Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by avatar311 View Post
    Pepe,

    Don't listent to bogus information from the other replies. What matters is that you already renounced your foreign citizenship, the investigator will go over that information with you.

    Not that you necessarily care, but some of that "bogus information" came from an agent. Additionally, I'm sure I read that somewhere else as well. Off the top of my head I can't tell you where; but I'll look around and see if I can find it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pepe View Post
      Can my dual nationality affect my plans to become a BPA? I possess both the Mexican and the US citizenship. As far as I'm concern I renounced to the Mexican one before a federal court the day I became a US citizen. Well, I just found out that the beautiful Mexican government still recognizes me as their citizen despite my renunciation. Would there be a conflict of interests when it comes to obtaining security clearance? Any help would be much appreciated!
      Dual nationality won't be too much of a problem. Dual CITIZENSHIP is prohibited. No one can control that the MexGov still considers you a citizen. You'll need a formal renunciation. If you made one when you Naturalized, then you'll need a certified copy. Otherwise, look around on line and see what you can find. The case agent doing your investigation may have more details but they can be tough to get a hold of (case agents, that is). That's the best I can do.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        You aren't going to get a security clearance.
        Really? So how is it possible for the patrol to have so many Mexican-American agents? Although they were born in the USA, the Mexican laws grants them Mexican citizenship at birth, therefore, they acquire dual citizenship of both countries. How were they able to get through this step? Now, since they didn't go through a naturalization process before a federal court, like I did, they have not legally and formally renounce to that Mexican nationality.
        "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

        BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
        Written Test: 10/04/10
        NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 11/17/10
        OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
        Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
        TSL 2: 04/29/11.
        e-QIP: 05/08/11
        BI Interview: 07/26/11
        Drug test: 08/05/11
        Polygraph: 02/08/2012
        CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
        Written Test: 12/09/10
        NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 06/14/11
        PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
        VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Solohammer View Post
          Dual nationality won't be too much of a problem. Dual CITIZENSHIP is prohibited. No one can control that the MexGov still considers you a citizen. You'll need a formal renunciation. If you made one when you Naturalized, then you'll need a certified copy. Otherwise, look around on line and see what you can find. The case agent doing your investigation may have more details but they can be tough to get a hold of (case agents, that is). That's the best I can do.
          Thanks solo, I was really hoping to hear something along that line. I hope this doesn't become an issue. Thanks everybody for your input.
          "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

          BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
          Written Test: 10/04/10
          NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
          TSL 1: 11/17/10
          OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
          Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
          TSL 2: 04/29/11.
          e-QIP: 05/08/11
          BI Interview: 07/26/11
          Drug test: 08/05/11
          Polygraph: 02/08/2012
          CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
          Written Test: 12/09/10
          NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
          TSL 1: 06/14/11
          PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
          VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

          Comment


          • Originally posted by pepe View Post
            Really? So how is it possible for the patrol to have so many Mexican-American agents? Although they were born in the USA, the Mexican laws grants them Mexican citizenship at birth, therefore, they acquire dual citizenship of both countries. How were they able to get through this step? Now, since they didn't go through a naturalization process before a federal court, like I did, they have not legally and formally renounce to that Mexican nationality.
            Because, since they were U.S. Citizens at birth, as far as U.S. Law is concerned, they hold no other citizenship. One would have to renounce one's U.S. Citizenship formally. Again, U.S. Law is not concerned that Mexico recognizes them as dual citizens.
            Last edited by Solohammer; 05-18-2011, 01:13 AM. Reason: conclusion jumping

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pepe View Post
              Really? So how is it possible for the patrol to have so many Mexican-American agents? Although they were born in the USA, the Mexican laws grants them Mexican citizenship at birth, therefore, they acquire dual citizenship of both countries. How were they able to get through this step? Now, since they didn't go through a naturalization process before a federal court, like I did, they have not legally and formally renounce to that Mexican nationality.
              It has nothing to do with you being a natz USC or your dual citizenship issues. I was merely pointing out that you (plural for all the applicants) are not going to get a security clearance.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                Common sense. For crying out loud, how the heck do your I-213 narratives look with you mangling the English language like this?
                Haha, well said. Maybe on the 5th try he would have gotten it.


                U.S. Border Patrol
                EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX



                Comment


                • Originally posted by pepe View Post
                  Can my dual nationality affect my plans to become a BPA? I possess both the Mexican and the US citizenship. As far as I'm concern I renounced to the Mexican one before a federal court the day I became a US citizen. Well, I just found out that the beautiful Mexican government still recognizes me as their citizen despite my renunciation. Would there be a conflict of interests when it comes to obtaining security clearance? Any help would be much appreciated!
                  A lot of the recent information is incorrect. I have DUAL citizenship and this has not been a problem for me. I was born and raised in a foreign country with good US ties. After graduating high school, I moved to the US and have been here ever since. I still have family living abroad. My BI is complete and I was merely ASKED if I would be willing to renounce my dual citizenship and who my allegiance is with. I signed a document stating that my response was “yes and with the US”.

                  These letters of “renouncing citizenship” do exist but are not recognized in many countries. You can deliver them to the embassy all you want but in the eyes of many of these countries, you will always be their citizen. Don't waist your time with this unless you are told to do so.

                  Unless your allegiance is with this foreign country or your dual citizenship is of a country in question and your foreign ties are questionable, you will not have a problem either. Just be sure to state all of this in your eQip and be ready to explain everything to your BI.

                  Good luck….
                  Last edited by CZ_Kid; 05-18-2011, 06:11 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Dual citizenship should not present a problem to an applicant. I know several PAs that are naturalized citizens who were born in other countries. It is a non-issue.

                    Now if you were born in the U.S, and took steps to immigrate to another country and become a citizen there, that would be a problem.

                    Comment


                    • Let's move on to another subject. Please!

                      Comment


                      • really>>>>
                        Last edited by avatar311; 08-25-2019, 07:10 PM.

                        Comment


                        • really>>>>
                          Last edited by avatar311; 08-25-2019, 07:10 PM.

                          Comment


                          • can someone tell me if at the medical appointment there blood drawn

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
                              can someone tell me if at the medical appointment there blood drawn
                              No.

                              Try to use proper grammar rules; You will need it.
                              Last edited by pepe; 05-18-2011, 06:59 PM.
                              "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

                              BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                              Written Test: 10/04/10
                              NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                              TSL 1: 11/17/10
                              OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                              Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                              TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                              e-QIP: 05/08/11
                              BI Interview: 07/26/11
                              Drug test: 08/05/11
                              Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                              CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                              Written Test: 12/09/10
                              NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                              TSL 1: 06/14/11
                              PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                              VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

                              Comment


                              • Just got the call this morning from my BI and we met this afternoon. Just have a few pieces of paperwork to gather for my BI that i didnt have available and I'll be done with this step. Hoping to get my poly/TSU next.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10601 users online. 363 members and 10238 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X