300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by legalchic View Post
    Unfortunately, most likely you will have to reapply. They simply cannot hire anyone who applied under an FCIP announcement after 2/28/11... no matter how much they have expended on your application process to date. The thing we have been waiting to see is whether a "tentative offer" is enough to keep the process going... or whether you actually have to EOD prior to March 1st. Hope for the best... but when you see the new vacancy announcements come out, make sure you apply.

I think the million dollar question is... If we applied back in Sep 2010 and are already in the hiring process are we good to go? DOes anyone know the answer to that question or has it even been decided yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
      thats the point of the elimination of FCIP, but what i dont get is why do they have to go to a whole new hiring process and make people retake the test that have literally been in the process for years when they can just start right now with giving the vets preference. i dont think im going to retake the border patrol test, id rather take the asvab just cause im getting nowhere with this job search
      I,m putting in a flight packet for Army WOFT. I got off active duty 2 years ago almost and have applied for 12 jobs while going to school full time. The only one I've been called for is Alaska Troopers but I couldn't afford the $2500 dollar 12 day trip to take the poly test and fitness test because I can't find a job to make the money. I can't even get a job at lowes or the home depot. Minneapolis has screwed my BP application up 3 times so far and now this garbage with the FCIP...had about all i can take of it and the Army is looking better and better every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
        I,m putting in a flight packet for Army WOFT. I got off active duty 2 years ago almost and have applied for 12 jobs while going to school full time. The only one I've been called for is Alaska Troopers but I couldn't afford the $2500 dollar 12 day trip to take the poly test and fitness test because I can't find a job to make the money. I can't even get a job at lowes or the home depot. Minneapolis has screwed my BP application up 3 times so far and now this garbage with the FCIP...had about all i can take of it and the Army is looking better and better every day.
        supposedly the alaska state trooper hiring process is brutally hard, i wouldn't mind the military at all if you were guaranteed your job after you pass the asvab. but they have needs they need to fill at any given time.
        officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Does anyone know of a good sorce to use to get more practice for the border patrol exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by legalchic View Post
            Unfortunately, most likely you will have to reapply. They simply cannot hire anyone who applied under an FCIP announcement after 2/28/11... no matter how much they have expended on your application process to date. The thing we have been waiting to see is whether a "tentative offer" is enough to keep the process going... or whether you actually have to EOD prior to March 1st. Hope for the best... but when you see the new vacancy announcements come out, make sure you apply.
            Are you saying that the process will start over and they will give out offers based on your score and not when you applied. I would think that is one of the only ways to make it fair for veterans. I'm fine with having to reapply but I don't think we should have to redo every part of the process.
            BPA -
            Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
            TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Hope my situation can help shed some light on the Internship situation.

I tested March '09
              OB April '09
              TO May '09
              TSU Sept '09
              Got the call last week on 1/7/11
              EOD 2/9/11

For what it's worth, over on the Honor First forums, there seem to be quite a few who got the call around the same time I did for the same place, Ajo, AZ.
              There are basically two kinds of people in this world. Those that believe in the moon landing and those that don't.
              http://unistat76.blogspot.com/

Comment

• #&@%!!!! Held up again!! Just got a call from medical. Have to go back to the clinic next week because they forgot SOMETHING ELSE!!! You'd think they would have caught that the FIRST TIME they reviewed it 3 months ago and found clerical problems with it!!! If I didn't need a job so bad I would consider this a hysterical reality of government run organizations. Instead its just the unfortunate reality of it...

I guess for those of you who are wondering if they're still processing applicants this is good news. Looks as though everything is running as normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by hexen220 View Post
                  supposedly the alaska state trooper hiring process is brutally hard, i wouldn't mind the military at all if you were guaranteed your job after you pass the asvab. but they have needs they need to fill at any given time.
                  Yes, I was one of few selected out of over 10,000 applicants to go up and do the PT test and poly. I put in over 100 hours on the enormous packet they make you fill out. They even review your hand writing. With the army you can select your job as long as its available at that time. You don't have to sign anything unless you know what you're going in for. They have a specific quota to meet for every MOS. If you meet the criteria for a job you want and the quota is not full, you can take it. Not sure about the other branches. Just got a call from BP medical saying I had to go back to the clinic again due to an error. I'll be working on my Army flight packet tonight...

