Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well my drug test results came through today.........

I passed of course. I always say no to drugs!!!
    BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
    Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
    Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
    Med---09/02/2008--Passed
    Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
    Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
    Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• well i'm a lil nervous @ this point b/c since starting the process me and my girlfriend have ad some problems and i had to move out for a while which caused some money issues but i'm almost out of them but i know its been reported to the credit big 3..

well it's been a nice trip..good luck to you guys currently in the process

i'm going back to praying now

Comment

• if by the graces i get the call from you guys thats already have gotten the call..HOW LONG ARE THEY GIVING YOU TO REPORT??

i'm thinking 21 - 30 days but my gut is telling me something else
        Last edited by quannj; 09-28-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Just got a call from an investigator who wants to meet with me regarding my application. Finished the medical here about a week or so ago. Still haven't been drug tested, but I imagine it's coming any day now (not worried).

The investigator was a little odd though, she wanted to have a 4-5hr meeting with me at work, when my boss said no, she said she'd need to reserve a room at a local library or something similar. This surprises me for two reasons, one: What can we possibly be doing for 4-5hrs? Two: Why doesn't she have some sort of official office we can have this meeting at?

What are some of you all's experiences with the investigator meeting?

Also, another question, are polygraphs standard for BPA applicants? I just finished a polygraph for a local police department, I passed it, but still it was an unpleasant experience I'd rather not repeat if given the choice.
          You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.

Comment

• phiscal fitness test

i took the written passed 94% turned in forms, and passed my oral board thursday sep 25th and i got a call frida to schedule my medical/phisical fitness. im gonna try to schedule for later this week. im still trying to get well after a recent shoulder injury, i can do about 15 pushups but im getting better every day. does anybody know what happens if you fail the fitness? do they let you re-take the test? and how long do they give you to complete the re-test?

Comment

• phiscal fitness test

i took the written passed 94% turned in forms, and passed my oral board thursday sep 25th and i got a call frida to schedule my medical/phisical fitness. im gonna try to schedule for later this week. im still trying to get well after a recent shoulder injury, i can do about 15 pushups but im getting better every day. does anybody know what happens if you fail the fitness? do they let you re-take the test? and how long do they give you to complete the re-test?

Comment

• bump back up..i'm interested in reading a reply to the BI question

Comment

• Originally posted by mfh83 View Post
                  Hey guys,

Just got a call from an investigator who wants to meet with me regarding my application. Finished the medical here about a week or so ago. Still haven't been drug tested, but I imagine it's coming any day now (not worried).

The investigator was a little odd though, she wanted to have a 4-5hr meeting with me at work, when my boss said no, she said she'd need to reserve a room at a local library or something similar. This surprises me for two reasons, one: What can we possibly be doing for 4-5hrs? Two: Why doesn't she have some sort of official office we can have this meeting at?

What are some of you all's experiences with the investigator meeting?

Also, another question, are polygraphs standard for BPA applicants? I just finished a polygraph for a local police department, I passed it, but still it was an unpleasant experience I'd rather not repeat if given the choice.
                  Four to five hours is excessive. All of mine have been under 2, I believe. But maybe she is exagerating the length of the interview just so you make certain you have enough time to complete it?

She likely doesn't have an office. Most investigators are contractors, and I get the feeling most work out of their homes. I've met at a food court of the local PX, the local library, etc. So she's not out of line there. I would think meeting at your workplace, for an investigation that ultimately would mean you leave that job, is approaching inappropriate. Yes, she has to talk to your employer anyway, so maybe she was trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Expect to go over everything on the SF-86, line by line. You'll have a chance to explain anything that you answered "yes" to on the questionaire.

Polys for BP are very new. Not everyone takes one. I only know what I've read on the other forum. Seems like passing the poly gets you an interim clearance, so you can get to the academy sooner and be in training why your "real" clearance is completed. Failing the poly may mean that you just have to go through the traditional wait of clearing your background before being hired.

However, there are some reports on that forum of folks being issued NOPAs based on failing the poly. These NOPAs were severe enough that the ajudicator recommended the applicant withdraw because the applicant wouldn't overcome it. I have a suspicion that the NOPAs were just as much for admissions made during the poly as they were for deception detected. Just a hunch.

People are usually asked to take the poly shortly after passing the OB (since it seems to be about speeding up the hiring process). Since you are far enough along that you are about to meet with an investigator, I suspect you won't have a poly. I could be wrong, though.
                  Last edited by Tirofijo; 09-30-2008, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• Double post.

Comment

• Originally posted by quannj View Post
                      if by the graces i get the call from you guys thats already have gotten the call..HOW LONG ARE THEY GIVING YOU TO REPORT??

i'm thinking 21 - 30 days but my gut is telling me something else
                      Lots of anecdotal stories on the forum at Honorfirst.com. Seems like closer to two week than 30 days. It's not much time. Once you get to TSU it is time to get your affairs in order.

Comment

• Originally posted by raidersjoe View Post
                        does anybody know what happens if you fail the fitness? do they let you re-take the test? and how long do they give you to complete the re-test?
                        If you fail the fitness test, your tentative offer will be removed and your account inactivated, i.e. CASS will not work.

If you want to re-take the test, you will need to reactivate your account. I am not 100% sure if you will need to reapply and resubmit all of those forms.

As for how long they give you to re-test, your written exam score is good for three years.

When I reactivate, I will post an update.
                        BPA Status
                        TSU: 04/24/09
                        EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                        Resigned: 10/28/09
                        Reapplied: 07/29/11
                        NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                        TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                        PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                        Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                        Applied: 06/24/11
                        Written: 07/21/11
                        NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• Originally posted by raidersjoe View Post
                          You need to report your injury to MHC if you haven't already. If you don't, you could be DQed upon entry to Artesia. Failing the fit test usually means waiting around a year until you can reapply. So you can either have your injury set you back as long as it takes to heal up and then take the fit test, or you can wait a whole year to re-do just about everything because you weren't up to spec.

I injured my arm fairly seriously after taking the fit test already once. I asked around what my best course of action was, and the consensus was that not reporting it to the medical unit could possibly mean DQ. I reported my injury to them, in which case they asked for doctors and physical therapists note of authorization to re do the fit test (which I obviously couldn't get until I healed up). I'm still waiting to get rescheduled to do the fit test again. Just know that any injury isn't a show stopper. You are still eligble for work upon displaying that the injury doesn't hinder your ability to perform the duties of a BPA. Still, this isn't something you want to roll the dice with.
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tirofijo View Post
                            Lots of anecdotal stories on the forum at Honorfirst.com. Seems like closer to two week than 30 days. It's not much time. Once you get to TSU it is time to get your affairs in order.

whats TSU?

Comment

• i dug around honorfirst..Training and Scheduling Unit...

Comment

• Just checked CASS and I'm all "Completed" except my BI.....Patiently waiting!
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                DEA Diversion Investigator

Interview&Written Test 2/22/10
                                Medical
                                BI

US Park Police
                                Application Submitted
                                NOR- 78

Border Patrol
                                Written Test- 93%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6300 users online. 338 members and 5962 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X