300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Expressing View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys, and it was only for the Northern Border, makes sense its because of the lawsuit and stupid politics. And dubb that sure would be sweet if I didn't have to take that long boring test, it's not hard, it's just long...lol. So I know all about whats going on with the U.S Marshal fiasco with the FCIP ending, with is the situation like for the Border Patrol Agents? Are the FCIP-ers getting tossed under the bus too? Is there a date for the next few Academies? Thanks again guys.
    Just curious, what northern border sector was open for one day?

Comment

• Like 8 different cities man, from Washington state, to Buffalo, NY.
      US Marshals Region 8
      Information Session Anchorage: December, 2009
      Interview, Written Test, Fingerprinting: January, 2010
      Tentative Offer: April, 2010
      Medical Examination: Cleared July, 2010.
      Background Interview: May, 2010
      Background Investigation: Adjudicated, Feb, 2011
      Fitness Test 1: Excellent, August 17th, 2010
      Drug Test: Pending
      Fitness Test 2: Superior, March, 3rd, 2011
      FLETC: March, 16th, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by JobMePlease View Post
        Just curious, what northern border sector was open for one day?
        The entire NB was open for 24 hours, just as the entire SWB was open for 24 hours.

FYI - anyone who put in for the NB, you might be waiting a long, long time. Most of the previous NB applicants switched to the SB on the advice of the MHC.

Comment

• I was wondering if anyone could help me answer a question about the medical examination. When I was in sixth and seventh grade, I had two hip surgeries. I have a screw six inch screw in each hip. I am very active, and they do not bother me. It is obvious that this is something I should mention to the doctor, but my question is whether or not they will disqualify me for my past surgeries. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezertdude6 View Post
            I got a general question that probably has been addressed but I want to ask it anyways. How easy and quickly can someone I guess rank up or promote? I have a Masters In Public Admin and would not want to spend my career driving around chasing illegals. I know the job is much more than that so please don't attack me about how diverse and challenging the job is.
            The job is much more than driving around and chasing illegals, BUT, if trying to catch aliens and dope is not something that you are interested in doing then you don't belong in the Patrol. Catching aliens and dope is the bread and butter of what we do. Even as a manager, you should be trying to catch as much as you can. I know that's what I do. If you think you are above that type of work apply elsewhere.

I get it or else I wouldn't be going through all the steps to join the fed, I was born and raised in a border city.
            What does being "born and raised in a border city" have to do with anything?

I just want to know if my education will benefit me or pay off in the long run with BP.
            It could benefit you. It might start you off at a higher paygrade. It also might help you many years down the road when you are looking to get into upper management or into a managgement detail in DC. It could help you move onto another govt. job. As far as your degree getting you immediately promoted from an Agent to a Supervisor... it isn't going to help you at all as far as that goes.

This will weigh heavy on my decision to go to academy as I am a new dad and know the shifts and OT will have my schedule to where I won't be very available for my family. Trade off. I am willing to put in my team but not sacrifice all my hard work in school. Hope I am clear and can get some good responses.
            I think you have a serious misconception about BP management. The BP runs 24/7, 365 days a year. Every shift requires supervisors. There are some supervisors that get office gigs or scam details at sector headquarters. Their numbers are very few. The rest of the Supervisors have to work the same shifts as the regular Agents. Some of the upper management who may be scheduled 8-6 are slaves to their blackberries and are on call 24/7. Before I promoted up, I could pick my days off. Not anymore. Furthermore, if I had to work a 16+ hour shift, I could just call in sick or claim it as a double shift. Not anymore. Now I don't have a choice but to come in, even if I haven't slept. The point is that promoting up doesn't guarantee you banker's hours. If you can't work long, irregular shifts then don't join the BP.

I appreciate that you have to work your way up through to be the boss, but I just want to know if it's worth it and the timelines for promotion. I also am clear about the promotions over the first 2 years. 5 to 7 to 9 etc. I was only approved as a 5(bs) but am working on that getting changed to 7.
            Thanks
            If you want to get promoted you have to work for it. Your degree is not going to mean much at all.. your job performance is everything. There are a few people that manage to promote up without spending much time in the field. Those types usually get their advancement by who they know rather than by a degree. The people that take such a career path are usually not respected by either their peers or subordinates. Don't come into this job thinking that a degree is automatically going to make you the boss and have you working banker's hours.

