Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello,
    I took the exam 08/2010, medical/PT 10/2010. inteview 11/2010 and the latest step I did was drug screening 02/2011...
    My question in on CASS everything has a green checkmark and says "completed" except for Background (pending) and "Pre-employment forms" (pending) This seems odd to me that Pre-employment still says pending...is this normal?

    Next to "pending" it says, "One or more of your forms may have not been received. You will be contacted if additional documentation is required."
    Also, I mailed in everything they sent me to do but next to "Background" it says, "We have not received the background investigation documentation which is required to begin your investigation."
    Is this normal for someone at my stage or did CBP not receive something?
    I did get a email in November that said they revived the background investigation forms.
    I'm really hoping that I'm not being held up because they don't have something they need from me.
    Thanks,
    cvillebucknut
    Last edited by CvilleBucknut; 03-06-2011, 12:49 AM. Reason: new Info

    Comment


    • Process

      My CASS shows everything pending. My timeline is as follows:

      Written Test- 09/10
      TO- 01/11
      Panel- 03/11

      According to previous posts, it looks like most applicants are doing their PT1's before the panel. Is there any reason that I did the panel interview first? Also, what's the next step? The PT, drug screening, etc..?? Thanks in advance.

      Comment


      • Yes thats normal. That just means some of you background investigation paperwork expired including you eqip. They'll mail you the papers that need updating along with a checklist.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
          Yes thats normal. That just means some of you background investigation paperwork expired including you eqip. They'll mail you the papers that need updating along with a checklist.
          Well that's good to hear! I was getting worried thinking I messed up. Thanks for the info.

          Comment


          • Actually you might get an E-mail that you have to respond to. Someone over at the Honor-first Site posted they receieved an email where they had to reply to. I didn't recieve one but thats probably right when I saw my forms went to pending I emailed them. So check your inbox and spam folder.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
              Actually you might get an E-mail that you have to respond to. Someone over at the Honor-first Site posted they receieved an email where they had to reply to. I didn't recieve one but thats probably right when I saw my forms went to pending I emailed them. So check your inbox and spam folder.
              Thank you, Sir for that information. I went over to HonorFirst and it does seem quite a few people have the same issue as me. Hopefully, like them, I will receive a letter soon from the hiring center telling me to update whatever needs updating. My guess is they're all backed up due to the budget issues in Congress. No money, no UPS letters. I also never received a reply from an email I sent them a while ago, maybe due to the same issue.

              On a side note, my hiring timeline is pretty much the same as yours. Hopefully we get to TSU soon!
              Last edited by CvilleBucknut; 03-09-2011, 02:58 AM. Reason: More info

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mackabo View Post
                GOT THE CALL AT 1800!!! Mary offered me Ajo, which I gladly accepted. EOD 03/30; ART 02/02-06/20. Class 967.
                Do you mean ART 04/02? As in April 2nd? And congrats on getting the call. Artesia sucks! LOL, and Ajo....you poor bastard. LOL Jk Congrats tho.
                The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

                Originally posted by Michigan
                I don't want to sound gay...

                But I'd do him.
                Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

                My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
                  Do you mean ART 04/02? As in April 2nd? And congrats on getting the call. Artesia sucks! LOL, and Ajo....you poor bastard. LOL Jk Congrats tho.
                  04/04/--06/20. My bad. Thanks!
                  CBPO
                  Written 08/08
                  TO 02/09
                  TSU 06/09
                  BI Expired 04/10
                  Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                  Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                  TSU 08/10

                  CBP BPA
                  Written 08/10
                  TO 09/10
                  TSU 11/10
                  THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                  FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

                  Comment


                  • Congrats on the call hermano. Now go kick some *** at Artesia and get out there and kill some dreams.

                    Comment


                    • Just got sent an email telling me my eqip info expired. Hopefully that is a good sign that my BI is about to begin.
                      What is Perseverance?
                      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                      BOP - BPA - ICE

                      Comment


                      • Offer VS Selection

                        Originally posted by mackabo View Post
                        04/04/--06/20. My bad. Thanks!

                        Mackabo,


                        You said that Mary offered you "Ajo". My question is, what the hell happen to the areas you selected when you initially applied? I know that we are all eager to get the job and work the job. But, is the Hiring Center really overlooking the sites we choose and giving us what they want. Don't get me wrong, "I'll take what I can get", but I would like what applied for if its still on the table. Don't be shy ladies, lets get some feedback going!!!!

                        Save the republic!!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by smiley502 View Post
                          Mackabo,


                          You said that Mary offered you "Ajo". My question is, what the hell happen to the areas you selected when you initially applied? I know that we are all eager to get the job and work the job. But, is the Hiring Center really overlooking the sites we choose and giving us what they want. Don't get me wrong, "I'll take what I can get", but I would like what applied for if its still on the table. Don't be shy ladies, lets get some feedback going!!!!

                          Save the republic!!!!!!!!

                          As far as I have heard, unless you selected Arizona (which I did ) you are not going get your geographic preference. They seem to be sending very few people to Texas or California lately.

                          btw, just got a response from MHC and my BI forms are being forwarded to the security office.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                          BOP - BPA - ICE

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by smiley502 View Post
                            Mackabo,


                            You said that Mary offered you "Ajo". My question is, what the hell happen to the areas you selected when you initially applied? I know that we are all eager to get the job and work the job. But, is the Hiring Center really overlooking the sites we choose and giving us what they want. Don't get me wrong, "I'll take what I can get", but I would like what applied for if its still on the table. Don't be shy ladies, lets get some feedback going!!!!

                            Save the republic!!!!!!!!
                            I was only offered Ajo, AZ. My geographic preference was always AZ. Some of my classmates at the HF forum also accepted offers for Ajo when their geographic preferences were in other states. I can't speculate on what the hiring center will be doing in the future, but it looks like some are getting their preferences and some are not. Some people might be apprehensive about going to Ajo, but as for me, I feel lucky to be going to one of the busiest stations in the Patrol.
                            CBPO
                            Written 08/08
                            TO 02/09
                            TSU 06/09
                            BI Expired 04/10
                            Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                            Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                            TSU 08/10

                            CBP BPA
                            Written 08/10
                            TO 09/10
                            TSU 11/10
                            THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                            FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

                            Comment


                            • Your geo pref is just a pref. You get whatever is offered pretty much. Speaking of the Background Investigation, I still think we've got a little while before being contacted by a Background Investigator.

                              MACKABO, Have you done any research on places to live after the Academy?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
                                Your geo pref is just a pref. You get whatever is offered pretty much. Speaking of the Background Investigation, I still think we've got a little while before being contacted by a Background Investigator.

                                MACKABO, Have you done any research on places to live after the Academy?
                                Yeah we probably have a while, but I am just glad to receive any correspondence at this point. I am just hoping that if I am hired, it isn't until after Oct. 13th because I am getting promoted to GL-7 step 3 on that date and I want the pay match.
                                What is Perseverance?
                                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                                BOP - BPA - ICE

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8607 users online. 171 members and 8436 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X