Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the deal with the Veteran Recruitment Appt paperwork? I got it by email, it says it will expedite the process. People on the honor first forums are saying it basically puts you straight in TSU and if your BI comes back negative you are sent packing. This seems too good to be true. Anyone else get this email? Anyone know exactly what will happen?

Comment

• What is your timeline?
      BPA -
      Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
      TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• A bunch of vets seem to be getting the VRA letter. NOR early Oct, TSL Nov, OB a month ago. Thats all I did so far, lol. Im a disabled combat vet if that means anything for the VRA thing. I cant get through to the hiring center to find out more info.

Comment

• Dear Applicant

Further review of your Border Patrol Agent (BPA) application shows that you are eligible to be hired under a special appointing authority. You are eligible for an excepted service Veterans’ Recruitment Appointment. If you choose to be hired under this special appointing authority, we can expedite your pre-employment processing. For more information on this hiring authority, please see the Vet Guide found at http://www.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Ve...#VRA-Authority

We will expedite your processing under the applicable special appointing authority unless you contact us by April 1, 2011 by email or phone at (612) 727-7135, to decline the expedited processing. If your processing is expedited, you will be contacted for scheduling within the next 30 days. If you decline the expedited processing, you will remain in the selection process based on your original date of referral and adjudicated veterans preference.

If you are choosing to be hired under the VRA authority please sign and return the attached form via facsimile to (612) 727-2295 or 2296.

Thank you for your continued interest in employment with U. S. Customs and Border Protection.

Border Patrol Entry Level Staffing

Minneapolis Hiring Center

Comment

• Will someone on the friggin forum tell me how the heck they were notified that their BI was complete..I really want to hear from everyone, but more especially those that did not do a poly!!

Comment

• I finally got called by the company doing my background investigation. They said within two weeks I'll be contacted by an investigator.

Comment

• I have a question! Okay my buddy just called me today and said that he received a call for his medical. He hasn't gone through the panel yet. He was in the military though. So did he get veterans preference? See I had to go through the panel interview and passed but still haven't heard anything for my medical (My panel was 3 weeks ago btw).

Comment

• you have to go through a panel regardless of whether you are a vet or not. He's just out of order I suppose.

Comment

• Yeah I would say the same. All the steps aren't in order from what I know. Some people will do the oral boards first and others the medical.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
                      you have to go through a panel regardless of whether you are a vet or not. He's just out of order I suppose.
                      Yeah I just found it really odd that they would go ahead and pay for his medical when he hasn't gone through the Oral Board yet. It just doesn't make sense to me I guess. I thought everyone went in order. Guess not. Interesting though to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by JT85 View Post
                        Yeah I just found it really odd that they would go ahead and pay for his medical when he hasn't gone through the Oral Board yet. It just doesn't make sense to me I guess. I thought everyone went in order. Guess not. Interesting though to say the least.
                        What order? After the written the process is different for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                          What order? After the written the process is different for everyone.
                          Well I figured there was an order to the process. I am mistaken then if that's not the case.

Comment

• This is a shot in the dark. Has anyone (who applied) heard anything from the BPA announcement last month that was for Vets only?

Comment

• I was contacted by BI. At first I thought it was an April fools prank but all my peeps started txting me that they were also contacted.

TO 9/14, East Coast

Things are at least moving.

Good luck....

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                                I was contacted by BI. At first I thought it was an April fools prank but all my peeps started txting me that they were also contacted.

TO 9/14, East Coast

Things are at least moving.

Good luck....
                                Did the call come from an unknown number? I'm on the east coast as well.
                                BPA:
                                Test: 08/2010; BI Interview: 05/2011; TSU: 07/28/2011; EOD: 8/29

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15224 users online. 516 members and 14708 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X