Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SHU View Post
    Lighten up Francis.
    jo

    Comment


    • Lighten up Francis.
      LMAO


      "If any of you homos touch me I'll Kill ya"
      MDRDEP:

      There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
        I fail to see what's moronic about it. Just paraphrasing a comment made by a BPA in regards to waiting for the call.
        Really? You cannot see what's "moronic" about your comments? Wow, you are a complete moron indeed. Sorry to be offensive without even knowing you dude but you pretty much offended me first. It is true that I pledged allegiance to this country that I truly love, but I can't deny loving my background and the country where I was born aswell. If you are looking for a job in an agency that doesn't have any respect and compassion for other people, from whatever background, then the Border Patrol is not for you. I am a strong believer in immigration, the legal one that is, and I do not excuse people trying to cross illegally. If your trying to be funny with those comments just remember how many people have died trying to cross that river. They deserve some respect.
        "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

        BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
        Written Test: 10/04/10
        NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 11/17/10
        OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
        Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
        TSL 2: 04/29/11.
        e-QIP: 05/08/11
        BI Interview: 07/26/11
        Drug test: 08/05/11
        Polygraph: 02/08/2012
        CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
        Written Test: 12/09/10
        NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 06/14/11
        PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
        VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

        Comment


        • Nowhere in my comment did I mention or wish any harm upon anyone. I believe firmly in legal immigration as it is the bedrock of our country's founding, I do not wish any harm upon an illegal immigrant. As a fellow human being they are entitled to a prosperous life. I do not feel everyone is entitled to US citizenship however. I'm a full-time firefighter and I have treated people of all kinds of ethnicities and backgrounds including many probable illegals. My ability to show compassion is not a question in my mind. I wouldn't do what I do if I was not compassionate. I wouldn't aspire to be a part of the Border Patrol or aspire to be a member of their search and rescue team if I was so insensitive as you seem to think. I will very gladly offer medical aid, a bottle of water, or anything they require to live but end of the day I would have no issue arresting them so they can go back. It is my job as a human and as an EMT to keep them from dying, but it is not my job to feel sympathetic for them violating my country's laws in the search of a better life. Back to my comments that are in question, I apologize if I offended you. Not my intention. However making a comment about people crossing a river does not make me a moron, its something one can expect to see on the job and I was merely referring to someone dreaming of being on the job while they agonize over when the call will come in.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
            Nowhere in my comment did I mention or wish any harm upon anyone. I believe firmly in legal immigration as it is the bedrock of our country's founding, I do not wish any harm upon an illegal immigrant. As a fellow human being they are entitled to a prosperous life. I do not feel everyone is entitled to US citizenship however. I'm a full-time firefighter and I have treated people of all kinds of ethnicities and backgrounds including many probable illegals. My ability to show compassion is not a question in my mind. I wouldn't do what I do if I was not compassionate. I wouldn't aspire to be a part of the Border Patrol or aspire to be a member of their search and rescue team if I was so insensitive as you seem to think. I will very gladly offer medical aid, a bottle of water, or anything they require to live but end of the day I would have no issue arresting them so they can go back. It is my job as a human and as an EMT to keep them from dying, but it is not my job to feel sympathetic for them violating my country's laws in the search of a better life. Back to my comments that are in question, I apologize if I offended you. Not my intention. However making a comment about people crossing a river does not make me a moron, its something one can expect to see on the job and I was merely referring to someone dreaming of being on the job while they agonize over when the call will come in.
            I dont post here too often if at all but you didnt say anything moronic, stupid, offensive, etc. You just were not PC. Those that are not in public service have a lot to learn. If your offended by a generalization, comment, poor shot at a joke, do us all a favor and get over yourself.
            Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

            Comment


            • My background expired. Anyone know about how long it takes for a BI update? I was in Iraq for most of the year so it should be pretty easy.
              BP
              Test- 9/18/08 (El Paso)
              NOR- 9/18/08 (98 no vet)
              PUT ON HOLD B/C OF MILITARY
              Reactivated- 7/8/09 (103 w/vet)
              Fitness/physical- July 2009 (passed)
              Drug test- August 2009 (passed)
              Oral board - October 2009 (passed)
              Stop-lossed and deployed to Iraq
              BI- February 2010 (passed)
              Switched application from northern border to southern border- September 2010
              TSU- Dec 2, 2010

              Comment


              • Originally posted by pepe View Post
                Really? You cannot see what's "moronic" about your comments? Wow, you are a complete moron indeed. Sorry to be offensive without even knowing you dude but you pretty much offended me first. It is true that I pledged allegiance to this country that I truly love, but I can't deny loving my background and the country where I was born aswell. If you are looking for a job in an agency that doesn't have any respect and compassion for other people, from whatever background, then the Border Patrol is not for you. I am a strong believer in immigration, the legal one that is, and I do not excuse people trying to cross illegally. If your trying to be funny with those comments just remember how many people have died trying to cross that river. They deserve some respect.
                No, the ones that deserve respect are Agent Epling, Agent Wilson, Agent Attaway, and any other LEOs that died in the river or on its banks.

                The rest were breaking the law when they died. They get as much respect as any other criminal that died while committing a crime.

                Comment


                • Anyone have details as to an updated C course?! Or, is the one used this year the same as the previous? Thanks...

                  Comment


                  • ..................
                    Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 01:57 AM.

