Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol Agent

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=240945

    yeah...I just found it.

    Comment


    • Hi all,
      I took the test a week ago today (12/14/10) and got NOR today, 92% - I'm happy with that!
      I live in Nebraska, put California as preference...now thinking about it, would I have helped my chances with getting hired faster if I had said Arizona or Texas?
      "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke

      Comment


      • ................
        Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:56 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
          What's the average salary of a BPA after 10 years? Without OT.
          Well, my brother has been in for eight years in San Diego/Chula Vista sector and I believe he's somewhere between $4200 and $4400 every two weeks gross. Hope that helps.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post

            OK....Ok...that article would be obliterated in a critical thinking college course. It is full of bias, propganda and half truths While there is no doubt in my mind that the border patrol and every other agency isn't perfect. I think this guy used this unfortunate incident to give himself a platform to ramble. It is part of my use of force continuum to try and use non lethal force before lethal force.. if possible...as probably for every agencies... BORTAC is an elite tactical unit, under equipped..... probably not... anyone in BORTAC chime in. YOu can't make me believe a tactical unit brought beans to a bullet fight. Don't portray a tactical ops team as a bunch of mindless idiots from a pedastal of hinesight. However..... I do see a point to his rambling.


            I do believe the cartels are hiring mercenaries to transport and guard their shipments... They have been doing it for years. I agree that there are some times when agents are gonna need armor and automatic weapons. I believe they need rapid access to them. But where do we draw the line between Military and Border Patrol...or do we. That is gonna be interesting to watch how DHS handles that situation.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Smitty80 View Post
              I do believe the cartels are hiring mercenaries to transport and guard their shipments... They have been doing it for years. I agree that there are some times when agents are gonna need armor and automatic weapons. I believe they need rapid access to them. But where do we draw the line between Military and Border Patrol...or do we. That is gonna be interesting to watch how DHS handles that situation.
              they don't need rapid access to them, they need the freedom to determine what equipment is necessary for the mission without any restrictions.

              Comment


              • US should treat Mexican military just like smugglers/illegal aliens. There have been incidents where a couple Mexican military vehicles have drove straight through the fence border and bypassed BPAs with their sirens flashing and still kept going. When they finally stopped. They said "we got lost".

                Comment


                • Which is why some people feel that USBP should become the 6th member of the Armed Forces. I don't think it would make much difference other than possibly opening up additional avenues of funding. Would further militarizing the BP be productive? Could possibly be. But, the question is....would our society back it? In this day and age, people are very quick to say we need to stop trafficking across the border but will repeal that if things get to looking too aggressive. There'd be an uproar if USBP started patrolling the fences in Bearcats with roof mounted M240s. It comes from a number of factors. First of all is public ignorance. Most of them have no clue about the drugs, the cartels, the weapons, the attacks on agents EVERYDAY. The majority of them think the problem at the border is people crossing the border just looking for a better life. This brings us to factor #2. The Woodstock crowd. I've heard it several times from Left Wingists that Border Patrol is a bunch of racist white guys trying to keep the minorities out. Obviously they missed the memo that a huge number of agents are Hispanic...whatever. So now we take our "racist white guys" and we equip them to take down Baghdad and it becomes a public relations disaster. Suddenly you have Congress members saying we need to tune it down at the Border and they'll bring in little fact charts showing that BP is ineffective for the cost... they did it with FAMS. Brings us to factor #3, funding. Where would the money come from? Exactly...I don't know either. My opinion is until we get a President who is seriously gung ho about Homeland Security, the only addition to Border Patrol will be little hiring spurts like we're seeing now.

                  Comment


                  • I agree....

                    Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
                    Which is why some people feel that USBP should become the 6th member of the Armed Forces. I don't think it would make much difference other than possibly opening up additional avenues of funding. Would further militarizing the BP be productive? Could possibly be. But, the question is....would our society back it? In this day and age, people are very quick to say we need to stop trafficking across the border but will repeal that if things get to looking too aggressive. There'd be an uproar if USBP started patrolling the fences in Bearcats with roof mounted M240s. It comes from a number of factors. First of all is public ignorance. Most of them have no clue about the drugs, the cartels, the weapons, the attacks on agents EVERYDAY. The majority of them think the problem at the border is people crossing the border just looking for a better life. This brings us to factor #2. The Woodstock crowd. I've heard it several times from Left Wingists that Border Patrol is a bunch of racist white guys trying to keep the minorities out. Obviously they missed the memo that a huge number of agents are Hispanic...whatever. So now we take our "racist white guys" and we equip them to take down Baghdad and it becomes a public relations disaster. Suddenly you have Congress members saying we need to tune it down at the Border and they'll bring in little fact charts showing that BP is ineffective for the cost... they did it with FAMS. Brings us to factor #3, funding. Where would the money come from? Exactly...I don't know either. My opinion is until we get a President who is seriously gung ho about Homeland Security, the only addition to Border Patrol will be little hiring spurts like we're seeing now.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NJ607 View Post
                      they don't need rapid access to them, they need the freedom to determine what equipment is necessary for the mission without any restrictions.
                      basically you are saying what I am. By rapid access I mean in the truck with you. not sitting in a locker room.

                      Most of the time you don't have the luxury of knowing what you are going to face until the moment is upon you. You have a pretty good idea of your potential threat level and your probable threat level. I was saying you need the flexibi"lity to be able to access the tools needed to defeat what ever you come across. Your point would also bring up training.... Are BP agents properly trained to handle an "8 man weapons squad" if he finds them in the woods all alone?
                      I agree that the people that decide what we do for Public Relations shouldn't decided how we react if an agent's life is threatened.

