Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just got off the phone with MHC with some promising news. Processing should start picking up again shortly as I was told. She wasn't certain as to how long it takes for all applicant, but for the majority of individuals you are processed depending on when they received your information. I was also unaware that if you are qualifying for GS-7 it generally takes longer to process than that of GS-5 due to a smaller group of individuals reviewing your application. From what I understand the GS-7 is processed by higher qualified individuals. FCIP will also be replaced most likely by VRA or competitive service.

    I also want to clarify on one of my previous posts as I was told that we would not necessarily have to reaaply, BUT would have to RE-REGISTER. For those of you with atleast a TO you should see movement shortly as there was funding found for this position. Also CASS is not going to update right away as they are using a new program (not exactly sure what that program is).

    I know this post was kind of all over the place, but I hope this post helps some keep the faith in this hiring madness. Good luck to you all!

    Comment


    • I called this morning and was not able to get as much information as you jersey eagle. I completed the OB 10/27/2010 and have not heard anything since then. I've been calling once a week trying to have them email me the BI forms...for the last month, the different people I've talked to have told me that the drug test will have to be completed or at the very least scheduled before they can email the BI forms.

      It sucks to heard about the smaller group of individuals reviewing GS-7 applicants...especially for those of us who qualified as a GS-7 because of our GPA.
      BP
      Applied online: 07/15/2010
      Written test: 08/23/2010
      Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
      TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
      OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
      PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
      TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
      Drug test: 04/05/2011
      BI meeting: 5/11/2011
      BI completed???
      TSU???
      EOD???

      Comment


      • Originally posted by M_akaveli8 View Post
        I called this morning and was not able to get as much information as you jersey eagle. I completed the OB 10/27/2010 and have not heard anything since then. I've been calling once a week trying to have them email me the BI forms...for the last month, the different people I've talked to have told me that the drug test will have to be completed or at the very least scheduled before they can email the BI forms.

        It sucks to heard about the smaller group of individuals reviewing GS-7 applicants...especially for those of us who qualified as a GS-7 because of our GPA.
        Thats strange. I filled out my BI info and forms before I went for my oral boards. I have not had my drug test however. I think it is just all over the place. I was taken as a GS-9 so I am not sure if I will be even slower or faster. I don't think anyone knows.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by M_akaveli8 View Post
          I called this morning and was not able to get as much information as you jersey eagle. I completed the OB 10/27/2010 and have not heard anything since then. I've been calling once a week trying to have them email me the BI forms...for the last month, the different people I've talked to have told me that the drug test will have to be completed or at the very least scheduled before they can email the BI forms.

          It sucks to heard about the smaller group of individuals reviewing GS-7 applicants...especially for those of us who qualified as a GS-7 because of our GPA.

          I was at the same oral board as you; like others have said, the process is all over the place. For example we tested and and did our oral board all at the same time, however I recieved my BI paperwork in late September and returned it before the 1st of October. I am not sure there is a strict method to the madness, I just hope things are going to move soon. How is your Knee by the way?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jersey eagle View Post
            Just got off the phone with MHC with some promising news. Processing should start picking up again shortly as I was told. She wasn't certain as to how long it takes for all applicant, but for the majority of individuals you are processed depending on when they received your information. I was also unaware that if you are qualifying for GS-7 it generally takes longer to process than that of GS-5 due to a smaller group of individuals reviewing your application. From what I understand the GS-7 is processed by higher qualified individuals. FCIP will also be replaced most likely by VRA or competitive service.

            I also want to clarify on one of my previous posts as I was told that we would not necessarily have to reaaply, BUT would have to RE-REGISTER. For those of you with atleast a TO you should see movement shortly as there was funding found for this position. Also CASS is not going to update right away as they are using a new program (not exactly sure what that program is).

            I know this post was kind of all over the place, but I hope this post helps some keep the faith in this hiring madness. Good luck to you all!
            Jersey eagle, that is great news. I'm just waiting for the second pt and the drug screening. I had the fitness for CBPO just a couple of hours ago too. I didn't have to do the medical as the BP one transferred over.

            Comment


            • what does that mean for people who are just waiting for BI and drug test? Is the money they found being allocated towards those things? Can anyone answer that question?

              Comment


              • As far as I know from what I was told they are going to do anything possible in the process that will not cost the agency money. But they have found funds to move forward applicants who have already got there TO and such. I am not to sure as she did not clarify because obviously every case is different. I think that phone call might have the best news I have heard in a while for this position. Most of the news just seems to be negative, but since they still are going to process before the end of FCIP is good to hear. Once the yearly budget gets passed I would assume most folks application processes are going to fly.

                Comment


                • No one on this forum knows what the end of the FCIP program will bring, we all can say this and that but the only ones that know are at OPM and I'm sure they still aren't sure.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                    For those of you thinking if that the elimination of FCIP is gonna screw us, I think not. I am only waiting for the BI and Drug Screening. My best friend who tested October 31st just got a letter in the mail today for his Oral Interview next Wednesday. If they were gonna get rid of all the applicants they would not spend be spending any money scheduling interviews.
                    I hope you are right... but just because it makes common sense.. doesn't mean that's what is gonna happen.

                    Comment


                    • ok so question, i recently took the Border Patrol Agent test last week. wondering if anyone can tell me the next steps as i have no clue what they are. also i had no clue there was a Border Patrol Officer position, was it mistake not to apply to both?
                      integrity is everything

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by hose135 View Post
                        ok so question, i recently took the Border Patrol Agent test last week. wondering if anyone can tell me the next steps as i have no clue what they are. also i had no clue there was a Border Patrol Officer position, was it mistake not to apply to both?
                        No such thing as a Border Patrol Officer position. If you mean Customs and Border Protection Officer, I suggest you do some more research on the two jobs and make sure you applied for the one you wanted to apply for as they are very, very different positions in different organizations.

                        Comment


                        • Just re did the portion of my medical that they screwed up. And my CASS recently updated after I re sent the paper work they lost! One would almost think I'm making progress but I'm still prepared for news that something else got screwed up! Stay tuned for updates on this government comedy!

                          Hose... http://www.honorfirst.com/hireproc.htm go there. Prepare to wait. After that, wait a little bit more. When you're done waiting...wait for a few more months. Thats the gist of it.

                          Comment


                          • Just found the official hiring process theme song

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjedL...eature=related

                            Comment


                            • I just received my NOR and got a 92 rating! Now what do I do?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                                I just received my NOR and got a 92 rating! Now what do I do?
                                Wait until you receive another email with your TSL1 packet.

                                Mine came about 2&1/2 weeks after my NOR.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7568 users online. 410 members and 7158 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X