Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone gotten any new intel to what is going to happen to the applicant pool due to the elimination of the FCIP?
    USBP
    Written Exam: 8-20-2010
    NOR: 8-25-2010 (93)
    TO: 9-10-2010
    PFT1/Medical: 11-9-2010
    OB: 11-28-2010
    Drug Test: 2-2-2011
    BI Interview: 4-19-2011
    The call: 7-8-11 (Douglas, Az)
    EOD: 7-28-11

CBP
    TO: 6-15-2011
    PFT1: 7-8-2011

Comment

Last edited by MNCop2b; 01-03-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbauz View Post
        MNCOP2BE : Hey sh*t bag I was asking a question because "Border Patrol" - "Border Points of Entry".... retarded question? I wish I knew everything like you. Go shovel snow.

Oh and after your done with your sarcasm read the friggin article which says Border Patrol at a Point of Entry - the reason for my "retarded" question, and if you dont';t know how to point and click Ill post part of the article for you a-hole:

"BROWNSVILLE, TX -- U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers and Border Patrol agents conducting outbound enforcement operations at the Brownsville Port of Entry seized $277,405 in bulk U.S. currency."

http://www.thecypresstimes.com/artic...PERATION/34874
        Now it' seven a more stupid question because the article EXPLAINED why they were there.

Oh, and Border Points of Entry = Customs and Border Protection Officer NOT Border Patrol Agent, thus knowing the duties fo the job you've applied for.

And Smitty, you don't even rate to CALL me Marine you friggin Chairborne Ranger.
        Last edited by MNCop2b; 01-03-2011, 10:46 PM. Reason: OP is an idiot

Comment

• sure grouch .. go back to bed. I don't even want your input. There's a place for old grouchy people like you.

I was looking for honest information after reading the article. You act like its common knowledge what the terminology is for some special operation with the border patrol:

"Sunday, CBP officers and Border Patrol agents working outbound enforcement operations at the Gateway International Bridge came in contact with a red 2002 Ford F-150 as it attempted to exit the United States and enter Mexico."

Boy, yea it's all spelled out to me know. I know my mistake. I should have known what an outbound enforcement operation was, and know that this isn't something that a Border Patrol Agent does normally.

I sure hope your not a recruiter or a field training officer. Because you sure have damaged my opinion of BPA's, and I would hate to see what effect your negativity has on a new Agent.

Don't come onto a website where people are trying to learn and better themselves just to be a grouchy a**hole.

I've been in law enforcement for over a decade sir, and I have learned there is no reason to talk down to someone who doesn't understand everything in your field. Maybe you have been there forever, but it still doesn't give you any reason to be a typical old monger.
          Last edited by bigbauz; 01-03-2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbauz View Post
            sure grouch .. go back to bed. I don't even want your input. There's a place for old grouchy people like you.

I was looking for honest information after reading the article. You act like its common knowledge what the terminology is for some special operation with the border patrol:

"Sunday, CBP officers and Border Patrol agents working outbound enforcement operations at the Gateway International Bridge came in contact with a red 2002 Ford F-150 as it attempted to exit the United States and enter Mexico."

Boy, yea it's all spelled out to me know. I know my mistake. I should have known what an outbound enforcement operation was, and know that this isn't something that a Border Patrol Agent does normally.

I sure hope your not a recruiter or a field training officer. Because you sure have damaged my opinion of BPA's, and I would hate to see what effect your negativity has on a new Agent.

Don't come onto a website where people are trying to learn and better themselves just to be a grouchy a**hole.

I've been in law enforcement for over a decade sir, and I have learned there is no reason to talk down to someone who doesn't understand everything in your field. Maybe you have been there forever, but it still doesn't give you any reason to be a typical old monger.
            A cop for over a decade?...obviously not an investigator. Did you take your current job without researching the department, their work and the duties of the job? I didn't think so. So why have you not done the same thing with the Border Patrol. If you HAD done the research you would have found the answers to your questions because it is all public knowledge available on the internet, ESPECIALLY the outbound operations that had been FRONT PAGE NEWS when DHS Secretary Napolitano publicly announced them.

If you got this butt hurt over this exchange you may want to think of a different career because this was nothing compared to what you will get at the Academy or in the FTO program if you make it. Your 10 years as a cop will mean absolutely nothing to your instructors or FTO. I'd hate to see how you respond to the perps you arrest who call you names or something worse than this. I would have though you'd have thicker skin for being a cop for over a decade.

Comment

• To all you aplicants, this should be a good example of what not to do. When you apply with an agency, ANY AGENCY, you should know as much as possible about the agency, it's mission, it's leaders and the duties of the job you are applying for. Go ahead and NOT take my advice and you WILL NOT pass your interview if you get to that point. When you interview you will be in front of a Supervisory Border Patrol Agent and 2 other seasoned Patrol Agents, they will NOT BE NICE. They will grill you and if you know nothing about the agency or the job you WILL NOT pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNCop2b View Post
                A cop for over a decade?...obviously not an investigator. Did you take your current job without researching the department, their work and the duties of the job? I didn't think so. So why have you not done the same thing with the Border Patrol. If you HAD done the research you would have found the answers to your questions because it is all public knowledge available on the internet, ESPECIALLY the outbound operations that had been FRONT PAGE NEWS when DHS Secretary Napolitano publicly announced them.

