300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
    How frequently do Agents find themselves in court on their off time?
    Never. Your shifts will be modified if you have court. You should never have to go during your off time. The only time something like that will happen is if you get scheduled at the last minute and there is no way to move your days off.

You will rarely ever have to go to court on simple arrests of illegal aliens. Most of the time you will only go to court on alien/drug smuggling cases. Even then, the AUSAs usually only accept slam-dunk cases, so most defendants plea out, and you won't have to go to court on a lot of them.
    Last edited by BigPat; 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I work 12 hour shifts and court is purposely scheduled for days off in order to facilitate patrol coverage. I would think that court iis not as frequent in BP as it is in Local Law Enforcement,. I'm looking forward to the schedule and a 10 hour day is alot shorter then a 12 hour day especially when you make a late arrest (And there is no overtime these days).
      Just because there is no overtime does not mean you won't be paid. OT is different from AUO; if you make an arrest at the end of your shift you get paid AUO til you go home, you'll never work for "free".

Comment

• That sounds great! What is fustrating is not having a full day off. Feb I have 10 different days I have to be in court, the more active you are the less time off and they don't compensate you with overtime.
        BPA -
        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
        TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

That sounds great! What is fustrating is not having a full day off. Feb I have 10 different days I have to be in court, the more active you are the less time off and they don't compensate you with overtime.
          I understand that! However, I do get an automatic 2 hours on special duty pay if I have court. If it goes over 2 hours I just keep adding the time. I always seem to have court on my days off and it's usually after working the night shift.

Comment

• So what was your salary in 2010 sir?

Comment

I don't think they will make those who already in the process start over because the cost would be huge. They will probably start as of 3/1 any future openings will be competitive, that would make more sense. Everything else would have to be "grandfathered" in
              Don't hold your breath for any "grandfathering."

Comment

• i was talking about my current law enforcement job they don't pay overtime, they make you burn your hours instead. Not convient to burn hours when they want you to.
                BPA -
                Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                  Don't hold your breath for any "grandfathering."
                  So how do you think they will handle the pool of applicants? Will we have to reapply?
                  BPA -

Comment

So how do you think they will handle the pool of applicants? Will we have to reapply?
                    Unfortunately, most likely you will have to reapply. They simply cannot hire anyone who applied under an FCIP announcement after 2/28/11... no matter how much they have expended on your application process to date. The thing we have been waiting to see is whether a "tentative offer" is enough to keep the process going... or whether you actually have to EOD prior to March 1st. Hope for the best... but when you see the new vacancy announcements come out, make sure you apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by legalchic View Post
                      Unfortunately, most likely you will have to reapply. They simply cannot hire anyone who applied under an FCIP announcement after 2/28/11... no matter how much they have expended on your application process to date. The thing we have been waiting to see is whether a "tentative offer" is enough to keep the process going... or whether you actually have to EOD prior to March 1st. Hope for the best... but when you see the new vacancy announcements come out, make sure you apply.
                      To reapply is one thing but to retest, redo paperwork, travel and interview is another! Hopefully we just have to reapply and all of the hoops that we have had to jump through will carry on. I feel for the guys that have been waiting for a long time and are futher in the process than me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                        To reapply is one thing but to retest, redo paperwork, travel and interview is another! Hopefully we just have to reapply and all of the hoops that we have had to jump through will carry on. I feel for the guys that have been waiting for a long time and are futher in the process than me.
                        Even if they said your test scores were good for the next announcement, I would retest if you didn't get a perfect score the first time. There's always the chance to do better... and now you will have hundreds or thousands of new applicants who will be on equal footing w/ you but they may score higher on the test. As for interviews - if you started the process long ago (or maybe even not so long ago) - the deciding officials and interviewers are probably different now. It totally sucks - but its out of our hands at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by legalchic View Post
                          Even if they said your test scores were good for the next announcement, I would retest if you didn't get a perfect score the first time. There's always the chance to do better... and now you will have hundreds or thousands of new applicants who will be on equal footing w/ you but they may score higher on the test. As for interviews - if you started the process long ago (or maybe even not so long ago) - the deciding officials and interviewers are probably different now. It totally sucks - but its out of our hands at this point.
                          I am a veteran that qualifies for 5 points. Under the new system will that benefit me more than it does now?

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                            I am a veteran that qualifies for 5 points. Under the new system will that benefit me more than it does now?
                            thats the point of the elimination of FCIP, but what i dont get is why do they have to go to a whole new hiring process and make people retake the test that have literally been in the process for years when they can just start right now with giving the vets preference. i dont think im going to retake the border patrol test, id rather take the asvab just cause im getting nowhere with this job search
                            officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• I am confused please help me understand. I applied for Border Patrol in September/2009 under the FCIP program. Will I be kicked out the system? I also have two checks left on the cass system to be checked off (drug test and BI).

For political heads. Would the Republicans taking back the senate: be the reason why the federal budget isn't singed yet?

Save the Republic,
                                Smiley502

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8593 users online. 443 members and 8150 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X