Comment

x2 (except Navy). I'm graduated now but had been applying to more jobs than I kept count of during that time in school. I saw a commercial for one of those reality shows where one of the guys says, "if I wanted a job, I had to invent it". I'm really relating to that now, my modest LLC of profits the Secret Service made fun of getting me by now. Of course there is an element of "I won't go 'that' low" on job selection, but the market is a joke these days. Being an EMT in SoCal, just being a walk-in in the past, your hired, now I've tried four companies- nada.

Got an offer to go green, OCS, then either intel or signal corps reserve side- great resume builder, but I will need over a four month window where I can't apply, test, interview etc. Really wanting to take this opportunity while these G jobs do their circles, but I'm being strung along being told the BP process goes lightning fast, and ICE may be just around the corner.
                    USSS
                    Applied 07/28/10
                    TEA 10/06/10
                    COE 10/26/10- thought email was spam
                    COE 11/17/10 part deux, resent after calling
                    Initial Interview- face-palm

BPA
                    Applied 08/17/10
                    Test 10/14/10
                    NOR 10/20/10- GS5&7 98
                    TS 12/13/2010

FAMS
                    Applied 09/17/10
                    CO 11/01/10
                    Criminal/Credit Check 11/15/10
                    FAB 11/23/10
                    Panel PTA 12/01/10
                    Red X 12/13/10

CBP
                    Applied 11/17/10
                    Test 12/14/10
                    NOR 2/1/11: 93

FBI SA
                    Test- first FLEO test ever- Fail- face palm- learn.

Comment

• I tested September 09...I am still waiting for a BI to be complete and drug test. How long did your BI take?

Save the Republic

Comment

• Originally posted by coastal View Post
                        x2 (except Navy). I'm graduated now but had been applying to more jobs than I kept count of during that time in school. I saw a commercial for one of those reality shows where one of the guys says, "if I wanted a job, I had to invent it". I'm really relating to that now, my modest LLC of profits the Secret Service made fun of getting me by now. Of course there is an element of "I won't go 'that' low" on job selection, but the market is a joke these days. Being an EMT in SoCal, just being a walk-in in the past, your hired, now I've tried four companies- nada.

Got an offer to go green, OCS, then either intel or signal corps reserve side- great resume builder, but I will need over a four month window where I can't apply, test, interview etc. Really wanting to take this opportunity while these G jobs do their circles, but I'm being strung along being told the BP process goes lightning fast, and ICE may be just around the corner.
                        I don't know who told you the BP process goes lightning fast but they lied to you or they have a very different definition of fast than I do. Most of the guys that I have talked to on another forum that were just recently given an EOD in february applied back in March or April of 2009 so thats just short of two years.

Comment

#&@%!!!! Held up again!! Just got a call from medical. Have to go back to the clinic next week because they forgot SOMETHING ELSE!!! You'd think they would have caught that the FIRST TIME they reviewed it 3 months ago and found clerical problems with it!!! If I didn't need a job so bad I would consider this a hysterical reality of government run organizations. Instead its just the unfortunate reality of it...

I guess for those of you who are wondering if they're still processing applicants this is good news. Looks as though everything is running as normal.
                          Welcome to Govt service. It gets even better once you're hired. You'll have to do your personal inventory 5 times because each Sup in your chain of command is gonna loose a copy of it.

Comment

• Are there any BP Agents on here that work along the northern border? If so, I have some questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNCop2b View Post
                              Welcome to Govt service. It gets even better once you're hired. You'll have to do your personal inventory 5 times because each Sup in your chain of command is gonna loose a copy of it.
                              Ha ha, yeah I came to that realization about 6 years ago when I went active. Save your paper work and make copies because some other incompetent punk will lose it for you because he's in a hurry to make it to happy hour on wing night wednesday...It really bites but getting paid while it happens isn't quite as bad as it happening when you need a job. Life goes on though.

Comment

• Originally posted by smiley502 View Post
                                I am confused please help me understand. I applied for Border Patrol in September/2009 under the FCIP program. Will I be kicked out the system? I also have two checks left on the cass system to be checked off (drug test and BI).

For political heads. Would the Republicans taking back the senate: be the reason why the federal budget isn't singed yet?

You are fine. All they are doing is changing FCIP to another name. BP is hurting bad for people.

Save the Republic,
                                Smiley502

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13588 users online. 495 members and 13093 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X