300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
    Out of curiosity... the BP website says that it is our financial responsibility to get to and from the PFT2, and also to our first duty station. I spoke with a person, however, that told me that while you do have to pay for your transportation for both, you can expect to be re-imbursed at some point in the future. Has anyone found any truth to this, this is my first time hearing this...?
    I don't see any way that you could be reimbursed for the PFT2, as you are not employed by the agency at the time of the test. As for transportation from the Academy to your duty station, when you get to your duty station from the academy, you will fill out a final travel voucher where they will reimburse you for POV mileage from the academy to your duty station. If I remember right it was several hundred dollars, but I went to the academy in Charleston, so the mileage was substantially more than it is now with the academy being in NM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty80 View Post
      Did the BP hiring process shut down?
      No, but the announcement just closed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
        Out of curiosity... the BP website says that it is our financial responsibility to get to and from the PFT2, and also to our first duty station. I spoke with a person, however, that told me that while you do have to pay for your transportation for both, you can expect to be re-imbursed at some point in the future. Has anyone found any truth to this, this is my first time hearing this...?
        You are reposnsible for all travel to your first duty station, to include the hotel stay for 2 to 3 nights before you EOD. Once you EOD/ get on the plane you start getting paid. The only reimbursement you may get is for baggage fees associated with the flight to Artesia, other than that it's all on you.

Comment

• Stupid question but was all tests that were originally scheduled to be held in 2011 canceled? I was scheduled to take the BP test later in this month and have heard nothing from them other then receiving the Admission Notice a few months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolf9848 View Post
            Stupid question but was all tests that were originally scheduled to be held in 2011 canceled? I was scheduled to take the BP test later in this month and have heard nothing from them other then receiving the Admission Notice a few months ago.
            If you haven't heard anything, assume it is still on. I imagine they would tell you if it were cancelled. I never heard anything about my test after the admission notice, I don't really see why you would hear anything. Call the OPM testing number on your admission notice a few days before the test if you are that worried, they can tell you if it is on or not.
            USMS Region 3
            Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
            Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
            Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
            BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
            Medical:2/15/10
            MedicalReview: 4/15/10
            FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
            Drug: 6/5/10
            Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
            Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
            Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
            Written: 12/27/10
            NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
            To:
            Medical:

Comment

• Hey guys first time poster, long time reader here. I am in tsu since october and passed the poly last month. No questions just hoping to see some of ya at the academy. Lets hope we all get the call soon.

Comment

• I was scheduled to take the exam in April and I just got a email saying that they reschedued my exam date to March. Is this normal? Can they automatically change your exam date?

Comment

• I got my NOR in mind October. Just now my CASS updated to show I am qualified for GS-5. I guess the next step will be the oral board because the medical looks like its frozen due to funding issues?

Comment

• Originally posted by rakkasan View Post
                    I got my NOR in mind October. Just now my CASS updated to show I am qualified for GS-5. I guess the next step will be the oral board because the medical looks like its frozen due to funding issues?
                    i got my very first green check mark about 2 or 3 weeks ago and nothing at all since then so you might be right
                    officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• Question for anyone: I heard that the Minnesota boarder is a hard to fill position and that if I applied with the intent of going there, I wouldn't be sent to the SW but assigned there right away. Any truth to that? Also, do you guys get LEAP?

Comment

• Oh, and don't bite my head off, I've only STARTED to gather info on BP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glider23 View Post
                          Question for anyone: I heard that the Minnesota boarder is a hard to fill position and that if I applied with the intent of going there, I wouldn't be sent to the SW but assigned there right away. Any truth to that? Also, do you guys get LEAP?
                          First of all its Minnesota border. Northern border positions are not being filled right now, Southern border is the priority. You will be sent to the SB for x amount of years until you can get a transfer up to the NB, which is very unlikely right now. There is no truth to your statement. BPA's get AUO not LEAP. Read up on the BPA pages on this forum as well as HonorFirst.

Comment

• Thanks, ...I think?

Comment

• Check this site and forum...Honorfirst.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolf9848 View Post
                                Stupid question but was all tests that were originally scheduled to be held in 2011 canceled? I was scheduled to take the BP test later in this month and have heard nothing from them other then receiving the Admission Notice a few months ago.
                                I received a reminder about two days before the test. It was emailed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7911 users online. 217 members and 7694 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X