300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
    Where are you getting this crap? NB applicants have to apply for the SB if they wish to be considered for the SB.
    This is why I was asking you if your were a border patrol agent. I will never take anything anyone says except for some general information.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
      No one has to start the process over do to FCIP. They are just changing the name of the program. All those that tested for the Northern Border are being processed first.
      The last I heard was that the folks at the Minneapolis Hiring Center (the people who actually do the hiring) still had not received directions on how to proceed after March 1st. I do know that my station is slated to EOD a whole slew of trainees in the next 2 months, and so far, that hasn't changed. The rumor about "Northern Border applicants" getting preference sounds fishy. The Northern Border new hire program is done with. They may give those folks a chance at a job offer on the southern border, but as to giving them preference-I doubt it. If anything, they may go back to giving offers based upon score so that veterans get the preference that they are entitled to by law (this should have been happening all along). Veterans preference was a big issue in the lawsuit/judgment that ended the FCIP. If anybody is going to get preference it will be veterans.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodymove54 View Post
        This is why I was asking you if your were a border patrol agent. I will never take anything anyone says except for some general information.
        Just keep in mind that normal line Agents/Supervisors have very little to do with the hiring process from new hires. Even those of us that do oral boards are often unaware of some of the intricacies of the hiring process, especially since it changes so often

Comment

• Can anyone tell me if there is a math section on the exam. I am taking it in Feb. and I am studying, hoever there is no math section in the test prep manual. I studied the ICE test prep just in case, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a math section.
          BPA:
          BPA exam: 2/23/11
          NOR: 3/2/11 (92)
          TSL1: 06/03/11
          TSL2: 06/03/11
          Medical: 7/7/11 (Being reviewed)
          PFT1: 7/7/11 Cleared
          Structured Interview:7/14/11-Passed
          BI: In the Security Office

HSI SA:
          Applied: 06/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by dnj1107 View Post
            Can anyone tell me if there is a math section on the exam. I am taking it in Feb. and I am studying, hoever there is no math section in the test prep manual. I studied the ICE test prep just in case, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a math section.
            I don't recall any math at all on it. The stuff in the study guide was an exact depiction of what was on the test. I'd try to find some other logical reasoning questions online. I think there was only 8 or 10 in the study guide. The more you do the faster you'll be at pulling out the correct answer.

Comment

• if i recall correctly....which I do... It is logical reasoning, language, and experience questions. I wouldn't worry about math... I would read up on my English grammar.. It will help you understand the Alt language rules better. It wouldn't hurt to look over some logical reasoning tips either.
              Last edited by Smitty80; 01-18-2011, 03:55 PM. Reason: im an idiot.

Comment

• Hey I tried searching for the work schedule and couldn't seem to find it. Could anyone tell me what kind of tour of duty BPA's work???

Comment

• For those of you thinking if that the elimination of FCIP is gonna screw us, I think not. I am only waiting for the BI and Drug Screening. My best friend who tested October 31st just got a letter in the mail today for his Oral Interview next Wednesday. If they were gonna get rid of all the applicants they would not spend be spending any money scheduling interviews.

Comment

• Seriously read one or two pages back and you will find what you seek. ALMOST ALL ANSWERS CAN BE FOUND IF YOU WILL JUST READ!!!!1

Comment

• I remember calculus on my test along with the ALT and some other stuff...it's just like the TEA exam.

Comment

• I had to complete a Rubik's cube while completing the ALT orally.
                        CBPO
                        Written 08/08
                        TO 02/09
                        TSU 06/09
                        BI Expired 04/10
                        Polygraph 06/10--Passed
                        Met with 2nd BI--07/10
                        TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
                        Written 08/10
                        TO 09/10
                        TSU 11/10
                        THE CALL: 03/02/2011
                        FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by mackabo View Post
                          I had to complete a Rubik's cube while completing the ALT orally.
                          I had to do that too... blind folded and doing one handed push ups.

Mackabo, a guy less then a month a head of me in the TSU line and about a month ahead of me in the TO line was hired last Tuesday. I got a call today.... only in reference to a voicemail I left last week. She stated "It looks like you're all good to go. Expect a call in the next couple of months" in my voicemail.

>:/

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                            For those of you thinking if that the elimination of FCIP is gonna screw us, I think not. I am only waiting for the BI and Drug Screening. My best friend who tested October 31st just got a letter in the mail today for his Oral Interview next Wednesday. If they were gonna get rid of all the applicants they would not spend be spending any money scheduling interviews.
                            I hope you are right, but from some of the articles on this thread I fear that reapplying might be the only option to get through. Unless OPM decides to appeal the FCIP ruling all of those who applied will NOT be grandfathered in. Only time will tell, but I do hope you are right that there is nothing to worry about because i'm in the same boat as you. The only other option I see is if you get the call before the end of FCIP goes into effect. Thats just my $.02. Any one else can chime in if I am completely wrong or would like to elaborate futher.

Comment

• OPM can't appeal it because of Obama's Executive Order. If you aren't hired by 2/28, you will have to re-apply. That is a fact. You will not be hired under any FCIP announcement starting 3/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominicanOps View Post
                                Hey I tried searching for the work schedule and couldn't seem to find it. Could anyone tell me what kind of tour of duty BPA's work???
                                You didn't look...if you did you would have read post #4887 of this thread and got your answer.
                                Last edited by MNCop2b; 01-19-2011, 03:24 AM. Reason: was goin to insert smart *** comment but told myself to play nice with others this year

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9279 users online. 290 members and 8989 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X