Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    This will NEVER happen. This is the reason:
    True, but there are ways around everything, it's all in the wording. Look at the Coast Guard, they are "military", but perform patrol work in our harbors, random interdiction checks, narcotics investigations, illegal alien interdiction, etc.
    USMS Region 3
    Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
    Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
    Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
    BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
    Medical:2/15/10
    MedicalReview: 4/15/10
    FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
    Drug: 6/5/10
    Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
    Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
    Written: 12/27/10
    NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
    To:
    Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
      No matter how often people want to use the "war" metaphor to describe the situation on the border, enforcing immigration and customs laws should be treated as a civilian law enforcement matter.
      I agree. However.....if you want to get philosphical.........law enforcement comes in when Laws are being broken. Military action comes in when borders are threatened by hostile forces. Is there any other country in the world that "defends" its border with police officers, when said border is under constant assault? The military is routinely used as border security in every other country. Here we have that annoying constitution ( ) , but how many times has that been changed/altered/ignored to suit the political prevailing wind?
      USMS Region 3
      Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
      Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
      Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
      BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
      Medical:2/15/10
      MedicalReview: 4/15/10
      FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
      Drug: 6/5/10
      Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
      Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
      Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
      Written: 12/27/10
      NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
      To:
      Medical:

Comment

• Ok guys lets get back on track. Have any of the August testers here heard from a background investigator, completed the drug test or polygraph?

Comment

• No...Minneapolis is playing with my emotions. Scored a 99 on the test, did awesome on the interview, med, PT, got all my documents in. But they've lost my paper work, someone forgot to fill something out for me, then forgot to send it where ever they send it, and now they wont return my phone calls or email. I understand "they're busy," but D&%N...I've had to walk them through this thing. If anyones made it that far, lucky them. I can't get anything else checked off on CASS until I get this stuff figured out.

Comment

• I only have the drug test and BI left to get checked off on my CASS. It took almost 11 weeks to check off my medical. I guess we still have to wait for them to sign the budget.

Comment

• Everything checked on cass system except BI and drug test. I got something in the mail from transunion stating that CBP has called for my public records on the 12th and 10th from experian!!

Comment

• Same thing here. Just the background investigation and drug test.

Quick question, On cass does it say Background Forms received pending completeness of oral,drug,med,fitness?? or does it say its in the security office?

-Jon-

Comment

• Drug Screening pending Your drug test is pending at this time.

Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office.

this is what it states for me!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
                    No...Minneapolis is playing with my emotions. Scored a 99 on the test, did awesome on the interview, med, PT, got all my documents in. But they've lost my paper work, someone forgot to fill something out for me, then forgot to send it where ever they send it, and now they wont return my phone calls or email. I understand "they're busy," but D&%N...I've had to walk them through this thing. If anyones made it that far, lucky them. I can't get anything else checked off on CASS until I get this stuff figured out.
                    I got my test results back this Tuesday, 12/21, got a 92%. Realistically, how long of a wait do I have until things start going? Any guesses on how long I could expect to wait until I'd be going to the academy? Haha trying to see if I should get a part time job or something while I wait, if I decide to go with Border Patrol. Thanks!
                    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke

Comment

• I would get any job I could. You're talking about a year wait. Those of us who tested in August were indicated in the hiring announcement that we would be processed fast. Well we are coming up on five months and we are still looking to at least another 4 would be my guess. Get a job.

Comment

• You have a lot more than 9 months to be hired. There are people that have been waiting for a year or two to be hired that are ahead of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                          I only have the drug test and BI left to get checked off on my CASS. It took almost 11 weeks to check off my medical. I guess we still have to wait for them to sign the budget.
                          Is your pre-employment forms spot checked off? Pre-employment forms, BI, Drug test are what I don't have checks on. I'm an EHC, August tester as well.

I may be late on this but just FYI for those thinking of applying...the announcement has now been changed to close on 12/31/10.

Comment

• Can you retest if you scored low on the test?

Just re-read the announcement...got my answer! Good luck to all! Happy Holidays as well!
                            Last edited by annv06; 12-23-2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Belick View Post
                              Is your pre-employment forms spot checked off? Pre-employment forms, BI, Drug test are what I don't have checks on. I'm an EHC, August tester as well.

I may be late on this but just FYI for those thinking of applying...the announcement has now been changed to close on 12/31/10.
                              If your pre employment forms aren't checked off I'd call. I called and they lost my citizenship/ residency form and the lady said it was holding that check off. So they may have lost something of yours. I just faxed mine back a couple days ago so hoping that did the trick. She sent it to me via email.

Comment

• Yeah, I'd def get a job. It doesn't have to be a career but it could be years before BP gets around to you. I spent over 6 years in the Army. If there's one thing I learned its not to wait around for the government. Don't expect a speedy, swift, or easy process. It's going to be drawn out and annoying. Don't keep all your apples in one basket either, find other jobs that interest you. I just got called up for alaska state troopers but... I realized I'd be stuck in alaska...not that that would be bad, but its 5000 miles from home. That process was twice as hard as BP. They don't joke around when it comes to hiring.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4979 users online. 231 members and 4748 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X