Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone notice this announcment that was open just for one day, it says its an 1896 position, i found it through another site and leads to usajobs but it wont pop up on usajobs when searching for it, weird.

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/getjob.aspx?JobID=97207344

Comment

• It comes up with the other 11 open 1896 positions if you search for it.

The difference is how you answer this question:

Are you a current or former Federal civilian employee who holds or held a non-temporary appointment

In the competitive service. Competitive service is all civilian positions in the Federal Government that are not specifically excepted from the civil service laws and are not in the Senior Executive Service.

In an excepted service. Excepted service is unclassified service, unclassified Civil Service or positions outside the competitive service and the senior executive service.

, or

Eligible for reinstatement. Reinstatement eligibility allows those individuals who previously held a career or career-conditional appointment to apply for jobs in the competitive Federal service open to status applicants.

A Veteran eligible for veterans' preference. An employee's category of entitlement to preference in the Federal service based on active military service that terminated honorably or separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous military service?
      A person with non-competitive appointment eligibility?

No Yes
      Last edited by madchiken; 02-23-2011, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Just received an email to schedule my **** test.

Comment

• well I took mine two weeks ago and still hasn't cleared on CASS

Comment

• I took my BPA exam yesterday. I think I did well, but we'll wait for the results to be certain.

TheKansan-The change to LEAP wouldn't affect my decision at all. Yes it's like working for salary, but it's like working for a higher salary. I compare it to being asked would you like to get paid for overtime, or would you like a raise. I'll take the raise please. Granted this is coming from an individual that doesn't know yet just how much overtime truely comes with being a BPA.

Can anyone tell me what CASS is? I don't think I have access through that site.
            Last edited by dnj1107; 02-24-2011, 03:55 PM.
            BPA:
            BPA exam: 2/23/11
            NOR: 3/2/11 (92)
            TSL1: 06/03/11
            TSL2: 06/03/11
            Medical: 7/7/11 (Being reviewed)
            PFT1: 7/7/11 Cleared
            Structured Interview:7/14/11-Passed
            BI: In the Security Office

HSI SA:
            Applied: 06/07/11

Comment

• Here you go dnj1107:
              http://tinyurl.com/4cb7nnk
              Search button is your best friend

Comment

• Originally posted by BadMan1775 View Post
                Just received an email to schedule my **** test.
                Is your BI complete?

Comment

• Originally posted by dnj1107 View Post
                  I took my BPA exam yesterday. I think I did well, but we'll wait for the results to be certain.

TheKansan-The change to LEAP wouldn't affect my decision at all. Yes it's like working for salary, but it's like working for a higher salary. I compare it to being asked would you like to get paid for overtime, or would you like a raise. I'll take the raise please. Granted this is coming from an individual that doesn't know yet just how much overtime truely comes with being a BPA.

Can anyone tell me what CASS is? I don't think I have access through that site.
                  You won't have access until you get a TSL (Tentative Selection Letter).
                  BPA -
                  Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                  TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• I have a question, I applied for a 24 hour opening for a border patrol agent on the Northern Border on USAjobs.com, it was for in federal government transitioning assistance and veterans only, just these two programs people could apply under. They had like 8 different Northern Cities to choose from, so I applied under the Veteran program. It was a different process than the normal border patrol online application and fill outs. E-mail said I'm awaiting another E-mail for evaluation. Do I still have to take the written exam, and take the spanish course? It didn't have options for where to take a test. Does anybody know about this program? And why it was opened on the 23rd, and closed on the 23rd of this month? Thanks!
                    Last edited by Expressing; 02-24-2011, 11:59 PM.
                    US Marshals Region 8
                    Information Session Anchorage: December, 2009
                    Interview, Written Test, Fingerprinting: January, 2010
                    Tentative Offer: April, 2010
                    Medical Examination: Cleared July, 2010.
                    Background Interview: May, 2010
                    Background Investigation: Adjudicated, Feb, 2011
                    Fitness Test 1: Excellent, August 17th, 2010
                    Drug Test: Pending
                    Fitness Test 2: Superior, March, 3rd, 2011
                    FLETC: March, 16th, 2011

Comment

• I'm pretty sure you would have to take the written exam as everyone else. The spanish course is after the academy if you don't know spanish or if you do speak fluently you can opt out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Expressing View Post
                        I have a question, I applied for a 24 hour opening for a border patrol agent on the Northern Border on USAjobs.com, it was for in federal government transitioning assistance and veterans only, just these two programs people could apply under. They had like 8 different Northern Cities to choose from, so I applied under the Veteran program. It was a different process than the normal border patrol online application and fill outs. E-mail said I'm awaiting another E-mail for evaluation. Do I still have to take the written exam, and take the spanish course? It didn't have options for where to take a test. Does anybody know about this program? And why it was opened on the 23rd, and closed on the 23rd of this month? Thanks!
                        It was likely in response to the FCIP lawsuits and Obummer's EO concerning the FCIP. My opinion is they found that if they open a one day announcement for the SB and NB, open only to pref eligible applicants, they wouldn't have to s-can everyone already in the pipeline. You would go through the same hiring process and training as everyone else.

Comment

• I for one do not put nothing passed the GOV!! We all know they can do (ALMOST) whatever they want! Regarding the latest announcement for BP and CBP; I do know some years ago (early) 2000's CBP hired vets by basically taking their DD-214, and some vet docs, evaluated them, then hired them. Taking a test is just merely a tool for HR. They don't have to administered a test if they don't want to. There are tons of FLEO agencies out there that do not test.

Comment

• Quick Question

anyone have or heard of any dates for the when the academy may start? Is it common to do the random drug test before they tell you your background investigation is complete?

Comment

• Thanks for the responses guys, and it was only for the Northern Border, makes sense its because of the lawsuit and stupid politics. And dubb that sure would be sweet if I didn't have to take that long boring test, it's not hard, it's just long...lol. So I know all about whats going on with the U.S Marshal fiasco with the FCIP ending, with is the situation like for the Border Patrol Agents? Are the FCIP-ers getting tossed under the bus too? Is there a date for the next few Academies? Thanks again guys.
                              US Marshals Region 8
                              Information Session Anchorage: December, 2009
                              Interview, Written Test, Fingerprinting: January, 2010
                              Tentative Offer: April, 2010
                              Medical Examination: Cleared July, 2010.
                              Background Interview: May, 2010
                              Background Investigation: Adjudicated, Feb, 2011
                              Fitness Test 1: Excellent, August 17th, 2010
                              Drug Test: Pending
                              Fitness Test 2: Superior, March, 3rd, 2011
                              FLETC: March, 16th, 2011

Comment

• Everyone in the process for CBP will be kept according to MHC and the email they sent out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10816 users online. 374 members and 10442 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X