If you got this butt hurt over this exchange you may want to think of a different career because this was nothing compared to what you will get at the Academy or in the FTO program if you make it. Your 10 years as a cop will mean absolutely nothing to your instructors or FTO. I'd hate to see how you respond to the perps you arrest who call you names or something worse than this. I would have though you'd have thicker skin for being a cop for over a decade.
                To be fair, Border Patrol isn't exactly forthcoming with information on themselves. Most agencies I have ever researched talk about themselves, promote their special divisions/task forces, etc. If I wasn't extremely anal in my research (not to mention desperate to get the job and waiting day after day for word), I never would have even known about the BP BORSTAR or BORTAC, much less their involvement in JTTF's or other multi-agency operations. As a matter of fact, to my recollection, the Border Patrol website contains no information in the way of "here is what you can do/move into after a few years of service". They seem to rely (rightly so) on the fact that people want the job so bad, they don't even care about the benefits. They are selling a hot product, and they are sold out.

When you joined the Marine's, on day one (or how about at MEPS?), did you know everything and anything to know about the Corps, or did you have a basic guideline and you added to your knowledge?

Can we pleeease just wipe the slate clean and make nice here?
                Here's to the border in 2011 <tips coffee cup>
                USMS Region 3
                Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                Medical:2/15/10
                MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                Drug: 6/5/10
                Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                Written: 12/27/10
                NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                To:
                Medical:

Comment

Oh you didn't hurt my feelings old man. I'm just shocked about people like you and your unecessary attitude.

Oh, and trust me, Im not scared of a grouchy attitude. Who said anything about being hurt, I'm just shocked by a*sholes like you who have nothing better to do besides be a forum bully.

And just to prove your an assumptive *****; I've been a gang investigator in a major city for over 3 years, and a major case investigator for 2 now. I've also been to 2 different academies, so don't think your some billy bad a*s.

I guess your also assuming that I am an applicant for to be a BPA, which I'm not. I was just on the board reading up and doing my own RESEARCH - but your the trained investigator.
                  Last edited by bigbauz; 01-04-2011, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Now it' seven a more stupid question because the article EXPLAINED why they were there.

Oh, and Border Points of Entry = Customs and Border Protection Officer NOT Border Patrol Agent, thus knowing the duties fo the job you've applied for.

And Smitty, you don't even rate to CALL me Marine you friggin Chairborne Ranger.
                    LOL I thought we were all gonna be friends.... I thought you were a Marine. So I referred to you as one. I served in the Army for 8 years and lead a Recon section during two different combat tours. I pulled triggers along side of SF, Rangers, and Marines in Fallujah and Baghdad. I have respect for any man or woman that puts on a uniform in service of their country or community. But... that's just me.. Let us all just hope and pray that we live to be as dangerously close to mandatory retirement as yourself. Yes you are right... you are not a rookie, because you already know everything... But you are sir...a deuche bag.

Comment

• The ole Marine needs to go back to the VA for some more chill pills.
                      Last edited by afveteran; 01-04-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Last edited by DeltaFox2; 01-04-2011, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Hey fu**tard. You are just a ball of contradictions. What do you think bigbauz
                          is doing by asking questions on an open forum? He is researching and
                          investigating information that he doesn't know. If you had any
                          experience doing investigations you'll know that one of the first things
                          investigators do is to research open source forums like this one where
                          information is readily available. He obviously does not know too much
                          about Border Patrol operations, but by asking questions on an open forum
                          like this one he's acquiring the necessary knowledge to maybe one day be
                          a know-it-all like you.
                          Go back to your launch position and make sure you don't miss those 10-18s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty80 View Post
                            LOL I thought we were all gonna be friends.... I thought you were a Marine. So I referred to you as one. I served in the Army for 8 years and lead a Recon section during two different combat tours. I pulled triggers along side of SF, Rangers, and Marines in Fallujah and Baghdad. I have respect for any man or woman that puts on a uniform in service of their country or community. But... that's just me.. Let us all just hope and pray that we live to be as dangerously close to mandatory retirement as yourself. Yes you are right... you are not a rookie, because you already know everything... But you are sir...a deuche bag.
                            I know it's early to be saying this, since it is only Jan 4,but...........best post of the year! Simple, concise, and to the point, a sting in the words without it being to harsh......PERFECTION.
                            USMS Region 3

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                            To:
                            Medical:

Comment

• Out of curiosity... the BP website says that it is our financial responsibility to get to and from the PFT2, and also to our first duty station. I spoke with a person, however, that told me that while you do have to pay for your transportation for both, you can expect to be re-imbursed at some point in the future. Has anyone found any truth to this, this is my first time hearing this...?
                              USMS Region 3

To:
                              Medical:

Comment

• Did the BP hiring process shut down?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5330 users online. 282 members and 5048 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X