300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smitty80 View Post
    LOL..Well that's really negative. We still have a few months before OPM decides what they are gonna do about FCIP. Nobody knows what they are gonna do until they do it. I don't think that the BP hiring process violated any Vet preferences, and the announcements were definetely publicly announced... I don't think any of us know what is gonna happen. Any opinions are purely speculation at this point... Lets all wait till March before we start crushing dreams.
    I don't think the process benefits veterans at all. A veteran receives 5 or 10 points added to their score and they don't issue out TOs based on your score. If the process actually went in score order then its a fair process but giving veteran points when the points don't mean anything, what is the point. The written test should be pass/fail because it doesn't matter if you get a 100 or a 70.
    BPA -
    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• It doesn't matter right now. However, at any time we could go back to using cut off scores to issue TOs.

Comment

• Excactly, a veteran doesn't receive any benefit from veteran points unless they start issuing TOs by scores. Maybe they will fix the system because there is no benefit to being a veteran and veterans bring a lot to the table.
        BPA -
        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
          I don't think the process benefits veterans at all. A veteran receives 5 or 10 points added to their score and they don't issue out TOs based on your score. If the process actually went in score order then its a fair process but giving veteran points when the points don't mean anything, what is the point. The written test should be pass/fail because it doesn't matter if you get a 100 or a 70.
          i was under the impression that TOs were given out based on test score...

Step 4 - If you pass the written test, your name will go on a register of eligible persons. The Twin Cities Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) receives a new list from OPM every three weeks when testing is being done.

This is information received via email from the Twin Cities Hiring Center:

The higher you score on the test, the better your chances of getting called (and getting called earlier) will be. If you want to increase your chances of getting a higher score, I highly recommend the ONLY useful BP exam study guide.

www.honorfirst.com
          Last edited by Smitty80; 01-09-2011, 10:12 PM. Reason: left out reference

Comment

• Originally posted by BPhopeful View Post
            hey guys I have the PT2 test coming up when I get the call and I have a question for whoever has done it before. Do you do the 1.5 mile run on a track or on the street typically, and do they let you run with a stop watch so you can time yourself?
            Did you apply during the '10 announcement or a previous one?
            ICE IEA
            May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
            June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
            July (7/20/09) - NOR
            August (8/17/09) - TO
            September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
            October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
            March '10 - Cleared Medical
            Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by Tr0uble86 View Post
              Did you apply during the '10 announcement or a previous one?
              Yea I applied in the 2010 announcement, However I have been waiting on the CBP position since 2008 and im in TSU for that as well. So when I applied to BP alot of my stuff carried over. I entered TSU in October for BP, and passed the polygraph last month. Just waiting on the call

Comment

• My brother who has been in BP for 8 years and is currently conducting interviews notified me that the next 500 that get called are all going to Arizona. He also indicated that those that have not cleared their medical are gonna have to wait a while since the BP has no funds for them as of right now. Therefore he also added that they are not conducting polys and PT2s because of funding.

For what's it worth this is coming from someone that works there and is conducting interviews.

Comment

• Well...good news for me is.. even if WE all have to start over because of FCIP.... I already took the test and have my results... so I would start out right where I left off... waiting on a TO. And if they give some incentive for veterans... even better.. I don't expect to see anything until March or April any way....Until then... ill be working out, running, and working at my current job. Life doesn't stop.

Comment

• The email that MHC sends out says that it's based on your score but initially they were handing out TO's if you pased the test but TO's went in date order. I took my test on the August 30 and received a TO on September 15 others that tested during that same period received TOs, didn't matter if they had a 70 or a 110.

As MadChicken stated earlier they probably will start using the scores because they have built an inventory and they are not sending TO's out like the were in August, September, and October.
                    BPA -

Comment

• Anyone know when this budget will pass so medical/interviews ect will continue?

I was qualified for GL5, but I still have "pending" on my CASS for pre employment forms. Should I call them and see if something is wrong or is this normal?

Comment

• No thats normal but if you want go call. Cass is usually slow as far as updating. As of right now everything kinda slowed down, hopefully it starts to pick up soon.

Comment

• I'm going to guess somewhere towards the end of FEB to the first week of March.
                          BPA -

Comment

• Originally posted by rakkasan View Post
                            Anyone know when this budget will pass so medical/interviews ect will continue?

I was qualified for GL5, but I still have "pending" on my CASS for pre employment forms. Should I call them and see if something is wrong or is this normal?
                            The current short term resolution carries through till March 4th... Congress waited till the last day of the last one to pass this one.... So I would say March 4th.

Comment

• Since test scores don't help a bit, apparently.....
                              Would it hep my process if I told them ill work anywhere rather than the one geographic area they made me designate, or does that not matter the slightest bit anyways?
                              USMS Region 3
                              Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                              Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                              Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                              BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                              Medical:2/15/10
                              MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                              FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                              Drug: 6/5/10
                              Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                              Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                              Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                              Written: 12/27/10
                              NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                              To:
                              Medical:

Comment

• I really don't want to sound dumb but for the life of me I can't recall what a TO is right now. Help?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8748 users online. 448 members and 8300 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X