300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phisical exam

well i passed my medical exam and phisical fitness test today. now just waiting for the random drug test and B I.

Comment

• Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know if border patrol is still hiring? I heard they were looking to put on a large amount of agents by the end of this year. I also read that they have just about met their goal. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this? Also, if this is true; does anyone know what their recruitment goals are for 09? Just a nervous hopeful here looking for any possible advice. I take the test on Tuesday and I'm just looking to get a little bit of last minute information. Thanks for any tips/advice/insight that may be offered!!! Lookin' forward to seein' ya'll out there in field.

-Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyboy17 View Post
        Does anyone know if border patrol is still hiring?
        Did you happen to look at the new vacany announcement on USAJOBS? It opened on Oct. 1, 2008.

Comment

• Update from FLETC

Hey All! I EODed on Monday last week in Swanton. There were 8 of us total. At FLETC there were another 6 or 7 from Grand Forks. I can't remember what number Swanton was looking for total, but as of right now they are not where they were wanting to be. When we get there we'll see whether there will be another hiring push.
          Right off the bus at FLETC they were in our face, but if you are prior military then you'll have a good idea of what to expect. We reported on Wednesday and by Friday 3 people quit. One had a previous injury and the other 2 just resigned. We had barely done anything yet.
          Based on my previous military experience, It'll all be a matter of toughing it out psychologically. It's that mental toughness that will get you through. You just have to want it bad enough.
          As I post updates, I won't get too specific, for opsec reasons and because you need to get yourself ready. Do your running and stuff, but know they will push you no matter how good a shape you are in. The better shape you are in to start, that's one less thing to stress about for your graduation. You can concentrate on your studies more.
          That's my two cents, good luck to all of you!
          USSCP
          Faxed App 7/28/10
          Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
          Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Welcome to FLETC Gitmovet!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by brandonthelaw; 02-15-2009, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brandonthelaw View Post
              Above all, I could say that mouth shut/ears open is generally the best policy when in doubt.
              This can't be stressed enough! Anyone reading this that is going through the hiring process, please take that statement to heart.

Way too many just don't "get it" enough to keep the trap shut and to listen to what the experienced agents have to teach.

Comment

• Thanks for the update, Gitmo....

Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                Hey All! I EODed on Monday last week in Swanton. There were 8 of us total. At FLETC there were another 6 or 7 from Grand Forks. I can't remember what number Swanton was looking for total, but as of right now they are not where they were wanting to be. When we get there we'll see whether there will be another hiring push.
                Right off the bus at FLETC they were in our face, but if you are prior military then you'll have a good idea of what to expect. We reported on Wednesday and by Friday 3 people quit. One had a previous injury and the other 2 just resigned. We had barely done anything yet.
                Based on my previous military experience, It'll all be a matter of toughing it out psychologically. It's that mental toughness that will get you through. You just have to want it bad enough.
                As I post updates, I won't get too specific, for opsec reasons and because you need to get yourself ready. Do your running and stuff, but know they will push you no matter how good a shape you are in. The better shape you are in to start, that's one less thing to stress about for your graduation. You can concentrate on your studies more.
                That's my two cents, good luck to all of you!
                Tested--07/12/2008-passed
                pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
                oral board--08/29/2008--passed
                medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
                drug test--09/03/2008--passed
                background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
                qualifications--completed
                referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
                EOD 10/20--

Comment

• So, ended up passing the oral interview last week. And spent $55 overnighting my paperwork since its due tomorrow. That'll teach me...

Comment

• I think I might have been taken out of the expedited process looking for some input on this. One compared to the others that tested the same time I did, I am no longer moving as quickly, and two, I got a letter last week saying that some of my paper work was off and I needed to correct the forms and Re-submit them.

My question is would this remove me from the Expedited process and put me in the regular process or what?
                    BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                    Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                    Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                    Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                    Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                    Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                    Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by brandonthelaw View Post
                      If you were prior service, you should be 10-8. :
                      What is this "10-8" you speak of?
                      BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                      Med---09/02/2008--Passed

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

Comment

• Originally posted by momnie48 View Post
                        I think I might have been taken out of the expedited process looking for some input on this. One compared to the others that tested the same time I did, I am no longer moving as quickly, and two, I got a letter last week saying that some of my paper work was off and I needed to correct the forms and Re-submit them.

My question is would this remove me from the Expedited process and put me in the regular process or what?
                        There is no "expedited" process. They tried something out for about 30 days (about 6 months ago), but cancelled it after only a handful of applicants passed the poly.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick reply. I was unware of that.
                          BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                          Med---09/02/2008--Passed

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

Comment

• Hey everyone,
                            I got "the call" this morning. I am going to be stationed in the Willcox Station in the Tucson sector. I EOD on the 16th and hit the academy on the 21st. Thank you for all the great threads and advice during this process.

Comment

• how long was your process? Test to the Call?
                              BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                              Med---09/02/2008--Passed

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

Comment

• well had my interview the my BI today...lets just say i wished i didn't amass a list of over 20 jobs and over 10 addresses...it the meeting was about 4 hrs..tomorrow i have to go track down some people he says he'll need to speak with

he ends our meeting with "i'll be talking with you very soon"

i'll keep you guys updated

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7626 users online. 405 members and 7221 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X