300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob checking in.
    CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• Another noob arriving on the scene to see what's up. Been browsing the board recently, glad to see some movement the last few weeks. Hopefully things move along now.

Thanks for everybody's updates here.
      BPA
      Exam: 9/24/10
      NOR: 9/28/10
      TSL: 10/28/10
      OB: 11/28/10
      PFT1: 3/31/11

Comment

• Long time watcher, first time poster. As of right now, I'm waiting to hear from my background investigator...but from the sounds of things, it's looking like I still have a long wait ahead of me.

I too just received an e-mail (titled RESPONSE REQUIRED -BI forms follow-up...) yesterday basically stating much of the e-QIP needs to be re-submitted electronically. I assume it's just another step to thin out the applicants.

Good luck everyone
        Last edited by A_Gillespie; 04-09-2011, 01:04 PM.
        Border Patrol Agent (Southwest Border)
        Applied: 7/15/10
        Exam: 8/20/10
        Exam Results: 8/25/10 (92)
        TSL 1: 9/10/10
        TSL 2/E-QIP: 10/18/10
        Oral Board: 10/19/10 (Passed)
        Medical/PFT1: 10/20/10
        Drug Test: 3/16/11 (Passed)
        Background Investigation Forms Follow-up: 4/10/11
        Background Investigation Interview: 6/10/11
        The Call: 7/27/2011 (EOD 8/22/2011, Yuma, AZ)
        TSU: 7/29/2011

PFT II: 8/11/2001 (Failed Due to High Blood Pressue)
        The Call (2nd): 9/1/2011 (EOD 9/22/2011, Casa Grande, AZ)

Comment

• Yet another noob checking in. I'll be getting out the Army in about 9 months and have been contemplating applying for BPA. I see they are on hold for new applicants currently though. One question I have, and I've searched and found no answer on here, is about the BI. I know for some that can take a while but what about if you have an active security clearance? Anyone have experience in this situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by ggr12 View Post
            Yet another noob checking in. I'll be getting out the Army in about 9 months and have been contemplating applying for BPA. I see they are on hold for new applicants currently though. One question I have, and I've searched and found no answer on here, is about the BI. I know for some that can take a while but what about if you have an active security clearance? Anyone have experience in this situation?
            Hi ggr12,

I've not personally gone through the scenario you mentioned, but I have heard that an active clearance (irrelevant of which level clearance) does not expedite the background investigation. Though I may be mistaken as the source I heard it from had nothing to do with the hiring authority.

Best of luck to you in the process!
            I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***....
            And I'm all outta bubble gum!

Comment

• I'm glad the budget went through. I'd hate to see everyone get dicked over.

Comment

• Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
                I'm glad the budget went through. I'd hate to see everyone get dicked over.
                how that the buget has went through do you think us applicants will get in the academy any sooner!!

Comment

• ''''''''''''''''''''
                  Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• Question to the BPAs... I just got accepted into the National Park Service Law Enforcement Training Program. After I complete the academy I'm gonna submit for as many parks along the border (like Coronado National Forest for example) as I can. Just wondering what relationship the relationship between NPS and BP is like and from your experience, what kind of border related activities have you seen NPS perform? Of course if you wanna do border work you should join USBP but this might serve as a good way to productively fill my time between now and then.

Comment

• If I were you, I'd accept the position. I personally know two BPAs who would trade with you in a heartbeat.

Here we have a good relationship with the NPS-Ps and the BLM people. I've heard good things about them from my friends in Arizona as well.

Good luck and stay safe.

Comment

• '''''''''''''''''''''
                        Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Acronym assistance:

TSU?
                          E-QIP?

thanks

What's the general wait time when clinic sends in your medical PFT1 paperwork to the HC and any follow ups or additional paperwork needed to complete this step?
                          BPA
                          Exam: 9/24/10
                          NOR: 9/28/10
                          TSL: 10/28/10
                          OB: 11/28/10
                          PFT1: 3/31/11

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                            I work within a national forest and I have never seen any of the NPS officers engage in any kind of enforcement. I ran into a few of them one night a few years ago and they did not even know how close they were to the border. That is no knock on them but it shows how enforcement of border related crime is not on their list of priorities in my area. We do have one ahole from the BLM come down to the border once in a while and complain to us that we are running over scrub brush on BLM land but when the sun goes down he disappears. But with that being said, I'm sure some PAs would jump at the chance to work for the NPS just to have a chance to one day get closer to home. I know they do enforcement in Northern California and the training is probably good. Their LE positions are often pretty hard to get and often go to people with prior LE experience. But if they accepted you into their training program you should seriously consider it. Best of luck with it.
                            You never met the blonde that would call a 10-10 every time she pulled over a load on Kitchen?

http://newsandtribune.com/clarkcount...rested-for-OWI
                            Last edited by madchiken; 04-12-2011, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Taking the drug test on Thursday

Comment

• Hello all new guy here these threads have been a great help during my waiting game lol. Two questions on CASS my qualifications have been checked but my pre-employment forms still says pending. Is this normal in the process I have read earlier someone having a similar situation. Also does the E-QIP come in a seperate email after your TO or is that sent with your TO? Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14621 users online. 463 members and 14158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X