Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the knee s better...about a month ago, I was finally able to start using the ellipticals at the local Y. I'm now working towards getting my strength back so that I can start doing squats and lounges...the real fun exercises haha. How have you been???
    BP
    Applied online: 07/15/2010
    Written test: 08/23/2010
    Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
    TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
    OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
    PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
    TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
    Drug test: 04/05/2011
    BI meeting: 5/11/2011
    BI completed???
    TSU???
    EOD???

Comment

• M_akaveli8 PM sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrewOU View Post
        M_akaveli8 PM sent.
        Havent received anything yet...I'll keep checking. Another guy that was at the same OB got his BI forms back in Oct or Nov. Damn, bad luck I guess.
        BP
        Applied online: 07/15/2010
        Written test: 08/23/2010
        Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
        TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
        OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
        PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
        TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
        Drug test: 04/05/2011
        BI meeting: 5/11/2011
        BI completed???
        TSU???
        EOD???

Comment

• Originally posted by rakkasan View Post
          My CASS just updated. It says my interview has been scheduled so Im expected to get a letter in the next few days with the details. I have a nice suit to wear, I will be clean cut and have a pen/notebook with some questions to ask them. I understand it is a situational type interview. Is it really even possible to prepare for this type of interview? I heard that watching shows like COPS and Border Wars help some.

Im a DoD police officer on a little AF base right now, and served 4 years in the Army as an infantryman. I think I should have the necessary experience to do ok. Any strategies from someone who passed?

I realize the questions are not to be disclosed, just need some help as I have not done any formal interviews besides one for FAMS which I didnt pass, so I am nervous about this one...
          You're going to do fine. I was in the Army for 4.5 years and I couldn't have been more prepared because of it. The first guy that went in was in there for an hour. I went in right after him and was in there for 10 minutes. Just make sure that you have safety in mind when you answer your questions and don't take your answers back. Be confident and assertive in what you say. I can't give you any of the scenarios I was asked because its against the rules. Just remember that BP agents are there to help save lives. By the way, you wouldn't happen to have been a member of 3rd Brigade Rakkasans 101st would you? I was in 1st Brigade Bastogne 101st.

Comment

• hey all, I just posted yesterday about how it has been one month since I got the NOR email. Just now, I got another NOR email from them, identical to the first! Is it a sign of a coming TO? Or do they resend the NORs every month? I'm just trying to understand why they resent them...was I supposed to respond in some fashion?
            "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke

Comment

• Originally posted by vtboyarc View Post
              hey all, I just posted yesterday about how it has been one month since I got the NOR email. Just now, I got another NOR email from them, identical to the first! Is it a sign of a coming TO? Or do they resend the NORs every month? I'm just trying to understand why they resent them...was I supposed to respond in some fashion?
              I got two NOR emails as well back in september but on the same day about 2 hours apart. If is says please do not respond at the bottom of the email then don't. They'll let you know if you need to respond to something. The emails that I had to respond to were titled as, "ATTENTION RESPONSE REQUIRED." So unless it asks for it, there is no need to.

Comment

• NOR repeat

Originally posted by vtboyarc View Post
                hey all, I just posted yesterday about how it has been one month since I got the NOR email. Just now, I got another NOR email from them, identical to the first! Is it a sign of a coming TO? Or do they resend the NORs every month? I'm just trying to understand why they resent them...was I supposed to respond in some fashion?
                I'm in the same boat, received the original back in December a week or so after the test and just got the same email today. Just so you know your not the only one.

Comment

• Will I be automatically disqualified from employment if I admit to using marijuana and cocaine when I was younger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                    Will I be automatically disqualified from employment if I admit to using marijuana and cocaine when I was younger?
                    Yes. Cocaine use is an automatic disqualifier for most law enforcement agencies. Regardless, you should always tell the truth during a background investigation.

Comment

• No you won't

Comment

Will I be automatically disqualified from employment if I admit to using marijuana and cocaine when I was younger?
                        As long as it was under 5 eight balls total you should be fine.

Comment

• I did it like 5 times in high school. I just took about 3-4 lines each time I did it.
                          And I did it about 6 times after high school. I currently work for TSA and admitted to doing drugs and they still hired me after 2 drug tests of course.
                          I was wondering if this was the same with CBP. People learn and change as they grow and I don't think one's immature actions should deter them from achieving a great career.

Comment

I did it like 5 times in high school. I just took about 3-4 lines each time I did it.
                            And I did it about 6 times after high school. I currently work for TSA and admitted to doing drugs and they still hired me after 2 drug tests of course.
                            I was wondering if this was the same with CBP. People learn and change as they grow and I don't think one's immature actions should deter them from achieving a great career.
                            I was just joking but I completely agree with you. It doesn't stop someone from becoming President, look at Obama and many others. I think it is also amazing that potential agents go through a polygraph yet the most powerful person in government, and the world for that matter, doesn't get one.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• I'd say marijuana has more of an immediate and short term effect compared to cocaine. I did that over 50 times as a kid (7-8 years ago). So now I should start looking for another career?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6349 users online. 212 members and 6137 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X