300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by avatar311 View Post
    I was referring to Madchicken's post: "you aren't going to get a clearance".....anyone, regardless of position, is capable of giving bogus, vague information.
    True. However, Pepe asked a question - which has been answered by several people. You told him not to listen to what others were saying in their replies. I'm not trying to say that every agent knows everything about the hiring process... but personally, I'd be more likely to listen to someone who works for the Border Patrol over someone who does not (your profile indicates that you are a student).
    I don't think that dual citizenship (since renounced, at that) would normally be an issue - but because he has dual citizenship with Mexico, of all places, I wouldn't be surprised if it did become an issue for him. Somebody else said that it would be a good idea to have some kind of documentation that supports his having renounced his citizenship. I'd go with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by pepe View Post
      No.

Try to use proper grammar rules; you will need it.
      I fixed it for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
        A lot of the recent information is incorrect. I have DUAL citizenship and this has not been a problem for me. I was born and raised in a foreign country with good US ties. After graduating high school, I moved to the US and have been here ever since. I still have family living abroad. My BI is complete and I was merely ASKED if I would be willing to renounce my dual citizenship and who my allegiance is with. I signed a document stating that my response was “yes and with the US”.

These letters of “renouncing citizenship” do exist but are not recognized in many countries. You can deliver them to the embassy all you want but in the eyes of many of these countries, you will always be their citizen. Don't waist your time with this unless you are told to do so.

Unless your allegiance is with this foreign country or your dual citizenship is of a country in question and your foreign ties are questionable, you will not have a problem either. Just be sure to state all of this in your eQip and be ready to explain everything to your BI.

Good luck….
        Sounds like good info to me. Now that I think about it, the letter you describe sounds more like what was sought. Thanks for putting that out.

Stay safe out there.

Comment

you meant that you are only getting a BI to see if you qualify for the job, which doesn't necessarily result in a security clearance?

otherwise it sounds as if you are saying that his background is not clearing, period. in which case, you know this because you wrote the memo on clearances or you are the lead adjudicator at CBP IA?
          Your background investigation is for a suitability determination, not a security clearance. If, in the course of your duties, you may be granted one based the SF-86 you've submitted, but it's a rare PA that needs that kind of clearance.

You know, I read all the time on some of the other areas of this board "you asked for a response, you don't get to dictate how it's delivered." You can justify your response all you want, even type [email protected]#t back if you want. It won't change the fact that Madchicken and I have experience with conducting BIs and it sure won't change the fact that Mad doesn't make a lot of effort be tactful on the internet. That's the way it is. You can roll your eyes and move on, or not. Anyway, whatever you decide, good luck in your process. Stay safe out there.

Comment

• really>>>>
            Last edited by avatar311; 08-25-2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              Last edited by avatar311; 08-25-2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I was referring to Madchicken's post: "you aren't going to get a clearance".....anyone, regardless of position, is capable of giving bogus, vague information.
                What part of my first or second post on this matter was incorrect?

I'll go one further, where in the past 142 pages have I posted bad or otherwise incorrect information?
                Last edited by madchiken; 05-18-2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone on here know anything about the BPA eight week Spanish language course for new Agents who do not speak Spanish?

After taking the language course, will I be somewhat fluent in Spanish or will I just know how to give simple commands and carry on a simple conversation?

Does the course also cover reading and writing Spanish?

Are all BPAs fluent in Spanish?

Comment

• You won't be fluent in 8 weeks. It's a really great idea to become as fluent as possible. It's always nice to know when the illegals your apprehending are planning to hit you over the head. You won't know what they are planning if you aren't fluent.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect on my poly, i have it on june 7??? i have cleared everything else on the cass but the BI..

Comment

• Originally posted by agentGONZO View Post
                          can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect on my poly, i have it on june 7??? i have cleared everything else on the cass but the BI..
                          I could tell you what it will be like but I would be helping you more if I just told you to get ample sleep, stay off the coffee, relax, and be honest and upfront from the beginning.

Any deeper research into the matter will only be detrimental.

Comment

• Originally posted by agentGONZO View Post
                            can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect on my poly, i have it on june 7??? i have cleared everything else on the cass but the BI..
                            When did you have your BI interview ? The more you know the more that can hurt you going into your poly. It seems like having a blank slate going in is the best thing. Plenty of rest, no coffee, maybe take a day off or two to be stress free and then becomfortable, upfront, and honest during your poly and you should do fine.

Comment

• >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                              Last edited by avatar311; 08-25-2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rynotex View Post
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgaNwHMPcmE

If the link doesn't work just type border patrol step test on youtube.

The step test is no joke. Nothing to lose sleep over but the steps are pretty quick.
                                agreed. After minute 2 I was wishing I could run a 1.5 mile instead of the step test
                                BPA
                                Written Exam: 8/24/10
                                TO: 8/15/10
                                Interview: 11/03/10
                                Medical: 03/11/11
                                BI meeting 05/11
                                PFT2 09/02/11
                                EOD 09/12/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9309 users online. 465 members and 8844 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X