                      Comment


                      • I find it funny that a bunch of people (here, in other threads, and on the news) who don't know what equipment USBP has or how they are trained are trying to MMQ the Patrol. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad people are finally realizing that what the talking heads say and the media reports isn't the truth down here.

                        Honestly, the problem is with the rest of the gov. If Social Security and IRS would actually work with ICE and BP and our gov actually made it difficult for the same SSN to be working in 12 different states under different names at the same time for 15 years or maybe if our ports of entry were more worried about catching the hundreds of millions of tons of narcotics being waved into the US without inspection instead of worrying about wait times at the border, then the illegal aliens, smugglers, and cartels wouldn't be so thoroughly entrenched across our country.

                        If things like this, that most people never thought of before, were fixed, then we wouldn't have to worry about training agents in tactics for CQB with automatic weapons when outnumbered on the side of a mountain or talk about militarizing the Patrol or the Dream Act or amnesty.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
                          Which is why some people feel that USBP should become the 6th member of the Armed Forces. I don't think it would make much difference other than possibly opening up additional avenues of funding. Would further militarizing the BP be productive? Could possibly be. But, the question is....would our society back it? In this day and age, people are very quick to say we need to stop trafficking across the border but will repeal that if things get to looking too aggressive. There'd be an uproar if USBP started patrolling the fences in Bearcats with roof mounted M240s. It comes from a number of factors. First of all is public ignorance. Most of them have no clue about the drugs, the cartels, the weapons, the attacks on agents EVERYDAY. The majority of them think the problem at the border is people crossing the border just looking for a better life. This brings us to factor #2. The Woodstock crowd. I've heard it several times from Left Wingists that Border Patrol is a bunch of racist white guys trying to keep the minorities out. Obviously they missed the memo that a huge number of agents are Hispanic...whatever. So now we take our "racist white guys" and we equip them to take down Baghdad and it becomes a public relations disaster. Suddenly you have Congress members saying we need to tune it down at the Border and they'll bring in little fact charts showing that BP is ineffective for the cost... they did it with FAMS. Brings us to factor #3, funding. Where would the money come from? Exactly...I don't know either. My opinion is until we get a President who is seriously gung ho about Homeland Security, the only addition to Border Patrol will be little hiring spurts like we're seeing now.
                          This will NEVER happen. This is the reason:

                          The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (today the Marine Corps, Army, Navy, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                          BOP - BPA - ICE

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Smitty80 View Post
                            basically you are saying what I am. By rapid access I mean in the truck with you. not sitting in a locker room.

                            Most of the time you don't have the luxury of knowing what you are going to face until the moment is upon you. You have a pretty good idea of your potential threat level and your probable threat level. I was saying you need the flexibi"lity to be able to access the tools needed to defeat what ever you come across. Your point would also bring up training.... Are BP agents properly trained to handle an "8 man weapons squad" if he finds them in the woods all alone?
                            I agree that the people that decide what we do for Public Relations shouldn't decided how we react if an agent's life is threatened.
                            At our station Agents are free to check out longarms (M-4 w/full auto or shotguns) whenever they wish and are encouraged to do so. It is that way throughout the Tucson Sector. Tom Tancredo is full of crap and is trying to politicize the death of one of our Agents to further his political agenda.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BORSTARSDbuff View Post
                              Which is why some people feel that USBP should become the 6th member of the Armed Forces. I don't think it would make much difference other than possibly opening up additional avenues of funding. Would further militarizing the BP be productive? Could possibly be. But, the question is....would our society back it? In this day and age, people are very quick to say we need to stop trafficking across the border but will repeal that if things get to looking too aggressive. There'd be an uproar if USBP started patrolling the fences in Bearcats with roof mounted M240s. It comes from a number of factors. First of all is public ignorance. Most of them have no clue about the drugs, the cartels, the weapons, the attacks on agents EVERYDAY. The majority of them think the problem at the border is people crossing the border just looking for a better life. This brings us to factor #2. The Woodstock crowd. I've heard it several times from Left Wingists that Border Patrol is a bunch of racist white guys trying to keep the minorities out. Obviously they missed the memo that a huge number of agents are Hispanic...whatever. So now we take our "racist white guys" and we equip them to take down Baghdad and it becomes a public relations disaster. Suddenly you have Congress members saying we need to tune it down at the Border and they'll bring in little fact charts showing that BP is ineffective for the cost... they did it with FAMS. Brings us to factor #3, funding. Where would the money come from? Exactly...I don't know either. My opinion is until we get a President who is seriously gung ho about Homeland Security, the only addition to Border Patrol will be little hiring spurts like we're seeing now.
                              No matter how often people want to use the "war" metaphor to describe the situation on the border, enforcing immigration and customs laws should be treated as a civilian law enforcement matter.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jb5722
                                saw that on another forum, can anyone with first hand knowledge (madchicken or another current BPA) confirm that this is true, you guys have to fire non lethal rounds before you can engage a threat?
                                The first clue about the veracity of that article is the source: worldnetdaily. This article by Tom Tancredo certainly meets their previous standards of lying pseudojournalism.

                                While I do not work for BORTAC nor do I know their specific operations plan for the mission in which Agent Terry was killed, I know for a fact that there is no "standing order" in the Border Patrol that we can't use deadly force. Longarms are available to any agent who wants to take them to the field. As to less than lethal systems, there are a few less-than-lethal systems that we use, like the FN-303, the PLS, and the TASER. When teaching the agents to use these less-than -lethal systems, it is emphasized that they are NOT a substutute for deadly force, and we are supposed to practice transitions to firearms during the qualifications on these systems.

                                The part about our operations on public lands is also a lie. We operate in public lands all of the time.


                                Tom Tancredo is just trying to politicize an agents death to further his agenda.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7377 users online. 391 members and 6986 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X