300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
    I just received my NOR and got a 92 rating! Now what do I do?
    Get ready to wait a long time. I tested in October, got a 91 and haven't heard anything since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
      Get ready to wait a long time. I tested in October, got a 91 and haven't heard anything since.
      Damn I wonder why is that? And what is tsl1 packet?

Comment

• I tested in October as well and received a 90 and haven't heard anything since either
        ICE 1811

Test: July 09
        NOR: August 09
        SI/WA: 12/3/10
        NOR: 12/29/10
        TO: 01/03/11
        Medical: 01/24/11
        Drug Test: 01/26/11
        Background: 02/10/11
        T&S: 03/30/11

Comment

• http://www.honorfirst.com/hireproc.htm

I seriously just posted that on the last page earlier today...

Go to it. Its got the process on there. A lot easier than having someone tell you and it explains it well. Funding is short for the time being and things are moving slow. Theres guys on here that have been waiting for an academy for over a year. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Just put in your time and keep in shape. Congrats on passing the test though!

Comment

• today makes a month since I got my NOR, 92 also, haven't heard anything back. I heard that the Obama administration plans to cut Border Patrol jobs, because the agency is becoming better and more efficient at what they do. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
            "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke

Comment

• Originally posted by vtboyarc View Post
              today makes a month since I got my NOR, 92 also, haven't heard anything back. I heard that the Obama administration plans to cut Border Patrol jobs, because the agency is becoming better and more efficient at what they do. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
              I would agree with this post to an extent. Yes, I do believe from my own research that they are becoming more efficient. But on the other hand so are the drug cartels and smugglers in Mexico. I think that the cut in jobs has more to do with the budget than anything else. If you have followed where the money went to it went into Aviation Security. Obama cut a significant amount of money out of the border and issued it to strengthen our aviation infrastructure. In a short time though the new budget will be passed and hopefully we will all find out good news in our employment endeavors.

Comment

today makes a month since I got my NOR, 92 also, haven't heard anything back. I heard that the Obama administration plans to cut Border Patrol jobs, because the agency is becoming better and more efficient at what they do. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
                In Obama's original budget plan he was going to increase Border Patrols budget and hire 1500 new agents. That was at the beginning of the fiscal year. However, due to the budget not getting passed and us jumping from one short term resolution to the other... We won't know what money will be allocated to the Border Patrol until March. Hence the dramatic slow down in hiring for most Federal jobs. Fortunately both parties are pro- border security.... so outlook is good that hiring will resume on its regular course (what ever that is after FCIP) after the new budget is passed.

So I think the money issue is just going to be a hurry up and wait till march.. The FCIP is gonna be a whole different ball of wax.

Comment

• By the way I got my NOR 97 in 3 Nov. and still haven't heard anything.

Comment

• My CASS just updated. It says my interview has been scheduled so Im expected to get a letter in the next few days with the details. I have a nice suit to wear, I will be clean cut and have a pen/notebook with some questions to ask them. I understand it is a situational type interview. Is it really even possible to prepare for this type of interview? I heard that watching shows like COPS and Border Wars help some.

Im a DoD police officer on a little AF base right now, and served 4 years in the Army as an infantryman. I think I should have the necessary experience to do ok. Any strategies from someone who passed?

I realize the questions are not to be disclosed, just need some help as I have not done any formal interviews besides one for FAMS which I didnt pass, so I am nervous about this one...

Comment

• Originally posted by rakkasan View Post
                      I heard that watching shows like COPS and Border Wars help some.
                      You may want to reconsider that one.

Comment

My CASS just updated. It says my interview has been scheduled so Im expected to get a letter in the next few days with the details. I have a nice suit to wear, I will be clean cut and have a pen/notebook with some questions to ask them. I understand it is a situational type interview. Is it really even possible to prepare for this type of interview? I heard that watching shows like COPS and Border Wars help some.

Im a DoD police officer on a little AF base right now, and served 4 years in the Army as an infantryman. I think I should have the necessary experience to do ok. Any strategies from someone who passed?

I realize the questions are not to be disclosed, just need some help as I have not done any formal interviews besides one for FAMS which I didnt pass, so I am nervous about this one...
                        The best advice that I would give you would be to definattly take your time. Dont get to ahead of youself, or assume anything. When they read you the scenarios make sure you listen, and try to put your nerves aside ( I know that is easier said than done). Good luck in there.

Comment

My CASS just updated. It says my interview has been scheduled so Im expected to get a letter in the next few days with the details. I have a nice suit to wear, I will be clean cut and have a pen/notebook with some questions to ask them. I understand it is a situational type interview. Is it really even possible to prepare for this type of interview? I heard that watching shows like COPS and Border Wars help some.

Believe me when I say that the BPA interview is easier than the FAMs interview. I failed the one for FAMs too. Funny that you and I, both being current federal LE, couldn't pass the FAMs interview.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

The Obama administration has not cut jobs in the BP. Staffing has been increased, not decreased. The additional agents have been funded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty80 View Post
                              In Obama's original budget plan he was going to increase Border Patrols budget and hire 1500 new agents. That was at the beginning of the fiscal year. However, due to the budget not getting passed and us jumping from one short term resolution to the other... We won't know what money will be allocated to the Border Patrol until March. Hence the dramatic slow down in hiring for most Federal jobs. Fortunately both parties are pro- border security.... so outlook is good that hiring will resume on its regular course (what ever that is after FCIP) after the new budget is passed.

So I think the money issue is just going to be a hurry up and wait till march.. The FCIP is gonna be a whole different ball of wax.
                              The money has already been appropriated for the additional Agents. The fact that we are on a CR is irrelevant-they will be hired. As far as I know, Tucson sector us EOD'ing a whole bunch of trainees right now.

Comment

The Oral Hiring Boards are all scenario based. All they are for is to see if you have some common sense and good judgment. If you don't understand the scenario or what is being asked just ask the agents to explain further before you answer. IMHO the OHBs for Border Patrol are very easy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9178 users online. 297 members and 8881 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X