300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bozo View Post
    Are there any BP Agents on here that work along the northern border? If so, I have some questions.
    Ask away, I am in Grand Forks Sector.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNCop2b View Post
      Ask away, I am in Grand Forks Sector.
      What is the process for transferring to the northern border? I know all new BP agents are assigned to the southern border, but how long must an agent stay at the southern border before being eligible for transfer to the northern border?

I know illegal border crossings along the northern border are not as common as the southern border, but who generally crosses the northern border illegally? Canadians? Other nationalities who have a Canadian visa and decide to come over?
      Last edited by bozo; 01-15-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bozo View Post
        What is the process for transferring to the northern border? I know all new BP agents are assigned to the southern border, but how long must an agent stay at the southern border before being eligible for transfer to the northern border?

I know illegal border crossings along the northern border are not as common as the southern border, but who generally crosses the northern border illegally? Canadians? Other nationalities who have a Canadian visa and decide to come over?
        My guess would be that you're going to spend a minimum of 5 years on the SB. You will have to apply for a VRP (Voluntary Relocation Program) if they are open or do a job swap, which if I remember correctly, was squashed some time ago. I know with this last round of VRP's there is some question it might be cancelled due to budget issues, but don't quote me on that. During a VRP you're going to be competing with people who are senior to you. I am not exaclty sure how the selection process goes so I can't help you there, but you are years from even having to worry about it.

Actually, illegal crossers are not as uncommon as you might think. Here we have more call outs from local PD and SO for people they think are illegal. In Western ND they get alot of illegals working on the oil rigs and such. Every once in a while you do come across people trying to walk into Canada and sometimes those who have crossed into the US, but it is obviously nowhere near what you will get on the SB.

Comment

• OB scheduled for the 25th. May the games begin!

Comment

• Ob done since november no medical pft1 since.... The slow down has begun

Comment

• My brother who has been in BP for eight years in Chula Vista (San Diego) and has been conducting interviews told me that they are do send the first 500 to Arizona.

Comment

• No movement here since October. Nothing in terms of the background or drug test. We may have to start the process over too due to the end of FCIP.
                What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• No one has to start the process over do to FCIP. They are just changing the name of the program. All those that tested for the Northern Border are being processed first.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                    No one has to start the process over do to FCIP. They are just changing the name of the program. All those that tested for the Northern Border are being processed first.
                    Is that accurate information from a reliable source?... It makes sense why would they re-do the whole process that's redundet.

Comment

• NO, its completely unreliable. There will no longer be any NB applicants on 3/1. That's why you don't take hiring advice from applicants who know someone who heard from someone who has a brother who does OBs once every month or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                        NO, its completely unreliable. There will no longer be any NB applicants on 3/1. That's why you don't take hiring advice from applicants who know someone who heard from someone who has a brother who does OBs once every month or two.
                        Are you a BP Agent?

Comment

• The Northern Border applicants are getting the chance to fill the first 500 spots going to stations all over Arizona. They are also not doing the 2nd PTs and polys do to lack of funding.

Comment

• I highly doubt that information considering applicants who are EODing within the next month or so are still taking PFT2's and applicants are still getting polyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodymove54 View Post
                              Are you a BP Agent?
                              Yes as a matter of fact, he is! What he means is no one will be directly hired for the Northern Border. They will likely be offered a position in a SB sector.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                                The Northern Border applicants are getting the chance to fill the first 500 spots going to stations all over Arizona. They are also not doing the 2nd PTs and polys do to lack of funding.
                                Where are you getting this crap? NB applicants have to apply for the SB if they wish to be considered for the SB.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8137 users online. 418 members and 7719 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X