Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi all. I'm still waiting for the result of my polygraph test, even though the IA Agent told me he was recommending I passed, it's still nerve wrecking.

    I have a question for anyone who knows. Last year I received a ticket because the window tint on my car were too dark, I paid my ticket and took the tint paper off the window. The violation took no points of my license, but I wonder if that's still a big issue and would affect my process?
    BPA:
    Written Test: Passed (97%)
    Reactivated Feb 09
    Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
    Qualifications: Qualified GL-7
    Medical Exam: Completed
    Drug Test: Completed
    Fitness: Completed
    Oral Board: Completedhttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6315/dancing.gif
    Background Investigation: Completed


    IEA ICE
    Written Test: Passed (80% )
    Oral Interview: Passed 07/14/09
    Paperwork Sent In And No Idea When I'll Get An Answer

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JT85 View Post
      What all did they have you do in the first test? How long did it take for you to hear back from them after your panel interview?
      They had me do exactly what the website says, pushups, situps, and the step test. The step test was the most difficult, not because of my cardio but because my legs and feet were killing me by the end. I had my interview on Nov. 30.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
        I have a question for anyone who knows. Last year I received a ticket because the window tint on my car were too dark, I paid my ticket and took the tint paper off the window. The violation took no points of my license, but I wonder if that's still a big issue and would affect my process?
        I don't think they would really look down upon you for a ticket, just make sure you tell them about it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BPA2Be View Post
          Hi all. I'm still waiting for the result of my polygraph test, even though the IA Agent told me he was recommending I passed, it's still nerve wrecking.

          I have a question for anyone who knows. Last year I received a ticket because the window tint on my car were too dark, I paid my ticket and took the tint paper off the window. The violation took no points of my license, but I wonder if that's still a big issue and would affect my process?

          hey Bro. when you completed your backgorund how wereyou notified other then cass system update?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tacscuba View Post
            They had me do exactly what the website says, pushups, situps, and the step test. The step test was the most difficult, not because of my cardio but because my legs and feet were killing me by the end. I had my interview on Nov. 30.
            Okay. So how many steps did you have to do and how should I prep for that?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JT85 View Post
              Okay. So how many steps did you have to do and how should I prep for that?
              http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/c...s/increase.xml

              Comment


              • Does anyone knows how long does the background investigations takes to be complete? I got my BI interview on 1/19/11 and I havent heard anything yet. This is the last step of my application and I was wondering how long it was going to take.

                Comment


                • Credit pulled on 3/8. Still patiently waiting for BI contact.
                  BPA - SW
                  App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

                  Comment


                  • if you can walk you should pass. its a joke

                    Comment


                    • Got the call yesterday for my drug test, gave urine sample today. I was suprised to get that call so quickly. Anybody else get that call?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                        Got the call yesterday for my drug test, gave urine sample today. I was suprised to get that call so quickly. Anybody else get that call?
                        Hey BF,

                        how long did you have to wait before you were notified of your physical/fitness results?? and was by cass only or through email?? thanks, been waiting a week now and still nothing.


                        U.S. Border Patrol
                        EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX



                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Allistar View Post
                          Hey BF,

                          how long did you have to wait before you were notified of your physical/fitness results?? and was by cass only or through email?? thanks, been waiting a week now and still nothing.
                          I have not gotten my official notification. I was simply told by the test administrators that I passed. After being asked to take the drug test I'm sure there are no issues, but I'm still waiting for the official word.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RTR
                            Does anyone know if the Border Patrol Agent position ever comes open for Florida or MS? Thanks

                            no, there wont ever be an entry level opening announcement for the gulf coast. If you get the job you have to assume you'll be offered something in the Tucson or Rio Grand Valley sectors. Also, be prepared to stay there. When you go to recruiting events they will tell you that you can transfer out to some place nice like San Diego after 2 or 3 years. It's true, it says that on paper, but you will be the last choice for some place legit place till about 8 years in. The best options are to pick up supervisor or lead intel agent in another station/sector.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                              Got the call yesterday for my drug test, gave urine sample today. I was suprised to get that call so quickly. Anybody else get that call?
                              I did my drug test yesterday as well. My medical/pft1 was back in November but didn't clear until about 2 weeks ago (I had to spend a lot of time and money convincing them I no longer had sleep apnea).

                              Comment


                              • How do they send you medical waivers? I passed my medical and pft1 (3-9-11) but had LASIK in September and expect to get a medical waiver is it sent in the mail or emailed.
                                BPA -
                                Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                                TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5266 users online. 298 members and 4968 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X