Comment

• Cass system

Are there any applicants who have all green checks on the cass system as of today!! and how long have you been waiting for the call?

Save the republic

Comment

• Got a call for the pee pee test next week!
                ICE IEA
                May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
                June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
                July (7/20/09) - NOR
                August (8/17/09) - TO
                September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
                October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
                March '10 - Cleared Medical
                Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

• Any Current BPA in Laredo
                  Kindly PM me, I just got notified I am going to Laredo for the Us Marshals. Would love some insight into the city, schools, safe places to live w/ a family.........whether or not I can throw a sleeping bag in your barracks for a few months Would greatly appreciate any info from any knowlegeable guys/gals. Thanks.
                  USMS Region 3
                  Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                  Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                  Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                  BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                  Medical:2/15/10
                  MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                  FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                  Drug: 6/5/10
                  Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                  Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                  Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                  Written: 12/27/10
                  NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                  To:
                  Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by JR4 View Post
                    Here you go dnj1107:
                    http://tinyurl.com/4cb7nnk
                    Search button is your best friend
                    Thanks. I am all about googling and doing my research, however nothing told me when I would be able to have access to CASS.
                    BPA:
                    BPA exam: 2/23/11
                    NOR: 3/2/11 (92)
                    TSL1: 06/03/11
                    TSL2: 06/03/11
                    Medical: 7/7/11 (Being reviewed)
                    PFT1: 7/7/11 Cleared
                    Structured Interview:7/14/11-Passed
                    BI: In the Security Office

HSI SA:
                    Applied: 06/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                      You won't have access until you get a TSL (Tentative Selection Letter).
                      Thanks. I appreciate the guidance.
                      BPA:
                      BPA exam: 2/23/11
                      NOR: 3/2/11 (92)
                      TSL1: 06/03/11
                      TSL2: 06/03/11
                      Medical: 7/7/11 (Being reviewed)
                      PFT1: 7/7/11 Cleared
                      Structured Interview:7/14/11-Passed
                      BI: In the Security Office

HSI SA:
                      Applied: 06/07/11

Comment

• Quote dnj1107:
                        "however nothing told me when I would be able to have access to CASS"
                        Read is all there....

Comment

• Thanks big pat. Living in a border city has exposed me to way more than anyone who hasn't is all I'm saying. Friends and family members work for DHS, so I know what to expect, believe it or not. I appreciate your response. You get me. I know I will have to earn anything I am given. I'm not looking to be treated differently for having a degree, but anyone who has gone to school for years does enjoy recognition. Thanks again

Comment

• Got the call today for medical/fitness for this Friday.!!!! I don't recall the budget being passed, but mhc moving forward with this is a good sign I guess. Especially since not hearing anything since my ob in novemeber!!!! Anyone recall how hard the fitness test was with the stepping???and what's the uncorrected vision? I know its been discussed before probably but this thread is on and off so I figure hey whY not!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leohopefull90 View Post
                              Got the call today for medical/fitness for this Friday.!!!! I don't recall the budget being passed, but mhc moving forward with this is a good sign I guess. Especially since not hearing anything since my ob in novemeber!!!! Anyone recall how hard the fitness test was with the stepping???and what's the uncorrected vision? I know its been discussed before probably but this thread is on and off so I figure hey whY not!
                              I got the call to schedule my medical. I would think its due to attrition. It appears they are calling those with 9/15 TSL. They will work their way down the TSL I guess.
                              BPA -
                              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                                I got the call to schedule my medical. I would think its due to attrition. It appears they are calling those with 9/15 TSL. They will work their way down the TSL I guess.
                                I recieved my call today as well! Doing my medical next Monday and my PFT 1 on Tuesday! I belive we will see things begin to pick up. Check this out from HF:

I have read a lot of comments and discussion about a BP hiring freeze. Let me assure you, there is none. Just because you have not received "the call" does not mean that others are not being called, and entering on duty.

Here is a rundown of Academy classes for the remainder of the year.

APRIL: 5 classes of 50 each will begin

MAY: 6 classes of 50

JUNE: 5 classes of 50

JULY: 4 classes of 50

AUGUST: 6 classes of 50

SEPTEMBER: 6 classes of 50

That averages to well more than 1 class eod'ing each week. This is WAY more hiring than any other federal (or local) law enforcement agency. So just BE READY.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14257 users online. 470 members and 13787 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X