Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tentative offer

Comment

• well if they want to not spend as much money they dont have to send me a letter telling me that im qualified for gl5 when my cass told me the exact same thing like a month ago
      officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty80 View Post
        The current short term resolution carries through till March 4th... Congress waited till the last day of the last one to pass this one.... So I would say March 4th.
        Thanks bro. So what parts of the process are they still doing without the budget? I know medical is on hold. What about the oral boards or the 2nd packet of paperwork (BI I think)?

Comment

• Originally posted by rakkasan View Post
          Thanks bro. So what parts of the process are they still doing without the budget? I know medical is on hold. What about the oral boards or the 2nd packet of paperwork (BI I think)?
          Oral Boards and 2nd packets were being completed up until the end of Nov. 2010... if that helps. Then everything has seemed to stop from what I've heard...

Comment

• I haven’t heard anything since I completed the OB on 10/27/2010. Another guy that completed the written test and OB the same day as me received his BI forms probably a month ago....I’m patiently waiting for them.
            BP
            Applied online: 07/15/2010
            Written test: 08/23/2010
            Notice of Results(NOR) 09/01/2010 (91 score No Vet points) GS-7
            TSL: Received 09/15/2010--Submitted 09/29/2011
            OB: 10/27/2010 Passed
            PT1/Medical: 03/09/2011 Passed
            TSL2(BI forms): Received 03/18/2011-Submitted 03/27/2011
            Drug test: 04/05/2011
            BI meeting: 5/11/2011
            BI completed???
            TSU???
            EOD???

Comment

• Not sure if this helps but I took my OBs on Friday and I have already sent my bi paperwork back.

Comment

• Originally posted by AROD81 View Post
                Good Evening Gentlemen,

I just wanted to share my experience with the Oral Board in San Diego today. Guys if you are serious about this job, please wear a suit, shave the beard and do your research. I was amazed at some of the attire some of the people wore today. No disrespect to anyone, but you have to represent and look sharp like a razor. Maybe it is a good thing because it demonstrates to the agents who is serious about the job and who is not. Remember guys all it takes is one guy not to like you, don't give them a reason to not like you. Luckily for me, I was blessed this morning and passed my Oral Board.
                Hmmmm...seems I mentioned something about being prepared for this. Obviously some don't read the forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty80 View Post
                  i was under the impression that TOs were given out based on test score...

Step 4 - If you pass the written test, your name will go on a register of eligible persons. The Twin Cities Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) receives a new list from OPM every three weeks when testing is being done.

This is information received via email from the Twin Cities Hiring Center:

The higher you score on the test, the better your chances of getting called (and getting called earlier) will be. If you want to increase your chances of getting a higher score, I highly recommend the ONLY useful BP exam study guide.

www.honorfirst.com
                  Yes, which is exactly the point of the lawsuit. A veteran will get 5 to 10 points added to his score on the exam based on his Veteran's status. Yes, it does raise his score but does not make him a preference in hiring. Example: Joe Citizen gets a 90 on the exam, Johnny Veteran gets an 90 plus 5 points vets preference. Obviously Joe had a lower score but Johnny vet has a snag with his paperwork and Joe Citizen gets a an EOD date before Johnny. How is Johnny a preference in hiring? That has been the problem.

The Fed is supposed to hire in this order:

First Preference: Verterans with 30% or more disability
                  Second Pref: Veterans with less than 30% disability
                  Third Pref: Veterans - no disability
                  Fourth Pref: All other eligible civilians

This is the crux of the lawsuit that summarily ended the FCIP. The preference points were added to the Vets score but he/she was not hired in preference because they were using the test score to rank applicants and give out TO's and EOD dates. If they had ranked applicants by score within their preference, and handed out TO's and EOD dates accordingly, the FCIP might still be around.

What the end of the FCIP means to the Patrol (hopefully) will be a better quality of applicant/ agent than we have had over the last couple years. What this will mean for the Trainee (hopefully) is the reinstatement of the 6 and 10 month exams and hopefully tighter quality control on our finished product.
                  Last edited by MNCop2b; 01-11-2011, 02:15 AM. Reason: added more useful information

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodymove54 View Post
                    Not sure if this helps but I took my OBs on Friday and I have already sent my bi paperwork back.
                    Interesting! The forums on honorfirst.com also express it's slow... just a few chiming in saying it's moving along as well. Hmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by M_akaveli8 View Post
                      I haven’t heard anything since I completed the OB on 10/27/2010. Another guy that completed the written test and OB the same day as me received his BI forms probably a month ago....I’m patiently waiting for them.
                      I would call about your BI paperwork, I have the same TO date and I'm only waiting for my medical/fitness and that is because the budgets is behind. I did my bi paperwork in October.
                      BPA -
                      Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                      TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Just took the written exam this morning in Syracuse, NY.

Comment

• Because of all the %*&# going around, I have not checked my CASS since 11/2/10 till now. To my surprise, it updated once again. I went from 4 green checks to 5. My 2 pending are BI and Drug. For the longest time, CASS showed that my BI info had not been received even though it was sent back in October. Now it shows:

Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required.

Just an update.

Good luck…...

Comment

• This is for all you current BPA's. I currently work 12 hour shifts, we rotate every three weeks from days to nights. I work a minimum of 84 hours in a two week period but I always have overtime. I have every other weekend off and it is a 3 day weekend which is cool.

What can I expect as far as shifts go? From what I have gathered I can expect 100 hours a pay period, minumum. Is each station the same? Do most rotate days and nights? Do you rotate days off? For example, can I expect to have Monday and Tuesday off and work every weekend for the next couple of years until I gain seniority? Just curious, thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by rakkasan View Post
                              Oh I have no idea... I was just tracking the short term resolution... you would need to get with someine in the hiring process for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
                                This is for all you current BPA's. I currently work 12 hour shifts, we rotate every three weeks from days to nights. I work a minimum of 84 hours in a two week period but I always have overtime. I have every other weekend off and it is a 3 day weekend which is cool.

What can I expect as far as shifts go? From what I have gathered I can expect 100 hours a pay period, minumum. Is each station the same? Do most rotate days and nights? Do you rotate days off? For example, can I expect to have Monday and Tuesday off and work every weekend for the next couple of years until I gain seniority? Just curious, thanks in advance.
                                It depends on your Sector/Station. Down South I worked 6A-2P, 2P-10P or 10P-6A (obviously your AUO is at the end of those hours). It could be at your station you work 8A-4p etc., etc., but that schedule screws you out of double Sunday pay. We rotated shifts forward every 2 pay periods (basically every month). Up North is different because we are not manned as heavily as SB stations. We have people on 24/7 but we bid for shifts up here and rotate from day to night every 3 months. There is not standardized schedule in the Patrol, it is really all done how the PAIC (Patrol Agent In Charge) wants it done.

100 per week is not mandatory. AUO is not mandatory but it is a big part of your pay and sometimes it's unavoidable (hence Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime). As far as regular overtime is concerned...what is that? The only time you will see any real overtime is if you're on detail somewhere. You "could" work 8 and gate every day but it would not be looked upon well by your peers. With that said, if you're part of the program you can expect a 50 hour week at a minimum. Days off are requested in advance through a computerized system. Most Supervisors will do their best to accomodate your requests but sometimes not. They typically will schedule your days off together unless you have a real tool of a Sup. You will more than likely be working weekends and holidays for a while but not like a local PD where you do it for the first 15 years of your career.
                                Last edited by MNCop2b; 01-11-2011, 11:43 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4242 users online. 216 members and 4026 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X