Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First you say:

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
    it would be ironically stupid for us to not want these tax cuts.
    Then you say:

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
    I'm more worried about the 47% of American households that do not pay any federal income tax
    Yet if you look at the Bush Era tax cuts that were extended, they include the Earned Income Tax Credit, and Child Tax Credit.

This is a direct quote from President Obama:
    "Twelve million families with 24 million children will benefit from extensions of the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit. And when combined with the payroll tax cut, 2 million American families who otherwise would have lived in poverty next year will instead be lifted out of it."

Keep in mind that the people Obama are talking about in that quote, the ones getting those tax credits, are mostly the same americans who pay no taxes.

With that in mind, do you truly support an extension to the Bush Era tax cuts since it gives people who pay no taxes free money just because they are poor and have a bunch of kids?

I'm also worried about them taking away our cost of living increase, our within grade increases, and our AUO/FSLA.
    I'm worried about those things too, and I see a trend recently where in government, people want to cut spending rather than face increasing taxes. Keeping that in mind, I see big trouble on the horizon with big cut backs in the works. On your side, I imagine that LEAP will replace AUO/FLSA soon. On my side, we have already seen big cutbacks in the amount of overtime, due largely to hiring several classes of new officers.

Proposals I have seen to cut costs across the fed include furloughs, freezes on step increases, and cutting the workforce through attrition. I've also heard several Republican talking heads discussing completely eliminating several large agencies like Dept. of Commerce, Dept. of Education, the EPA, OSHA, and the Dept. of Agriculture. Some have also discussed a pay cut for all feds. They also want to completely eliminate FERS and make us pay more of the costs towards our medical insurance.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      Yet if you look at the Bush Era tax cuts that were extended, they include the Earned Income Tax Credit, and Child Tax Credit.

This is a direct quote from President Obama:
      "Twelve million families with 24 million children will benefit from extensions of the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit. And when combined with the payroll tax cut, 2 million American families who otherwise would have lived in poverty next year will instead be lifted out of it."

Keep in mind that the people Obama are talking about in that quote, the ones getting those tax credits, are mostly the same americans who pay no taxes.

With that in mind, do you truly support an extension to the Bush Era tax cuts since it gives people who pay no taxes free money just because they are poor and have a bunch of kids?
      Big difference between what Obama said and the truth. Its really 71 million households that had zero tax liability in 2009. To answer your question, yes I do support the Bush tax cuts as I don't want to pay more while the G is trying to lower my income. That being said, the entire tax code needs to be changed and EVERYONE should have to pay taxes.

They also want to completely eliminate FERS and make us pay more of the costs towards our medical insurance.
      I guess the $275 I pay monthly for health insurance isn't enough for them...

If you are going to quote responses, why don't you quote the entire sentence instead of editing to make it look different.
      Last edited by madchiken; 12-18-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        Big difference between what Obama said and the truth. Its really 71 million households that had zero tax liability in 2009.
        Honestly, I don't support the EIC or the Child Tax Credit. No one should ever receive more money as a refund than they paid in taxes for the entire year. In fact I know some got a larger tax refund than the money they earned for the entire year. What a joke.

yes I do support the Bush tax cuts as I don't want to pay more while the G is trying to lower my income.
        Keep in mind that those Bush Tax cuts support the system of making sure that the 47% of households continue to pay nothing in taxes.

That being said, the entire tax code needs to be changed and EVERYONE should have to pay taxes.
        Agreed.

I guess the $275 I pay monthly for health insurance isn't enough for them...
        The proposal I read suggested that we should pay at least half towards the cost of our health insurance. Looking at my recent pay check stub, right now I pay 1/3, and the feds pay 2/3.

why don't you quote the entire sentence instead of editing to make it look different.
        I didn't change what you said in any way. I just abbreviated what you said so we could discuss the issue.
        What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Called the BP hiring center last night in regards to my application. Apparently they lost the form regarding my citizenship quite a while ago and failed to inform me of it thus my application had been halted. The lady was very polite and helpful however and sent me the form via email to sign and fax back to her. She said my status will be updated after it's returned. So if any of you think you should be further along than you are don't hesitate to call. It seems to be much more effective than email.

Comment

• i have passed my exam 2 months ago and have not received anything back? what should i do?
            Deputy Sheriff
            sigpic

Comment

• Two months is nothing. If you received your NOR then just wait to be contacted.

Comment

• Jersey..I find that wierd... Just a few months ago Obama signed over 600 million to Homeland Security...for Border operations. I wonder if that money went somewhere else? As of Aug. 2010 they still needed 1000 BP agents. Hopefully they are still in need.

EE78... As far as the tax cuts, Im pretty sure its just an extension of an already existing tax cut so it SHOULDN'T effect the hiring budget at all. But who knows?

Originally posted by jersey eagle View Post
                So I am not sure if this has made it to this thread yet, but I bring some unnerving news about the BPA hiring process. After about two months of waiting and wondering as to why I havent been scheduled for my medical or drug test yet I decided to call MHC medical line. They told me they will not be scheduling any more tests due to funding reasons, and they are not sure when more funding will be available to start the process once again. I found it odd that after receiving my TO letter and already passing the Oral Board that something was going on. So for those of you who have already done some of the medical portions congrats, and for those waiting to be scheduled, I guess we will be doing a little more hurry up and wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty80 View Post
                  Jersey..I find that wierd... Just a few months ago Obama signed over 600 million to Homeland Security...for Border operations. I wonder if that money went somewhere else? As of Aug. 2010 they still needed 1000 BP agents. Hopefully they are still in need.

EE78... As far as the tax cuts, Im pretty sure its just an extension of an already existing tax cut so it SHOULDN'T effect the hiring budget at all. But who knows?
                  Keep in mind that the federal government is operating under a short term continuing resolution. What that means is that agencies have no clue how much funding they will receive once the full budget for the next year is passed. Some agencies are assuming the worst, and making immediate cutbacks.
                  What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                    Keep in mind that the federal government is operating under a short term continuing resolution. What that means is that agencies have no clue how much funding they will receive once the full budget for the next year is passed. Some agencies are assuming the worst, and making immediate cutbacks.
                    Yeah I agree. I think all agencies are preparing for the worst. I think from what I have read in the last 11 months that Homeland Security isn't going to be negatively effected. That is just an educated guess.. but I understand that with the REP vs DEM shinnanigans going on in Congress that we may have to wait till March or later for the budget to be laid out for 2011. Which is silly to me. I propose we put a pay freeze on all those politicians sitting high on their horse up in washington... It would show real dedication to balancing the budget....lol.

Comment

• What's the average salary of a BPA after 10 years? Without OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                        What's the average salary of a BPA after 10 years? Without OT.
                        http://www.opm.gov/oca/10tables/indexLEO.asp

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb5722
                            saw that on another forum, can anyone with first hand knowledge (madchicken or another current BPA) confirm that this is true, you guys have to fire non lethal rounds before you can engage a threat?
                            That article is BS. use some common sense. I bet that guy got shut down in that forum.

Comment

• This article has alot of information and very specific details that I have not heard yet. Where did you get it? I'm skeptical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                                This article has alot of information and very specific details that I have not heard yet. Where did you get it? I'm skeptical.
                                It was written by politiciam Tom Tancredo

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12640 users online. 464 members and 12176 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X