Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Glider23 View Post
    Thanks, ...I think?
    Glider, google Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime (AUO). This is in place of LEAP, because BPA'a are not 1811 (Investigator's). Like he said, read all about all of this on honorfirst.org
    USMS Region 3
    Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
    Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
    Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
    BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
    Medical:2/15/10
    MedicalReview: 4/15/10
    FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
    Drug: 6/5/10
    Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
    Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
    Written: 12/27/10
    NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
    To:
    Medical:

Comment

• Of course...

CBP is actively looking into pay reform and one of the ideas being proposed is moving PAs from AUO to LEAP.

LEAP might be just around the corner...

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Good Evening Gentlemen,

I just wanted to share my experience with the Oral Board in San Diego today. Guys if you are serious about this job, please wear a suit, shave the beard and do your research. I was amazed at some of the attire some of the people wore today. No disrespect to anyone, but you have to represent and look sharp like a razor. Maybe it is a good thing because it demonstrates to the agents who is serious about the job and who is not. Remember guys all it takes is one guy not to like you, don't give them a reason to not like you. Luckily for me, I was blessed this morning and passed my Oral Board.

Comment

• Originally posted by AROD81 View Post
            Good Evening Gentlemen,

I just wanted to share my experience with the Oral Board in San Diego today. Guys if you are serious about this job, please wear a suit, shave the beard and do your research. I was amazed at some of the attire some of the people wore today. No disrespect to anyone, but you have to represent and look sharp like a razor. Maybe it is a good thing because it demonstrates to the agents who is serious about the job and who is not. Remember guys all it takes is one guy not to like you, don't give them a reason to not like you. Luckily for me, I was blessed this morning and passed my Oral Board.
            Did the agents share anything with you about what is going on with FCIP ending, budget freezes for medicals, hiring, anything?
            USMS Region 3

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
            To:
            Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
              We will sue and get flsa with leap if they try to cut our pay.
              I thought that your AUO was approximately (or less) 25% of your salary, and LEAP is exactly 25%. What else would change...i thought LEAP was a good thing, because you get it no matter if you work the extra time or not?
              USMS Region 3

To:
              Medical:

Comment

• On another note..... does ANYONE know or have a ballpark idea of how many positions the patrol is looking to fill.....2010, 2011 budgets, emergency hiring initiatives, normal attrition and turnover...anything??
                USMS Region 3

To:
                Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
                  Did the agents share anything with you about what is going on with FCIP ending, budget freezes for medicals, hiring, anything?
                  All they mentioned was that they are waiting for the federal budget to pass. They said that once this takes place everything will move fairly fast. They did not provide a time frame for this, but they were very positive that the process will speed up. I hope this helps, but everything is in Uncle Sam's hands for now. Just keep busy and motivated, and run!!!!!

Comment

On another note..... does ANYONE know or have a ballpark idea of how many positions the patrol is looking to fill.....2010, 2011 budgets, emergency hiring initiatives, normal attrition and turnover...anything??
                    The last I heard the patrol was possibly hiring up to 2,200 agents. Part was a border security bill signed by President Obama (1,200 agents) and the other was due to attrition (1,000). If you look back through the forum you should be able to find several comments and media links on the subject. I've also read on other forums that the patrol has a new academy class scheduled for every week in 2011.

Don't quote me on that information but that is what I remember from previous posts.

Comment

• so i got a letter today saying im disqualified. Apparently I wont have my bachelors degree by their "cut off" date, since im still in school. Idc, was a bachelors degree even necessary with prior LE experience?
                      Oh well, time to move onto something better!
                      Last edited by rocknroll; 01-07-2011, 12:44 PM.
                      “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

• Uhh did you fill out the GL5 or only the GL7-9 qualifications sheet?

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocknroll View Post
                            so i got a letter today saying in disqualified. Apparently I wont have my bachelors degree by their "cut off" date, since im still in school. Idc, was a bachelors degree even necessary with prior LE experience?
                            Oh well, time to move onto something better!
                            If you are trying to qualify for Gs9 only using education with very little leo experience, then you might have sunk yourself if you didn't say that you would be willing to accept a GS7 or GS5 position. I would call Minnesota and talk to them about re-sbmitting your grade determination packet, however it is probably too late. The application specifically says that if you apply only for a grade that you are not qualified for, you may be canned.
                            USMS Region 3

To:
                            Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                              AUO comes with FLSA which in a standard 100 hour pay period (50 hr week) equals out to 25% AUO and 8% FLSA of your base pay. The amount of FLSA you get increases depending on how much more you work over the standard 50 in a pay period.(not by much but it still goes up) With leap it is 25% of your base pay regardless of whether you work a 50 hr week or a 80 hr week. The Patrol has some supervisors who would be very abusive to PAs if they could work them non stop without having to pay them anything more. AUO/FLSA is not perfect though. The job likes to threaten PAs with leap all the time and if you get injured in the line of duty you can possibly lose AUO and be decertified. If you get decertified, it can take months and months to build back your AUO average. With leap, they cannot threaten to take away your pay if you get injured in the line of duty but it also has many pitfalls. The Patrol is in a major cost cutting mode right now. Nothing they do would surprise me at this point.
                              I see, thanks.
                              USMS Region 3

To:
                              Medical:

Comment

If you are trying to qualify for Gs9 only using education with very little leo experience, then you might have sunk yourself if you didn't say that you would be willing to accept a GS7 or GS5 position. I would call Minnesota and talk to them about re-sbmitting your grade determination packet, however it is probably too late. The application specifically says that if you apply only for a grade that you are not qualified for, you may be canned.
                                I only submitted the GS9 packet. They came back and said that I was qualified for GS7, which I am going to attempt to send in info to get the GS9. I never filled out the GS5 or GS7 packets.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6722 users online. 315 members and 6407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X