                    Comment


                    • post deleted
                      Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 07:03 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SHU View Post
                        Don't join the Patrol if you don't like that type of humor. The people on the job are as anti PC as you can get.
                        You think I'm joining the patrol for their sense of humor? If that was the case I'd be applying at Disney World. I'm trying to join a respected agency and forge a career. I didn't know that one of the requisites to become an agent included a bigot sense of humor.
                        "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

                        BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                        Written Test: 10/04/10
                        NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                        TSL 1: 11/17/10
                        OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                        Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                        TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                        e-QIP: 05/08/11
                        BI Interview: 07/26/11
                        Drug test: 08/05/11
                        Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                        CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                        Written Test: 12/09/10
                        NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                        TSL 1: 06/14/11
                        PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                        VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by pepe View Post
                          You think I'm joining the patrol for their sense of humor? If that was the case I'd be applying at Disney World. I'm trying to join a respected agency and forge a career. I didn't know that one of the requisites to become an agent included a bigot sense of humor.
                          I think you're in for a rude awakening. I doubt there will be many agents who share your sympathies. Also, I would like to point out that he wasn't being a bigot. Maybe you should look up the definition of bigotry - because it definitely does not fit the way you're using it.

                          +1 to the comments of both cnublue18 and madchiken

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Marcus Antonius View Post
                            I think you're in for a rude awakening. I doubt there will be many agents who share your sympathies. Also, I would like to point out that he wasn't being a bigot. Maybe you should look up the definition of bigotry - because it definitely does not fit the way you're using it.

                            +1 to the comments of both cnublue18 and madchiken
                            I'm sorry general... but you won't find a Julius Caesar in me. By the way, I know what bigotry means, do you?
                            Last edited by pepe; 03-16-2011, 05:49 AM.
                            "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

                            BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                            Written Test: 10/04/10
                            NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                            TSL 1: 11/17/10
                            OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                            Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                            TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                            e-QIP: 05/08/11
                            BI Interview: 07/26/11
                            Drug test: 08/05/11
                            Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                            CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                            Written Test: 12/09/10
                            NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                            TSL 1: 06/14/11
                            PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                            VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pepe View Post
                              I'm sorry general... but you won't find in my a Julius Caesar in me. By the way, I know what bigotry means, do you?
                              I hope that I never find anyone in you; because that would be awkward. However, it would be nice if I could find a grammatically coherent sentence in your post.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by pepe View Post
                                You think I'm joining the patrol for their sense of humor? If that was the case I'd be applying at Disney World. I'm trying to join a respected agency and forge a career. I didn't know that one of the requisites to become an agent included a bigot sense of humor.
                                I'm going to explain some things to you here that are going to be lessons better learned here and now from me rather than later from someone else. If this offends you or makes me a "bigot" then so be it. It's for your own good. It is one thing to get snippy with one of your fellow applicants on here. I'd prefer you didn't because all of us are in this together and are working towards the same goal. We're technically all equals at this point. This board's purpose is to help each other accomplish our goals. Consider it the first phase of the brotherhood of the Border Patrol. The guys who have experience in the process help the newer applicants with advice. Kind of a little brother/big brother thing. And the agents who take time out of their lives to provide wisdom are not on the same scale, as far as we (those of us who REALLY WANT this job and it's everything we want and dream and more) are concerned; from our vantage point, they are standing about shoulder to shoulder with God. So it is an entirely different thing for you to get an attitude with one of them on here. That bullsht is just not going to fly. SHU and madchiken are respected and experienced BPAs on this board and they may say whatever they wish to you if they feel it is necessary. Specifically, SHU's comment is very accurate and is a very nice way of showing you how it really is before someone shows you in a not so nice way when/if you EOD. First of all there is a hierarchy that must be adhered to. You can either know your place or someone will show you... Second, in regards to what SHU and cnublue were trying to explain to you... When you enter an emergency service career field, the general rules of society go out the window and you adopt a new set. Things that once were disturbing, upsetting, depressing, etc are now the fodder of conversation and "gallows humor." You are going to see things that nobody should ever have to see, you're going to make desicions nobody wants to make, and you're going to probably experience how those decisions affect the life and death of another. It is horrible and relentless and the only way sometimes to deal with it is a little indifference and turning it into a sick and twisted humor that nobody who has never experienced it will understand. If you care too little, you become a robot. You care too much, you start impairing your judgement. You have to walk a fine line. You may not be joining the Border Patrol for their sense of humor. However, that sense of humor is what forges the bonds and is what agents, cops, firemen, EMTs, whoever uses to get each other through a tough day on the job or to deal with their own issues. You go in there with your more holy than thou attitude and start making those same comments around the squad room and you will develop a reputation. That reputation will follow you officially and unofficially everywhere you go on the job. You do not want to be "that guy." Your peers are like sharks and when they smell blood they will come and pick at your exposed wounds until you either nut up or quit. If you can't handle a hard time with the stress of being picked on by your fellows, how can they trust you to have their back when sht hits the fan and you have to act under pressure.

                                Now I'm not an Agent but 5 years in the fire service has taught me some things that are universal to the emergency services field and I'm telling you this as a fellow applicant. I've just shared a few lessons that I've watched many learn the hard way and I've experienced a few of them myself. You want to be part of this little world, you have to come down from cloud 9 and learn to play in the mud.

                                While you're rolling in the slop don't forget to show some courtesy to the agents on this thread. Getting mouthy with them is just going to get you a bad rep in here. The "Been there, done thats" are SHU, madchiken, Solohammer, Cyber Saint, and Big Pat. There's a few others I'm sure but these are the most common. Just stay in your lane.
                                Last edited by BORSTARSDbuff; 03-16-2011, 03:09 AM. Reason: Subject/Verb Agreement Correction

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12828 users online. 314 members and 12514 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X