300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LASD_or_BUST View Post
    I'm sure this is buried deep someplace within this THREAD, however I will ask the question:

I take the 4hr (some say 5hr) test w/ALT Sept 22. in Ontario, CA. Should I pass, what is the next step after the Physical Agility Test?
    There are no set steps like with the local agencies you've applied with. The only thing that has to be passed to move on is the written.

After that, all other testing is seperate from one another.

I was told that you send your background packet off to like Minnisota or something like that, is this true? Does CBP have background investigators just traveling around?
    That would be where the hiring center is, then they ship it off to DC. Where it will sit in a pile until they get to it and assign it to one of the BI contractors. Often times they are retired SA's.

Lastly, what is the time line from test to hire, is it about the same 6 to 8 months that everyone is experiencing in law enforcement now days?
    Could be a few months or a few years.
    Last edited by madchiken; 09-06-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Iv got my structured interview tomorrow in Chula Vista. Wish me luck! I'm so excited. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        You got something to hide?
        Actually, no. I'm just asking the question to properly prepare myself for the interview. That's one of the reasons I got DQ'd from the other agency. I'm too honest (according to all my friends in law enforcement). Why would I waste my time going through the process and then get DQ'd for lying on the Poly?

Like I told them: I'd rather be DQ'd for telling the truth, than DQ'd for lying.

If the agency doesn't want me for who I am, I don't want to get hired. Believe me, I'm 39 years old and make a six figure income. I'm not interested in this position to get a paycheck. I want to serve my country, since I didn't join the military when I was younger. My only regret in life....

I hope that answers your question.

Comment

• Just want to thank the people that have posted in this thread, very informative! I am on the other end of the BPA process. I am scheduled to take the entrance exam in late October. I am a horrible test taker and want to get every advantage to pass it, is the study guide on Amazon a good thing to pick up? Thanks for any advice/info, and good luck to those in the process!

Comment

• Originally posted by 86cursed View Post
            Just want to thank the people that have posted in this thread, very informative! I am on the other end of the BPA process. I am scheduled to take the entrance exam in late October. I am a horrible test taker and want to get every advantage to pass it, is the study guide on Amazon a good thing to pick up? Thanks for any advice/info, and good luck to those in the process!
            According to the Honor First website, the Learning Express BPA exam prep book is the only one worth getting.

Comment

• Passed the interview. Walked out of it thinking that I had failed it for sure. But I passed. There doing the drug testing for people who havn't drug tested yet right before you go into your interview. Didn't know that, but it's way better because it kills 2 birds with one stone. Just waiting on BG/Qual's to clear and Im done. YESSS.
              Last edited by SoKalCopKid; 09-07-2008, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Well According to CASS, Everything is still pending for me except the oral board. And still no word in the wiz quiz.
                BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• Spanish Test

How proficient do you have to be to pass the Spanish test at the initial test?

Comment

• EDIT: Nevermind, found it.
                    Last edited by sap123; 09-09-2008, 02:08 PM.
                    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker here. This is my first post. I've been following this thread pretty closely. Just wanted to get everyone's overall opinion on this process of becoming a BPA. I was also wondering how difficult you guys think it is. Is right now really a good time to join? How would you guys rate process and success rate to that of your local pd or sheriff department? Any insight would be great. Just trying to gather as much information as I can before I test. Just wanted to say thanks in advance for any information you guys can provide.

-Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyboy17 View Post
                        Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker here. This is my first post. I've been following this thread pretty closely. Just wanted to get everyone's overall opinion on this process of becoming a BPA. I was also wondering how difficult you guys think it is. Is right now really a good time to join? How would you guys rate process and success rate to that of your local pd or sheriff department? Any insight would be great. Just trying to gather as much information as I can before I test. Just wanted to say thanks in advance for any information you guys can provide.

-Matt
                        So Far, It is the quickest process I have been apart of. Compared to my local PD and sheriff department here in Erie, PA, It seems like a lot better job. Better benifets, better pay, more exciting. The best local thing around my neck of that could give Border Patrol a run for its money would be PA State Police.

