Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
    I'd say marijuana has more of an immediate and short term effect compared to cocaine. I did that over 50 times as a kid (7-8 years ago). So now I should start looking for another career?
    Yes, Taco Bell is hiring. http://www.tacobell.com/careers

    Comment


    • ...............
      Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:53 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
        I did it like 5 times in high school. I just took about 3-4 lines each time I did it.
        And I did it about 6 times after high school. I currently work for TSA and admitted to doing drugs and they still hired me after 2 drug tests of course.
        I was wondering if this was the same with CBP. People learn and change as they grow and I don't think one's immature actions should deter them from achieving a great career.
        Working for TSA is nowhere close to working for the Border Patrol. At TSA you are highly supervised all day long. BPAs can spend 10 hours at work without ever seen another agent or supervisor until they go back to the station at the end of the shift. It’s all a matter of suitability for the job not if you have changed or are a different person from when you were younger.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
          I'd say marijuana has more of an immediate and short term effect compared to cocaine. I did that over 50 times as a kid (7-8 years ago). So now I should start looking for another career?

          One of my friends was dropped from consideration because he told them he had smoked pot within the last 3 years. Not sure about cocaine. But for pot, I'm assuming its within the past 3 years since thats what he was asked. He said yes but for experimental use...that didn't work. But I'm not 100% sure. On his way home from questioning he was speeding and a BP agent pulled him over and gave him a ticket. Talk about bad luck lol

          Comment


          • Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            Yes, Taco Bell is hiring. http://www.tacobell.com/careers
            Taco bell? Please I rather stay at TSA and make $20/hr lol. Oh well that sucks I'll just see how it goes.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
              Yes. Cocaine use is an automatic disqualifier for most law enforcement agencies. Regardless, you should always tell the truth during a background investigation.
              True that. Better to have a clean conscious upfront than to be caught, humiliated, then DQ'ed/fired later.

              There's also a better way to ask questions like this. Sure, this is a job forum where people come for information. However, It seems there's a lot more of these types of questions being asked on the BPA thread than for other agencies. There's something to be said for not embarassing the agency simply by posing your question. No, its not 'just a question.' I would have posted: "Hey, anybody who knows about disqualifying factors, can you PM me so I can ask a question? Thanks."
              FBI CI 1811:
              June 2007: Applied
              July 2007: Phase I
              October 2010: Phase II
              March 2011: PFT, PSI, Polygraph, Medical
              April 2011: BI, Spouse Interview

              Critical Skills: accounting & FLEO

              Comment


              • Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
                One of my friends was dropped from consideration because he told them he had smoked pot within the last 3 years. Not sure about cocaine. But for pot, I'm assuming its within the past 3 years since thats what he was asked. He said yes but for experimental use...that didn't work. But I'm not 100% sure. On his way home from questioning he was speeding and a BP agent pulled him over and gave him a ticket. Talk about bad luck lol
                That's crazy lol.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
                  One of my friends was dropped from consideration because he told them he had smoked pot within the last 3 years. Not sure about cocaine. But for pot, I'm assuming its within the past 3 years since thats what he was asked. He said yes but for experimental use...that didn't work. But I'm not 100% sure. On his way home from questioning he was speeding and a BP agent pulled him over and gave him a ticket. Talk about bad luck lol
                  Looks like he’s still smoking something. BP does not stop people for speeding nor do they have the authority to stop people for speeding. The only time BP may stop somebody for speeding is if they determine that person is a public safety danger on the road for other drivers or pedestrians. Still, we do not have the authority to give speeding tickets. That is police enforcement work.

                  Comment


                  • Generally speaking, every drug other then marijuana and steroids are automatic disqualifiers. I can't remember about prescription drugs, that is a new area agencies are evaluating.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by o2force View Post
                      Generally speaking, every drug other then marijuana and steroids are automatic disqualifiers. I can't remember about prescription drugs, that is a new area agencies are evaluating.
                      So your implying that EVERYONE working for CBP has never tried a "hard" drug?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                        So your implying that EVERYONE working for CBP has never tried a "hard" drug?
                        Bottom line is that most FLEO agencies will DQ you for any drug use other than marijuana, and the time laps from the use has to be 5 to 10 years...
                        As to them hiring someone that did use... it's possible. Now, take into consideration all of the steps you have to go through in your investigation, to include the Poly, and somewhere in there (if you didn't disclose the use), there's a great possibility of getting caught in the lie. So I would say you're better off staying where you are, or if you want to find out if you can get the job, stay in the process or apply... TSA/TSO standards are nothing compared to CBPO/BPA.
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
                          One of my friends was dropped from consideration because he told them he had smoked pot within the last 3 years. Not sure about cocaine. But for pot, I'm assuming its within the past 3 years since thats what he was asked. He said yes but for experimental use...that didn't work. But I'm not 100% sure. On his way home from questioning he was speeding and a BP agent pulled him over and gave him a ticket. Talk about bad luck lol
                          What type of PA is handing out traffic tickets in North Country, NY?
                          Last edited by merlin436; 01-22-2011, 05:21 PM. Reason: grammar

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            Bottom line is that most FLEO agencies will DQ you for any drug use other than marijuana, and the time laps from the use has to be 5 to 10 years...
                            As to them hiring someone that did use... it's possible. Now, take into consideration all of the steps you have to go through in your investigation, to include the Poly, and somewhere in there (if you didn't disclose the use), there's a great possibility of getting caught in the lie. So I would say you're better off staying where you are, or if you want to find out if you can get the job, stay in the process or apply... TSA/TSO standards are nothing compared to CBPO/BPA.
                            Damn, I might as well apply to one of the various cartel organizations. I heard they're hiring.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                              Damn, I might as well apply to one of the various cartel organizations. I heard they're hiring.
                              Well, thanks for stopping by. Adios!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
                                Looks like he’s still smoking something. BP does not stop people for speeding nor do they have the authority to stop people for speeding. The only time BP may stop somebody for speeding is if they determine that person is a public safety danger on the road for other drivers or pedestrians. Still, we do not have the authority to give speeding tickets. That is police enforcement work.
                                You're right Delta. I read your post and called my old roommate who is a BP agent. Then I asked the guy who said it if it was a BP agent and he said oops. It was a trooper. Good catch. I now feel a little more educated than before. Regardless...crappy day for him!
                                Last edited by gun_slinger; 01-22-2011, 06:31 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8069 users online. 266 members and 7803 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X