Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting, I never got one of these emails about the FCIP. Hope thats not a bad sign.

Comment

• The new announcement is what they came up with so the rest of you didn't have to reapply. Legally, they had to open the hiring for anyone that has hiring pref.

Don't be surprised if there is another lawsuit from Mr. Dean in the next few days/weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post

Don't be surprised if there is another lawsuit from Mr. Dean in the next few days/weeks.
        Another lawsuit even though the opening coming up is for Vets and Feds?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
          If the system will let you apply and you meet the conditions then I do not see why you should not give it a try. It might help you along a little quicker but I honestly do not know. I'd say if you have not progressed very far in the job process at this point, you might want to give it a go. Good Luck
          Does that mean Feds and Vets will get "the call" before other non-VET or non-FED for this or past announcements. Or is this just how it is going to be handled in the future?
          BPA -
          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• UPdates needed and Questions

What happen to all these dudes on here... and saying check in honorfirst; that they were going to the academy in February. I know I saw statements like that being made!! Anyone heard any new news
            on the Federal budget?

Was anyone on here offered SW Texas and New Mexico? Does it seem like everyone is going to Arizona or attentions being given to Arizona?

Save the Republic!!!

Comment

• From what I just read it looks like they will pass another CR but that will not be determined until the Senate comes back on 2/28.
              BPA -
              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED

Comment

• Looks like its mostly Arizona. Yes if you still check Honorfirst MSG boards there are people still getting calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
                  Looks like its mostly Arizona. Yes if you still check Honorfirst MSG boards there are people still getting calls.
                  If they honestly got calls like the guys on here why aren't the so-called dates on honorfirst, you know that section with the class/dates updated?

Comment

• PPD668: Not in California. You have to go to a Calif certified academy

Comment

• So you're saying since Ray (owner of HF) hasn't updated the class list on his site that no one is really getting the call. If you honestly believe that I don't know what to say.
                      Last edited by Grxmites; 02-20-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Last week a poster on HF said they talked to Mary from MHC and she said that calls were going out but people were declining AZ or failing PFT2.

Maybe applicants should send their Representatives in Congress and the Senate a email about how you feel on how they are handling the current budget. They are truly dropping the ball and they are most likely going to extend again until the end of the March. They haven't attempted to resolve the budget in months and neither side can win, so they have to come to a compromise. They are accomplishing as much as average job Republican and Democrat would if they debated the budget on the street.
                        BPA -

Comment

• Quick question for some of the other applicants here. If the proposed switch from AUO and FLSA over to LEAP goes through, will that effect your decision to join Border Patrol? Basically it would mean you will be working for salary and not paid for any overtime aside from the first 10 hours, in which you would receive straight time.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• I didn't think that was passed but the President's proposal for reducing waste in 2012 but I would say it won't effect my decision. As a LEO I haven't had a raise in 4 years and make under 40 k and will start at BP at 50K (GL-9) without added LEAP or AUO. If a few thousand dollars are a difference between you taking and not then that person MAY BE in it for the check. Don't get me wrong money is important but starting pay is excemptional for LE. LEO start around 32K where I'm located without any overtime, you have to cut your extra hours. Some weeks I work everyday between schedule and court without the benefit of overtime.

I don't think it is right to take away what Agents have already been awarded and have come to expect as income. They should be "Grandfathered" as far as I'm concerned. I can understand new agents coming they can either accept it or decline the position.

Would they still pay night differntial pay or would that go away as well. Basically BASE + LEAP and nothing else
                            Last edited by Ranger175; 02-21-2011, 12:21 PM. Reason: info
                            BPA -

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                              Last week a poster on HF said they talked to Mary from MHC and she said that calls were going out but people were declining AZ or failing PFT2.

Maybe applicants should send their Representatives in Congress and the Senate a email about how you feel on how they are handling the current budget. They are truly dropping the ball and they are most likely going to extend again until the end of the March. They haven't attempted to resolve the budget in months and neither side can win, so they have to come to a compromise. They are accomplishing as much as average job Republican and Democrat would if they debated the budget on the street.
                              Is Arizona, really hostile to the point that applicants would decline, you know like small version of Iraq? For the applicants that fail the PFT2 is that it are they finished or what? and isn't the PFT2 suppose to be administered 30 days before going to the academy, shouldn't that give people the bare minimum time to work out if the been slacking.

Stay in shape People!!! and Motivated!!!

Save the Republic

Comment

• I think some think they will get the sector they asked for like CA but get offered AZ instead. I don't know if they fear the possible cartel violence, LE is a dangerous profession and from what I have seen from article and shows on BP you have a greater chance of meeting those armored with ARs and willing to use them.

People shouldn't fail a PFT, if you are falling short of passing the PFT2 then personally I don't want you with me. I can smoke a PT test and I do that so I can do my job effectively and I tell those I work with me that are not in shape that they are risking their life and mine by their decision. Running after some one and then have to fight someone is exhausting the advantage goes to those who are in shape.

RLTW!
                                BPA -

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7947 users online. 205 members and 7742 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X