Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'll keep paying attention to the troll. The troll keeps coming back for attention. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Comment

• double post.
      Last edited by Maverick7; 01-24-2011, 02:19 PM.
      CBPO
      Test: 12/6/10

NOR: 1/25/11
      T.O. 5/25/11
      Geo: Laredo, TX
      NYPD
      Test: 2/2011
      NOR: 5/4/11
      List #: 1XX

Comment

• What he said ^

I hate to break it to you Mr. DakingOfqueens, but you're not doing yourself any favors by arguing and defending your history of substance abuse, especially to a community of people who are here because they want to uphold the law. Most of the questions you have asked thus far seem to stem from you watching "Border Wars" on National Geographic. I know because I watched some episodes too. What's important is to understand that Border Wars is a TV show, and its primary purpose is to entertain. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that MUCH of the responsibilities, duties, and hazards that Border Patrol Agents and CBP Officers are exposed to are omitted for the sake of allowing them to do their jobs properly. I'm a CBP hopeful myself, and I realize that as much research as I have done and as many CBPO's that I've consulted I still have no idea what I'm getting myself into. I'm okay with that. Echoing what another person said a few posts ago I do think that you should re-evaluate your chosen career path, if I were on the job and something went down I know that I'd want whoever is backing me up to have a good head on their shoulders, and someone who isn't prone to making bad decisions. I apologize if I'm offending you, but that's how I feel. Good luck.
        CBPO
        Test: 12/6/10

NOR: 1/25/11
        T.O. 5/25/11
        Geo: Laredo, TX
        NYPD
        Test: 2/2011
        NOR: 5/4/11
        List #: 1XX

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick7 View Post
          What he said ^

I hate to break it to you Mr. DakingOfqueens, but you're not doing yourself any favors by arguing and defending your history of substance abuse, especially to a community of people who are here because they want to uphold the law. Most of the questions you have asked thus far seem to stem from you watching "Border Wars" on National Geographic. I know because I watched some episodes too. What's important is to understand that Border Wars is a TV show, and its primary purpose is to entertain. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that MUCH of the responsibilities, duties, and hazards that Border Patrol Agents and CBP Officers are exposed to are omitted for the sake of allowing them to do their jobs properly. I'm a CBP hopeful myself, and I realize that as much research as I have done and as many CBPO's that I've consulted I still have no idea what I'm getting myself into. I'm okay with that. Echoing what another person said a few posts ago I do think that you should re-evaluate your chosen career path, if I were on the job and something went down I know that I'd want whoever is backing me up to have a good head on their shoulders, and someone who isn't prone to making bad decisions. I apologize if I'm offending you, but that's how I feel. Good luck.
          ...And that´s that!

Changing the subject, I got my interview letter for March 1st, anyone else?
          "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
          Written Test: 10/04/10
          NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
          TSL 1: 11/17/10
          OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
          Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
          TSL 2: 04/29/11.
          e-QIP: 05/08/11
          BI Interview: 07/26/11
          Drug test: 08/05/11
          Polygraph: 02/08/2012
          CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
          Written Test: 12/09/10
          NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
          TSL 1: 06/14/11
          PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
          VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Have any of the August testers been assigned a BI yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
              Have any of the August testers been assigned a BI yet?

All quiet here, except for another green check on CASS! "Pre-employment forms received" hahahaha!
              Last edited by Tr0uble86; 01-24-2011, 09:07 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong person
              ICE IEA
              May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
              June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
              July (7/20/09) - NOR
              August (8/17/09) - TO
              September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
              October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
              March '10 - Cleared Medical
              Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Tr0uble86 View Post
                All quiet here, except for another green check on CASS! "Pre-employment forms received" hahahaha!
                Same here. My pre-employment forms have FINALLY been received after sending them back 3.5 months ago! But nothing on BI.

Comment

• hey

Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                  The people at the Administrative office said my file was forwarded to the Investigators. I got mail from credit reporting agencies stating that the BP contacted them for my public records on the 11/12/2010. I have not heard anything since then. Is BI affected by the federal budget not being signed yet? Are FBI, ATF, and other federal agent applicants waiting like us?

Save the Republic

Comment

• I believe it is affected by funding

Comment

• Here's my bet on the next stimulating question from dakingofqueens:

"When I do become a BPA and I confiscate narcotics, how much of it can smoke/snort/sell?"

Comment

• Originally posted by smiley502 View Post
                        The people at the Administrative office said my file was forwarded to the Investigators. I got mail from credit reporting agencies stating that the BP contacted them for my public records on the 11/12/2010. I have not heard anything since then. Is BI affected by the federal budget not being signed yet? Are FBI, ATF, and other federal agent applicants waiting like us?

Save the Republic
                        Not affected really... I just went through my 2nd BI late december for CBPO. Whenever they are ready to process your file, they'll assign a BI to do your "interview", and depending on how much you've moved around the country they'll have to assign different Investigators to gather that information...
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                          Havent even received my BI forms...Man, I am starting to sound like a broken record. haha
                          BP
                          Applied online: 07/15/2010
                          Written test: 08/23/2010
                          Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
                          TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
                          OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
                          PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
                          TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
                          Drug test: 04/05/2011
                          BI meeting: 5/11/2011
                          BI completed???
                          TSU???
                          EOD???

Comment

• I don't really follow this thread, but I happened upon it while searching for something else. I have my dates if any of you are interested.

Written Test & Results: March 2009
                            Oral Board: April 2009
                            Tentative Offer: May 2009
                            PFT1, Drug Screen, & BI: June-August 2009
                            TSU: September 2009

At the end of 2010 I had to sign a form saying nothing had changed medically since my PFT1. I also had to have another drug screen.

"The Call": January 7th 2011
                            PFT2: January 26th 2011 (yesterday)
                            EOD: February 9th 2011

I did not have to take a polygraph test. Of the three of us at the PFT2, only one did. I was expecting it since I understood the majority of applicants now had to pass it.

Headed for Ajo, Arizona.
                            Last edited by Unistat; 01-26-2011, 10:25 AM.
                            There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
                            http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Unistat,

Outstanding. Congratulations.
                              Le gra'sta De' a Theim.
                              Galic: By The Grace Of God Go I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unistat View Post
                                I don't really follow this thread, but I happened upon it while searching for something else. I have my dates if any of you are interested.

Written Test & Results: March 2009
                                Oral Board: April 2009
                                Tentative Offer: May 2009
                                PFT1, Drug Screen, & BI: June-August 2009
                                TSU: September 2009

At the end of 2010 I had to sign a form saying nothing had changed medically since my PFT1. I also had to have another drug screen.

"The Call": January 7th 2011
                                PFT2: January 26th 2011 (yesterday)
                                EOD: February 9th 2011

I did not have to take a polygraph test. Of the three of us at the PFT2, only one did. I was expecting it since I understood the majority of applicants now had to pass it.

Headed for Ajo, Arizona.
                                Thanks for the heads up brother. Good luck in Artesia. Hope to be there soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6238 users online. 367 members and 5871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X