I just got my medical re-done, so that would be the last step before going into TSU, again. It's been 3 years for me. Hopefully I get a call sometime this year before every other step expires.

Comment

• dcsnoboard22
                                dont worry just send MHC a copy of your orders by e-mail they will put them in your file when you get back you pick up where you left. just keep them updated on your status.

I pass the step test they definitely look higher in person lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6349 users online. 260 members and 6089 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X