Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent Terry (RIP) killed by Mexicans. They still need hundreds of agents on the borders.
    I oppose against agents being by themselves on duty. Most of the killings, the agents were alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
      Agent Terry (RIP) killed by Mexicans. They still need hundreds of agents on the borders.
      I oppose against agents being by themselves on duty. Most of the killings, the agents were alone.
      If you are going to work for the Border Patrol you need to be prepared for the fact you will sometimes have to work alone. Even when you work traffic along with somebody else, they might be far enough ahead of/behind you where it may take them a little while to get to you in an emergency. You have to be comfortable with working alone, because you WILL encounter situations where you jump groups alone, and you have to be able to handle your business. If you are not willing to work alone, do not apply for the BP.

FYI:
      In the most recent tragedy, Agent Terry was not working alone.
      Last edited by BigPat; 12-16-2010, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Darking, please keep in mind that while yes, it is safer to have officers work in pairs, that is not always possible in any law enforcement branch. I would gather to say that 90% of LEO's working for local and state municiapalities work solo for patrol work, and that is just the nature of the game. The important thing is to a) be well trained and know how to handle yourself and your weapons and b) be smart enough to recognize that you are not invincible and not put yourself into situations where you cannot win. Even if you follow these rules, $%#@& happens all the time. Sometimes you have to turn the other cheek, and make a tactical withdrawal. I would much rather be alive than dead because I wanted to be famous for being the BPA that successfully apprehended 15 armed illegals by myself.
        Last edited by jtl323; 12-16-2010, 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling
        USMS Region 3
        Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
        Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
        Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
        BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
        Medical:2/15/10
        MedicalReview: 4/15/10
        FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
        Drug: 6/5/10
        Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
        Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
        Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
        Written: 12/27/10
        NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
        To:
        Medical:

Comment

• Does anyone know the address to email to find out about my medical?

Comment

• Is Ab Taylor still the best sign cutter of all time?

Comment

• This is why Officer safety is the number one priority, Always bring more than enough back up because you never know when you will need it. It doesn't matter if you patrol the streets, the desert along the border, or a housing unit in the state prisons or county jails. Be aware what's around you and be safe, always have a plan B, C, or D.
              Go wildcats!

Comment

• Hey All,

Just got a letter in the mail from TransUnion stating that the BI uniting requested my credit report. Transunion stated that they sent them a copy of the items that I had on my public records. Is there a difference between public and private records the BI Unit uses/searches for?

Comment

• Finally after almost 10 weeks of completing my medical it is finally checked off on CASS. So I have two more checks to go, Drug Test and BI.

Comment

• So I am not sure if this has made it to this thread yet, but I bring some unnerving news about the BPA hiring process. After about two months of waiting and wondering as to why I havent been scheduled for my medical or drug test yet I decided to call MHC medical line. They told me they will not be scheduling any more tests due to funding reasons, and they are not sure when more funding will be available to start the process once again. I found it odd that after receiving my TO letter and already passing the Oral Board that something was going on. So for those of you who have already done some of the medical portions congrats, and for those waiting to be scheduled, I guess we will be doing a little more hurry up and wait.

Comment

• With this stupid tax-cuts that was just signed about an hour ago--there will for sure be less funding for further hiring. It is ironically stupid for public employees to be in favor of tax-cuts given that it is taxes that pays their salaries! Go figure. I was just cleared for the medical today, so who knows how much longer it will take for my drugs test and BI. Today marks the 4th month since I took the written. I'm sure it's gonna get slower considering it took almost 10 weeks for my medical to clear!

jersey eagle, it's a bummer dude.

Comment

• The waiting is just more time to get further in shape, make arrangements for when we leave, and learn the first Lesson!

Comment

• Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                          With this stupid tax-cuts that was just signed about an hour ago--there will for sure be less funding for further hiring. It is ironically stupid for public employees to be in favor of tax-cuts given that it is taxes that pays their salaries! Go figure.
                          You realize they just continued the same tax cuts that were around when we doubled the size of the Patrol? Federal employees have to pay taxes too and since they are trying to take other money out of our pockets, it would be ironically stupid for us to not want these tax cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                            You realize they just continued the same tax cuts that were around when we doubled the size of the Patrol? Federal employees have to pay taxes too and since they are trying to take other money out of our pockets, it would be ironically stupid for us to not want these tax cuts.
                            So the one-year reduction in payroll taxes in 2011, worth $1,000 for an individual earning $50,000 isn't new? Are you also saying that the cuts to the estate taxes that exempts first $5 million of a deceased person's estate, and taxes rest at 35 percent isn't new either?
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• The one year payroll reduction is new, the current rate for estate tax is zero. The new rate that will start in January is a return to the rate that it was in 2008 or 2009. The issue that pundits have with the bill that was signed is that it will add to the deficit. That is an assumption of complete stagnation with zero growth in revenue. The continuation of 13 months of unemployment and the payroll tax reduction were compromises to get the continuation of current income tax levels.

I for one am just waiting for an actual budget so that the hiring process may continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                                So the one-year reduction in payroll taxes in 2011, worth $1,000 for an individual earning $50,000 isn't new? Are you also saying that the cuts to the estate taxes that exempts first $5 million of a deceased person's estate, and taxes rest at 35 percent isn't new either?
                                I'm more worried about the 47% of American households that do not pay any federal income tax than I am on taxing a dead person's estate that they had already paid taxes on.

I'm also worried about them taking away our cost of living increase, our within grade increases, and our AUO/FSLA.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7599 users online. 388 members and 7211 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X