Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by wickedrr View Post
    Just waiting on my qualifications......
    You and I are pretty much on the same track. I'm waiting on my quals, and I was medically cleared for the second time as of yesterday, so now I have to re-cert the fit test. shouldn't be long now.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

    "And you are kinda intoxicated."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pcs258
      Hello all,

      I have a quick question...If I will be graduating college at the end of this year (May 2009), should I put on my application that I have a college degree and then explain that I will be graduating this year? Or should I say no?


      Thanks
      If you don't have a college degree, then don't say that you do. There is a place on the application where you can list your education. Just my advice.
      Tested--07/12/2008-passed
      pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
      oral board--08/29/2008--passed
      medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
      drug test--09/03/2008--passed
      background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
      qualifications--completed
      referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
      EOD 10/20--

      Comment


      • Originally posted by pcs258
        Hello all,

        I have a quick question...If I will be graduating college at the end of this year (May 2009), should I put on my application that I have a college degree and then explain that I will be graduating this year? Or should I say no?


        Thanks
        You might want to wait just so the timing will work out a little better. I got my degree of this year in May, and I applied in February. Worked out well I think.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

        "And you are kinda intoxicated."

        Comment


        • Update

          I'll be in class 817. Any other 817's out there?
          USSCP
          Faxed App 7/28/10
          Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
          Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

          Comment


          • I decided to change my time line to reflect what CASS has posted.

            Wickedrr-----What do you mean by security completed?
            BPA

            Tested--8/12/2008-97%
            Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
            Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
            Med---09/02/2008--Passed
            Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
            Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
            Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

            Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending



            CBPO

            Tested---98%---8/5/2008

            MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

            Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

            Comment


            • When I call the cass hotline, this is what it says

              Pre-Employment Forms completed
              Qualifications pending
              Medical Exam completed
              Oral Interview completed
              Drug Screening completed
              Security completed
              Fitness completed

              See, they don't list the BI, unless that is the Security
              Tested--07/12/2008-passed
              pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
              oral board--08/29/2008--passed
              medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
              drug test--09/03/2008--passed
              background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
              qualifications--completed
              referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
              EOD 10/20--

              Comment


              • Got the call yesterday....



                For a NOPA...


                IM FIRED UP TO SHOW EM WHATS UP WITH MY RESPONSE TO IT

                I love writing informative and persuasive letters.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by wickedrr View Post
                  When I call the cass hotline, this is what it says

                  Pre-Employment Forms completed
                  Qualifications pending
                  Medical Exam completed
                  Oral Interview completed
                  Drug Screening completed
                  Security completed
                  Fitness completed

                  See, they don't list the BI, unless that is the Security
                  BI=Security

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                    Got the call yesterday....



                    For a NOPA...


                    IM FIRED UP TO SHOW EM WHATS UP WITH MY RESPONSE TO IT

                    I love writing informative and persuasive letters.
                    Your have had a rough road. What was the NOPA for?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                      Your have had a rough road. What was the NOPA for?

                      Past illegal drug usage.
                      I smoked pot.......not proud of it now that I look back but not much I can do about it now. I chose the side I want to be on for the rest of my life so I'm proud to say that.

                      But I got the 202 area code call yesterday and was given the chance to withdraw or be found unsuitable....and I said "you know I have gone this far I'm gonna take my chance and keep going and try to overcome it. I'm not a quitter and I won't stop trying untill the day I'm an agent. The adjudicator replied back with....alright in that case ill send you a NOPA. Which at least gives me a better chance over the unsuitability.

                      But I have already overcome 1 unsuitability letter so I was not gonna give up....
                      Last edited by SoKalCopKid; 09-19-2008, 01:33 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                        BI=Security
                        Who will be accessing my qualifications then? Since that is what I'm waiting for?
                        Tested--07/12/2008-passed
                        pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
                        oral board--08/29/2008--passed
                        medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
                        drug test--09/03/2008--passed
                        background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
                        qualifications--completed
                        referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
                        EOD 10/20--

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                          Past illegal drug usage.
                          I smoked pot.......not proud of it now that I look back but not much I can do about it now. I chose the side I want to be on for the rest of my life so I'm proud to say that.

                          But I got the 202 area code call yesterday and was given the chance to withdraw or be found unsuitable....and I said "you know I have gone this far I'm gonna take my chance and keep going and try to overcome it. I'm not a quitter and I won't stop trying untill the day I'm an agent. The adjudicator replied back with....alright in that case ill send you a NOPA. Which at least gives me a better chance over the unsuitability.

                          But I have already overcome 1 unsuitability letter so I was not gonna give up....
                          Good Luck!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by wickedrr View Post
                            Who will be accessing my qualifications then? Since that is what I'm waiting for?
                            The hiring center will access your qualifications. You should have completed a qualification sheet when you filled out the pre-employment forms.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SoKalCopKid View Post
                              But I got the 202 area code call yesterday and was given the chance to withdraw or be found unsuitable....and I said "you know I have gone this far I'm gonna take my chance and keep going and try to overcome it. I'm not a quitter and I won't stop trying untill the day I'm an agent. The adjudicator replied back with....alright in that case ill send you a NOPA. Which at least gives me a better chance over the unsuitability.
                              SOKAL,

                              The conventional wisdom is that when they ask you if you want to withdraw or be found unsuitable, they are doing you a favor. They do that when they have hard, fast guidelines that says they must find you unsuitable, reqardless of whether you write the perfect NOPA response.

                              If you withdraw now, you can say in the future that you have never been found unsuitable for a law enforcement position. After enough time has passed since your last drug use, you can reapply.

                              What I don't know is if the "found unsuitable" is the kiss of death when you reapply. Either way you still have the same drug use history regardless of whether you withdraw and reapply or whether you continue and are found unsuitable and reapply at a later time (or apply to another agency). Common sense tells me it shouldn't matter on way or another - when you last smoked pot hasn't changed. But since they do give you that option, maybe there is a reason.

                              It used to be a minimum of three years since last marijuana usage or you would be found unsuitable, and the perfect NOPA response wouldn't help.

                              All of the above is just my understanding from reading these types of forums for a while. I'm no expert, so don't take my word for it. Maybe it has changed now. Good luck.
                              Last edited by Tirofijo; 09-19-2008, 06:01 PM.

                              Comment


                              • He was told long, long ago that he will not be hired due to his recent drug usage. Unfortunately, he wishes to have a determination of unsuitability for employment to pop up in any other position he may want to apply for.

                                By the way, how long ago was it again?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10244 users online. 351 members and 9893 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X