Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SHU View Post
    Detroit is quite difficult to get. 8 years or more unless you marry your way up there.
    Wow, so they give priority due to marriage? Thanks for the information.
    Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
    Applied: 7/15/10
    Exam: 8/20/10
    Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
    TSL 1: 9/10/10
    TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
    Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
    Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
    Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
    Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
    Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
    The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
    TSU: 7/29/2011

    PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
    The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

    Comment


    • A few of my references were contacted by USIS to verify my BI's procedures for the interviews. Hopefully this means my file is complete. Any thoughts?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by A_Gillespie View Post
        Wow, so they give priority due to marriage? Thanks for the information.
        Only if you marry someone with more time in the Patrol than you have...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by irish21 View Post
          Are there many CBP opportunities up North? (Wisconsin/Montanna/etc.)
          Or does nearly everyone get sent to the US/Mexico border?
          OFO offers far more opportunities up north compared to OBP.

          Out of roughly 21K CBPOs, 20% are on the northern border, 35% on the southern border.
          Out of roughly 21K BPAs, 10% are on the northern border, 88% are on the southern border.

          Comment


          • So did they send you to a specialist

            Originally posted by devilzrule View Post
            I had the same issue with my BP medical..i had an abnormal ECG and wouldnt let me complete fitness..said i needed to get cleared by my DR. Went to my Dr the same day, he gave me the Ok and then i completed my fitness when i went back for my PPD follow up.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by A_Gillespie View Post
              Can anyone on here shed some light on the transfer process? I've seen a few posts prior stating how difficult it is to transfer, but is it just as difficult to transfer to somewhere like Detroit? I can't imagine a huge demand to head that way.
              When relocation opportunities are open you have to have a minimum of two years to even apply. Then the lists are made by seniority at each station. However, that shouldn't discourage you from applying for them if you want to go someplace else. At the beginning of the last big hiring push people who had just hit their two year mark were getting transfers to the Northern Border. They had to create the whole "Northern Border Intern Program" because they could not get enough people to fill all of the openings on the northern border. It used to be much harder to get a transfer to the southern border, now it is the opposite. Many of the desirable northern stations are full because of the northern border intern program. Still, if you make it into the Patrol and you want to transfer, you should always put in if you are eligible. The worst that can happen is that you don't get selected. We just had a guy at my station with 3 years in get a transfer, so anything is possible. While relocating is certainly not something that you can plan for or count on as a sure thing, you will get opportunities to do so.

              Comment


              • Received a call from my BI this past Thursday. I'll be meeting with him on Wednesday. Things seem to be picking up for me at least.
                BP
                Applied online: 07/15/2010
                Written test: 08/23/2010
                Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
                TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
                OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
                PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
                TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
                Drug test: 04/05/2011
                BI meeting: 5/11/2011
                BI completed???
                TSU???
                EOD???

                Comment


                • i have a few questions about the procees and a few forms that we just emailed to me last week.
                  1 under annual income do I use 2010 tax's and just put n/a under the items that dont apply.
                  2.under liabilities anything I understand that anything under 500 should not be reported but I have a loan I just took out and on the form it is asking for a year end balance what do I place there?
                  3.I took my medical and passed my pt1 but now my cass says under oral interview n/a and prior to seting up my apt for the medical it said that "pending at this time" im a little confused...

                  one more when they sent the employee surplus email, does that mean they are hiring fast or slowing down the process
                  thank you
                  Last edited by bournesto33; 05-07-2011, 12:04 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by M_akaveli8 View Post
                    Received a call from my BI this past Thursday. I'll be meeting with him on Wednesday. Things seem to be picking up for me at least.
                    Wow, things are moving quick for you. Some of my dates are a little older than yours, which is a little discouraging for me. I'm still waiting for a call about the BI interview. The Background Investigation line item on my CASS has been recently updated to Your case is in the security office. Hopefully I receive a call soon, however I'm not excited about notifying my current employer.

