300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
    Depends on if the bi investigator wants to poly you or not ?
    I don't believe it is the background investigators call on whether they give you a poly or not. That would be internal affiars call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miajr84 View Post
      Depends on if the bi investigator wants to poly you or not ?
      The BI has nothing to do with the poly. BI's are almost all contractors working for private companies. They are nothing more than fact collectors.

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I received the "call " today and was offered Ajo or Casa Grande AZ. I know there is info on the thread which I will search but in the mean time can someone offer an opinion on each location. Is one better than the other? I know there in the Tuscon sector and according to the woman I spoke with Tuscon is within 60 miles of the station. Also if anyone can offer some info on the city of Tuscon itself that would also be helpful. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by lh225 View Post
          Hello everyone,

I received the "call " today and was offered Ajo or Casa Grande AZ. I know there is info on the thread which I will search but in the mean time can someone offer an opinion on each location. Is one better than the other? I know there in the Tuscon sector and according to the woman I spoke with Tuscon is within 60 miles of the station. Also if anyone can offer some info on the city of Tuscon itself that would also be helpful. Thanks

Ajo is one of, if not the most, isolated, remote BP stations. Casa Grande is only about 30 miles outside of Phoenix, IIRC, and is one of the most sought after AZ stations. I recently did a six week stint in Nogales, AZ which is about a hour from Tucson. It's ok but I think you"ll pay more to live there when there are many other places in the region to live.....but that's just common sense stuff. Both stations are quite exciting, from what I'm always hearing. I think CG is the clear choice here, and I think you lucked out by getting it offered. Congrats!

Comment

• Congrats!!! Weren't you just put into TSU yesterday??? What is your time line?
            BPA
            Test 8/31/10 score: 92
            TO 9/15/10 CA pref.
            OB 11/09/10
            Med/PFT1 3/10/11
            LASIK 05/19/11
            Security Office 06/28/11
            BI Meeting: 07/27/11
            Med cleared 08/30/11
            Drug Test-09/08/11
            Tentatively met requirements-12/07/11
            TSU---12/12/11

Cert. Date--09/03/2010

Call-06/15/2012- Calexico, CA
            Class 1006

Comment

Hello everyone,

Forget about living in tucson. Way to far for both of those stations unless you take Casa G and live in the upper western part of Tucson. But the question then is, why would you want to do that? Call the MHC up right now and Take Casa Grande ASAP.
              You would have to be out of your mind to take ***hole instead of CG. Why would you want to commute three hours a day? I don't have enough time to give you all the pros and Cons but trust me partner. TAKE CASA GRANDE. Chandler is a outer suburb of Phoenix with (now) dirt cheap real estate and a decent coommute to CG station. Plus it is not a bad place to live. Nice little community for AZ and stuff to do, which is rare in that state. Go see ball games on your off days and drink it up at the bars in tempe with all the coeds from ASU. Trust me. Do yourself a favor and make the call right now. I am not kidding you.
              Last edited by SHU; 04-22-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Yes, Take Casa Grande. Do not take Ajo

Comment

• If you take Ajo over Casa Grande then there is something seriously wrong with you. Just saying.

Seriously, the only thing I can think of that is significantly better than Ajo than in Casa Grande is the station management, but that stuff changes. Living in a **** hole or driving an hour and a half one way from the nearest decent city does not. Congratulations either way.
                  Last edited by Cyber_Saint; 04-22-2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• from the research i've done on those locations i have to concur that CG is much better. If i am offered only Ajo, I will have to turn it down. currently in a good LEO job with 3 kids so Ajo wouldn't be worth the transition for me. according to the BP spouse forums, you have to commute 2 hours just to get a decent grocery store and doctors. if i were a single guy i'd be all over it but with 3 active kids...no friggin way.
                    BPA
                    Applied: 12/15/10
                    Written Test: (101) 1/15/11
                    TSL1: 4/1/11
                    TSL2/EQIP: 5/5/11
                    PFT1/Medical: 5/11/11
                    Oral Board: 5/24/11
                    BI Interview: 6/20/11
                    Drug Test: 8/2/11
                    TSU: 8/9/11
                    The Call: 8/11/11
                    (Tucson Station)
                    EOD: 9/5/11

Comment

• I cant speak for BP conditions in Ajo or Casa Grande, but as far as general living and working conditions, CG is the better location. Ajo is very remote mining community, on the edge of the T-O Reservation. It is expensive to live in and getting services that you find in larger cities is very hard. The AZ dessert in that area is, IMO, the worst area of AZ you will find... both in temperature and in terrain.

CG is practically a suburb of the Phoenix area now with plenty of shopping and housing available and bubble busted prices. Both Phoenix and Tucson are about two hours away giving you access to all that they offer with little hassle other than I-10 traffic, which can be really bad especially eastbound.

I turned down a offer with NPS simply based on the location in Ajo. It was the type of position I have been wanting, nearer to my home but just awful working conditions having to work Lukeville and live in Ajo.

Comment

• Finally got the email to update e-qip. Hopefully my BI will get initiated soon. Anyone know the timeframe for a BI??? just an estimate, thanks

U.S. Border Patrol
                        EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

Hello everyone,

Wow, you were only in TSU for a day or so and no poly!!

Bueno, good luck and stay safe....

Comment

Hello everyone,

Woohoo! Congrats

Think twice about CAG if you hate to drive. You can just look at it on a map and see that you've got up to four hours of driving per day while on shift to get to the line and back... Then there's your own personal commute if you choose to live in Chandler, etc. If you have a lead foot and are prone to falling asleep while driving, its something to consider.

All that being said, I"d take CAG in a heart beat.
                            FBI CI 1811:
                            June 2007: Applied
                            July 2007: Phase I
                            October 2010: Phase II
                            March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
                            April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

Comment

• Does anyone know what the "codes" are on the financial disclosure report part of the BI (CBP Form 258)? There is a spot for them at every listing, Annual Income, Bank Accounts, etc. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Well, I received a letter stating that during my Poly, some past drug use (Marijuana) had come to their attention and if I wanted to still be considered, I need to write a NOPA. I definitely plan on writing it. The drug use was 12 years ago (1999) and it was short-lived (thankfully). I probably did it like 5-6 times during a span of about a month. I was 14-15 at the time (which probably makes it worse)

However, after that, I've never touched the stuff again (or any other drug for that matter) and the only reason I brought it up during the Poly was because the EQIP only asked for 7 years back (If I'm not mistaken).

Anyone here beaten a NOPA? Anyone want to tell me the chances I have, based on what I just said.

Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5933 users online. 318 members and 5615 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X