Now seems like it would be the best time to join. Easiest time to get in. If you are worried about to low of standards with the current hiring frenzy, think of it like this....Cream rises to the top, if you can out preform you fellow applicant, trainee, or rookie, it will show and you will benefit.

However, There is always the possibility of mass hiring leading to mass lay-offs. But do take in to consideration, this is the federal government and not a private enterprise.

But what do I know....I've only taken a few tests
                        BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                        Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                        Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                        Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                        Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                        Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                        Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• SWANTON SECTOR!
                          Recieved this in my e-mail today, although I haven't gotten my TO yet. Got a message from MHC letting me know it was on the way.
                          TRAINING AGREEMENT

Border Patrol Agent (Intern)

I, ____________________________ agree to accept a position with the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as a Border Patrol Agent (Intern) under the Northern Border Intern Hiring Initiative in the Swanton Border Patrol Sector.

I understand that the CBP will furnish such training as may be considered necessary to provide me with the opportunity to become eligible for career advancement both during and subsequent to my trial period in the Border Patrol. In order to implement the terms of this agreement, I agree to accept, at a government expense, details for training to various locations, in order to further such career development.

I understand that I must successfully complete a basic course of study at the Border Patrol Academy and a Post-Academy course of study.

I understand that to successfully complete the basic Academy I must achieve an academic average of 70% in each of the following areas prior to graduation: (1) Operations (a weighted average of the immigration law, nationality law, Applied Authorities and field operations courses); (2) Physical Techniques; (3) Driver Training; (4) Firearms. I understand my employment as a Border Patrol Agent will be terminated if I fail to achieve this grade in each of these four (4) major areas.

I understand that if I don’t successfully pass a Spanish language proficiency exam while at the basic Academy, I will be enrolled in a Spanish language course that will take place after the basic Academy. I understand that I must successfully pass the Spanish course in order to graduate from the Border Patrol Academy.

I understand that I must also successfully complete the Post-Academy curriculum and that Basic Training will not be considered successfully completed unless I have passed all seven unit exams and ten web-based scenarios. This includes achieving a minimum score of at least 70% on all seven unit examinations. I understand that failure to successfully pass the unit exams will result in termination.

I understand that, by accepting employment as a Border Patrol Agent under the Northern Border Intern Hiring Initiative of the U.S Customs and Border Protection, following successful completion of the Border Patrol Academy, I will be temporarily assigned to the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector, on the Southwest Border, at government expense, (for which I will be paid per diem at the standard government rate), to participate in Field Training and Post-Academy Programs.

I understand these programs will take approximately 14-15 months barring injury or failure of any portion of the Academy or Post Academy training. At the completion of the Post-Academy Program, I will return to the Northern Border for the remainder of my trial period.

I understand that failure to complete all training requirements, including the paid detail to the Southwest Border, will result in termination of my employment.
                          I recognize that the CBP may terminate this agreement at any time, by issuing a notice to that effect, for such reasons as changes in program requirements, inadequate performance, or for reasons of unsuitability or misconduct on my part. I also may terminate this agreement by providing timely notice which would be considered satisfactory to the CBP.

Woo-hoo! Now just one question...What do Border Patrol do? Are they, like, cops or something?

Just kidding guys...Check out the timeline though.
                          USSCP
                          Faxed App 7/28/10
                          Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                          Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Yowza, that was quick. So they scheduled you an oral board as the fitness without you even getting a TO? Looks like they only needed to see so many things before it was final. Congrats, by the way. Are you taking it for sure?

Comment

• The TO comes with the TO packet (all the security release forms and the eqip stuff). So unless that page was not sent, you should already have a TO.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                                The TO comes with the TO packet (all the security release forms and the eqip stuff). So unless that page was not sent, you should already have a TO.
                                This makes sense, as his timeline says that he turned in e-qip stuff. So yea, you virtually had to have gotten a TO (whether you know it or not)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8642 users online. 476 members and 8166 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X