                    Congrats
                    Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
                    Applied: 7/15/10
                    Exam: 8/20/10
                    Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
                    TSL 1: 9/10/10
                    TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
                    Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
                    Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
                    Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
                    Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
                    Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
                    The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
                    TSU: 7/29/2011

                    PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
                    The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                      When relocation opportunities are open you have to have a minimum of two years to even apply. Then the lists are made by seniority at each station. However, that shouldn't discourage you from applying for them if you want to go someplace else. At the beginning of the last big hiring push people who had just hit their two year mark were getting transfers to the Northern Border. They had to create the whole "Northern Border Intern Program" because they could not get enough people to fill all of the openings on the northern border. It used to be much harder to get a transfer to the southern border, now it is the opposite. Many of the desirable northern stations are full because of the northern border intern program. Still, if you make it into the Patrol and you want to transfer, you should always put in if you are eligible. The worst that can happen is that you don't get selected. We just had a guy at my station with 3 years in get a transfer, so anything is possible. While relocating is certainly not something that you can plan for or count on as a sure thing, you will get opportunities to do so.
                      Thanks for the reply. The prior reply stating it takes about 8 years seemed pretty long.
                      Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
                      Applied: 7/15/10
                      Exam: 8/20/10
                      Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
                      TSL 1: 9/10/10
                      TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
                      Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
                      Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
                      Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
                      Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
                      Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
                      The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
                      TSU: 7/29/2011

                      PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
                      The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by A_Gillespie View Post
                        Wow, things are moving quick for you. Some of my dates are a little older than yours, which is a little discouraging for me. I'm still waiting for a call about the BI interview. The Background Investigation line item on my CASS has been recently updated to Your case is in the security office. Hopefully I receive a call soon, however I'm not excited about notifying my current employer.

                        Congrats
                        Have you electronically updated your eqip yet ? It seems those of us who have updated our eqips electronically are moving along.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by A_Gillespie View Post
                          Wow, things are moving quick for you. Some of my dates are a little older than yours, which is a little discouraging for me. I'm still waiting for a call about the BI interview. The Background Investigation line item on my CASS has been recently updated to Your case is in the security office. Hopefully I receive a call soon, however I'm not excited about notifying my current employer.

                          Congrats
                          I received the phone call from the investigator four or five days after my BI was changed to "Your case in the security office,” which I was pleasantly surprised. I’m with you with the fact that I’m not looking forward to letting me current supervisor know about my BP application. She has been known to hold it against other workers when she finds out they want to leave.
                          I’ll be informing her about it first thing Monday morning, I’ll post a message here to let everyone know how that goes.
                          BP
                          Applied online: 07/15/2010
                          Written test: 08/23/2010
                          Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
                          TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
                          OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
                          PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
                          TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
                          Drug test: 04/05/2011
                          BI meeting: 5/11/2011
                          BI completed???
                          TSU???
                          EOD???

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
                            Have you electronically updated your eqip yet ? It seems those of us who have updated our eqips electronically are moving along.
                            Yep, I updated it electronically on 4/10/2011, 2 days after I received the request.
                            Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
                            Applied: 7/15/10
                            Exam: 8/20/10
                            Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
                            TSL 1: 9/10/10
                            TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
                            Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
                            Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
                            Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
                            Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
                            Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
                            The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
                            TSU: 7/29/2011

                            PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
                            The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

                            Comment


                            • Hi everyone!

                              I had a quick question about the Patrol. Well my question is actually about gear. As we all know, the sun on the SWB can be brutal at times. The sun can obviously cause massive damage in the long run to your eyes, particularly the retinas. A good pair of sunglasses with good UV protection are essential to helping with the longevity of your eyesight.

                              I was wondering from guys here who currently work the SWB for the Patrol, what in your opinions are the best sunglasses you can buy that offer great protection from the sun?

                              Anyone's opinion is great!

                              Thanks!
                              I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***....
                              And I'm all outta bubble gum!

                              Comment


                              • Just met up with my background investigator a little while ago. I had a two hour meeting with him at a local library. Everything went well. He said my paper work was due by the end of this week.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10627 users online. 507 members and 10120 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X