300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
    They call, you pick, you go and then go again in a little cup….

They call telling you that they are scheduling a pre screening but will not tell you what it consist of. We all know it’s a drug screening. They give you several location and times to choose within 48 hrs from the time of the call. I’m sure this depends on where you live as well. You will have more location/time option if you are from a big city but will only have 48 hrs to go from time of call. I was scheduled at a clinic at one of the largest hospitals in the area. I guess the 48 hrs keeps applicants from coming up with a detox plan just in case they are dirty. As soon as you choose, they pass you off to a recording with instructions. Soon after, you will receive a reminder email. I’m not sure what happens if you tell the person on the other end of the call that you are out of town or are about to travel.
    All you need is a photo ID. They overnight a fedex package with your info and sample pack to the clinic you choose. The clinic then sends the sealed package out to a lab for testing. Hope this helped.

Good luck..
    Thanks my Friend!!!!

I guess after the drug test I will still be waiting in the blasted BI and poly results. Everyone keep your hopes up and stay motivated and focused!!

Save the Republic!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pepe View Post
      JarrGen, I noticed you had your physical done before your oral board interview. Well I just got my oral board app. for March 1st., but have not completed my physical yet. Is this normal??
      One thing about this process is that there is nothing set in stone. You have to just take the steps in whatever order they arrive and pass through each one. Too many variables at each step of the game and from year to year. I say years because this is not a short process for most people. Then, administrations change, resulting in changes in national policy that affect hiring rates, whether or not polygraphs will be given, or things like the hiring authority being changed thanks to a lawsuit. Just be glad each time a new green check mark appears in CASS, and hope it doesn't go back to Pending, but when it does, roll with the punches and tackle whatever tasks the Hiring Center throws your way to get completed and complete them with a sense of urgency.
      In Process Apps:
      LASD - 04/2015 Completed Out of State Testing
      Passed Written, Fitness, Polygraph
      08/2015 - Background Completed
      09/2015 - Medical/Psych Scheduled

Comment

• Hello, I had a quick question for everyone. I took the test downtown Chicago 12/17/10. Received my NOR with a rating of 90. What are my chances in receiving some sort of attention to move onto the next step? Also, what is the time line with receiving a email with the following step?

Thanks in advance
        BE SAFE

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
          They call, you pick, you go and then go again in a little cup….

They call telling you that they are scheduling a pre screening but will not tell you what it consist of. We all know it’s a drug screening. They give you several location and times to choose within 48 hrs from the time of the call. I’m sure this depends on where you live as well. You will have more location/time option if you are from a big city but will only have 48 hrs to go from time of call. I was scheduled at a clinic at one of the largest hospitals in the area. I guess the 48 hrs keeps applicants from coming up with a detox plan just in case they are dirty. As soon as you choose, they pass you off to a recording with instructions. Soon after, you will receive a reminder email. I’m not sure what happens if you tell the person on the other end of the call that you are out of town or are about to travel.
          All you need is a photo ID. They overnight a fedex package with your info and sample pack to the clinic you choose. The clinic then sends the sealed package out to a lab for testing. Hope this helped.

Good luck..
          When they called me, she said flat out that it was for a drug test. No beating around the bush.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• I agree. The lady on the phone told me strait out bring a full bladder.
            Last edited by Grxmites; 02-04-2011, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
              I agree. The lady on the phone told me strait out bring a full bladder.
              I believe you. We must be pretty dumb if we don't know why or what a screening is but that's just how my lady went about it. I even asked and she cut me off by saying she couldn't tell me. It was pretty funny since you get passed off to a recording that tells you what's going down anyway.

Maybe I just had a newbie that was taking her job as some type of 007 job.

No se...

Comment

• So I'm anticipating getting into a class in the next few months and getting my FO assignment. I am from NC so I am so used to green grass, tall trees and lots of water. So I am a bit concerned about the change of environments, but I welcome change. I was just wondering how any BP Agents on here like/dislike their FO? What are the towns like? Anything to do? Stores, recreation, housing, etc.

Comment

• You'd probably get a ton of different answers for that.

Comment

• I would like to get a bunch of different answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodymove54 View Post
                      So I'm anticipating getting into a class in the next few months and getting my FO assignment. I am from NC so I am so used to green grass, tall trees and lots of water. So I am a bit concerned about the change of environments, but I welcome change. I was just wondering how any BP Agents on here like/dislike their FO? What are the towns like? Anything to do? Stores, recreation, housing, etc.
                      I don't know what an "FO" is. I'm going to run with the assumption that you're referring to one's station. I like where I'm stationed. I like the town, I like the area, I like the work.

Comment

• Yes field office or duty station. Whichever you want to call it.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodymove54 View Post
                            Yes field office or duty station. Whichever you want to call it.
                            Well, I guess I came across like a jerk, my bad. I'm working on it. Anyway, I'll second SHU on his post, though I live in Southern New Mexico. I love my job.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                              You won't hear of many field offices in the Patrol. We are more akin to a uniformed federal police force. We have stations.

As far as the weather, it is very unlikely you will get a station that is anything like ocean isle except maybe corpus in TX. Where I work the weather is usually in the 50s/60s during the days in the winter and the 20s at night. It is sunny here 300+ days a year. Sometimes when the Santa Anna winds are blowing in the winds can reach 70 mph. At times in the winter it snows quite a bit at night in my area of ops but then the sun comes up and it all goes away. In the summer it is a miserable dry heat during the day 100+ and nice at night 60s. This winter the weather in San Diego County has been wonderful. I've used the AC in my car quite a bit this winter.

Wherever you go due take the time to notice your surroundings. All kinds of bugs, snakes, cactus and even a few mountain lions in the desert. Most people don't take the time to appreciate that kind of stuff. The idiots are to busy texting or something equally worthless. Bring a camera to work and send the pics home. Good luck to wherever you end up and take it one day at a time. Go Heels
                              YOUr comment left me pumped Dude...I am ready for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• hey

Have any agents ever have to deal with lay offs, or is it when you become a federal employee you are set....unless you mess it up?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10629 users online. 507 members and 10122 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X