Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got an email asking me to elaborate and be more detailed about some questions on my GS 7 paperwork. Sent it back about a week ago, now my CASS says " not applicable" for Qualifications. Should I be worried?

Comment

• I took the written exam on 12/17 and received my results yesterday (90%). I was wondering what do I have to do now? Can I log onto CASS or do I have to wait for another email? The email I got with my results was very vague and didn't offer any insight of the next step.

Does anyone know normally how long until I receive another email/contact from them after hearing my results.

Thank you in advance
      BE SAFE

Comment

• Originally posted by jrsadowski View Post
        I took the written exam on 12/17 and received my results yesterday (90%). I was wondering what do I have to do now? Can I log onto CASS or do I have to wait for another email? The email I got with my results was very vague and didn't offer any insight of the next step.

Does anyone know normally how long until I receive another email/contact from them after hearing my results.

Thank you in advance
        BE SAFE

I received a 91 in October and haven't heard anything since so plan on waiting awhile.

Comment

• Just got paperwork yesterday saying I need doctors to sign off on some past medical issues I had. (An orthopedist for a knee and leg surgery and a pulmonologist for my sleep apnea) I don't mind that much that they want additional information but I do mind the time frame. I haven't seen either of these doctors in over 7 years and now I have until January 19th to get in to see them and have them fill out paperwork. Hoepfully the receptionist takes pitty on me and squeezes me in for an appointment.

Comment

• Is the border patrol agent position competitive ? I'm scheduled to take the exam next month, if I score high and the process goes smoothly, will it be possible to make the academy within a year?

Comment

• This current announcement was expected to be cut off at 100,000 applicants. Its possible, however you still have applicants from the past 2-3 years moving through the hiring process at the same time. New classes of 50 start every week.

Comment

• Wow, 2-3 years? That's a long wait.

Comment

• There was a back log from the 2007-2009 hiring push. when hiring slowed back down the process went from 4-12 months total to a year or more just waiting for the call after being cleared for hire.

Comment

• That sucks. Do a lot of rookie agents quit because of actually going through the extreme work conditions?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDHotShot View Post
                      That sucks. Do a lot of rookie agents quit because of actually going through the extreme work conditions?
                      My class had 17 trainees that went to my station, one transfered to ICE and is trying to get back in green and one was LODD last year, the rest are all in green still and split between our working the line at our station, BORSTAR, BORTAC, AMU, and other specialty units.

But every class, every trainee is different... Some classes have multiple trainees quit or get fired.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me on average how long it takes to get on with the Border Patrol? I am currently waiting on the call from the Secret Service UD and I am considering applying for the Border Patrol as well. My main goal is to get some experience and then become an 1811.

Comment

• http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

Obama to shut down Federal Career Intern Program

President Obama plans to issue an executive order, perhaps as early as this week, ending a federal internship program that critics say circumvents proper hiring practices.

Since it began in 2001, the Federal Career Intern Program has been used to hire more than 100,000 people - few of them interns as traditionally understood and many of them border and customs officers who later became permanent-status federal employees.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• If that order is issued does that mean the Border Patrol will drop all our applications(Will it be effective immediately)? I am sure they will have to create a new hiring process so that will increase the wait time if they keep the applications on file!!

Comment

• I was wondering when this drama would make it over here...

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                                I was wondering when this drama would make it over here...
                                Why do you say that? Are you against it or for it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9967 users online. 516 members and 9451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X