Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, I got a voicemail from someone with the US Dept. of Treasury, and he said that he was conducting part of my background.

I'm just curious why the Treasury Dept. is doing this?

Hopefully, I don't owe them any money...
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      Today, I got a voicemail from someone with the US Dept. of Treasury, and he said that he was conducting part of my background.

I'm just curious why the Treasury Dept. is doing this?

Hopefully, I don't owe them any money...
      I'm not sure what the deal is with that. My BI had a treasury ID, but he was from a private agency. I think they get authorization to do that so people will talk to them and it makes them more "official".
      USSCP
      Faxed App 7/28/10
      Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
      Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
        I'm not sure what the deal is with that. My BI had a treasury ID, but he was from a private agency. I think they get authorization to do that so people will talk to them and it makes them more "official".
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• They are contractors, usually retired federal agents. Also, some BI's are done by private companies that are contracted and some are done by BPA's.

Comment

• Got a letter in the mail...Passed the PFT. and also a they gave me a guide on how to start getting in shape for the academy. If i actually went by what they suggest, it would put me back about to my pre-Marine days..Lol. At least I know I have one thing down. That Spanish on the other hand......
            Last edited by momnie48; 09-22-2008, 02:37 PM.
            BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
            Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
            Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
            Med---09/02/2008--Passed
            Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
            Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
            Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• I failed the fitness test. Can I reactivate when I am ready to retake the test or do I have to wait a certain amount of time?
              BPA Status
              TSU: 04/24/09
              EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
              Resigned: 10/28/09
              Reapplied: 07/29/11
              NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
              TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
              PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
              Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
              Applied: 06/24/11
              Written: 07/21/11
              NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• While I prepare for the Academy, I would like to try to learn Spanish on my own. I am thinking about using Rosetta Stone's 6-month online training for $200. Have any of you used Rosetta Stone? If yes, what did you think about it?
                BPA Status
                TSU: 04/24/09
                EOD: 10/12/09, Sierra Blanca, TX
                Resigned: 10/28/09
                Reapplied: 07/29/11
                NOR: 08/24/11, 5 & 7 @ 93 (no Vet pref)
                TSL1: 12/16/11, forms sent
                PFT1: scheduled for 02/03/12
                Oral Board: scheduled for 02/03/12

CBPO Status
                Applied: 06/24/11
                Written: 07/21/11
                NOR: 08/30/11, 5 & 7 @ 94 (no Vet pref)

Comment

• i receiver my passing score of 94 about 10 days ago and i have filled out the equip and fingerprints and documents. mailed them off friday and now i have my oral board on thursday. it is at the Marriot in Fresno Ca, does anyone know if the phisical abilities test is the same day or how much after I will have the phisical abilities test? kinda hurt my shoulder a few days ago at work and probably a couple weeks from being able to pass the push up portion...

Comment

• Originally posted by raidersjoe View Post
                    i receiver my passing score of 94 about 10 days ago and i have filled out the equip and fingerprints and documents. mailed them off friday and now i have my oral board on thursday. it is at the Marriot in Fresno Ca, does anyone know if the phisical abilities test is the same day or how much after I will have the phisical abilities test? kinda hurt my shoulder a few days ago at work and probably a couple weeks from being able to pass the push up portion...
                    If they didn't schedule the fit and medical test on the same day as your oral, then no. If they did, then yes, you better be ready to go.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• no i have the letter in hand and it doesnt say anything about a pit. it just says oral interview and thet they encourage to bring your spouce to the orientation which preceeds the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by raidersjoe View Post
                        no i have the letter in hand and it doesnt say anything about a pit. it just says oral interview and thet they encourage to bring your spouce to the orientation which preceeds the interview.
                        Then don't worry. Dress to the nines and good luck!
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by Section8 View Post
                          I failed the fitness test. Can I reactivate when I am ready to retake the test or do I have to wait a certain amount of time?
                          No point in reactivating your application until you are able to pass the academy. The fitness test is a cakewalk compared to the academy and the field. Spend six months or so getting your body in shape then reapply.

Comment

I failed the fitness test. Can I reactivate when I am ready to retake the test or do I have to wait a certain amount of time?
                            +1 to madchiken

I can vouch that the field is much harder than the Academy, that which is vastly more difficult than the silly fitness test.

Eat better, run, do your push-ups and sit-ups, get in much better overall shape and THEN re-apply or re-open your case. The worst thing you can do for yourself is be out of shape at the Academy and throw away a great opportunity by failing out OR worse yet getting to the field and physically hurting yourself permanently.

Comment

• How did you fail the fail the fitness test?
                              BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                              Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                              Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                              Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                              Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                              Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                              Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

While I prepare for the Academy, I would like to try to learn Spanish on my own. I am thinking about using Rosetta Stone's 6-month online training for $200. Have any of you used Rosetta Stone? If yes, what did you think about it?
                                If you wait until you EOD the government will pay for the program.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11901 users online. 427 members and 11474 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X