Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We must have spoke to the same person lol Same exact thing happened to me. Great guy... good news to hear what he said about the hiring push. I told him I am not going to hold my breath. lol.

Comment

• I would assume that this push is for all of those that tested last year as apposed to the August opening. Correct?

Comment

• Excuse the ignorance. Is there still logical reasoning on the test or just general abilities and language testing (maybe the logical reasoning is considered in the general abilities)?

Comment

• Hey guys, I checked honorfirst.com to see the hiring process for BP. I dont know why, but I took my test about a month ago and passed. I got a letter and just did my oral interview yesterday to which I passed. I never recieved my medical stuff and or the online BI forms to fill. Did I jump a step? or is this the new hiring process?
          “I'm glad to hear that the Chief (of Police) is a personal friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail.”

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
            Excuse the ignorance. Is there still logical reasoning on the test or just general abilities and language testing (maybe the logical reasoning is considered in the general abilities)?
            Still logical reasoning. I took the test 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• <<EE78>> "I would assume that this push is for all of those that tested last year as apposed to the August opening. Correct?"

Probably. However, they're probably taking applicants that scored high from this last August-October announcement and have processed quick. At least, that's my take.
              Last edited by seeOH; 11-29-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocknroll View Post
                Hey guys, I checked honorfirst.com to see the hiring process for BP. I dont know why, but I took my test about a month ago and passed. I got a letter and just did my oral interview yesterday to which I passed. I never recieved my medical stuff and or the online BI forms to fill. Did I jump a step? or is this the new hiring process?
                That's average. There's really no rhyme or reason for some of the steps. Just take them as they come! Your BI and Medical will come via email through the new procedure but they will mail you a notification too. Keep checking your email though. And to clarify... they contract out their medical stuff so a private company will call you to schedule your PFT1 and Medical screening. Keep working out.

Comment

• I got a manila envelope today from CBP with a letter congratulating me on passing my PTF1 and instructions with a training booklet on PTF2. I took the PTF1 and Medical on 10/11, however on CASS my medical still hasn't cleared. Has anyone else received this same manila envelope? And what is the next step after this. I've completed everything except the PTF2, BI, Drug Test and polygraph.

Comment

• Your BI and poly really seem to be the meat and potatoes from everything I've gathered. It's the most important step and it's usually the longest. CASS is crazy so I wouldn't get too worked up over it. I received a letter from the MHC saying "congratulations you have now been referred to the training and scheduling unit" almost two full weeks before my CASS ever updated. Again, CASS is there but it's not the most accurate tool in the arsenal. Just keep doing what they tell you to do and you'll be fine. Good luck ee78.

Comment

• I thought you were overqualified for a BPA position?

Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                      Still logical reasoning. I took the test 2 weeks ago.
                      Say, weren't you the same guy that was posting a while ago that you thought CBP conspired to screw over military reservists? Didn't you also claim that you were "overqualified" for CBPO/BPA jobs? Welcome back to the hiring process....

Comment

• Originally posted by stantobiwan View Post
                        Just had a question regarding one's move to his or her duty location.

Is it common practice or a requirement to move to your duty location prior to starting the Border patrol Academy? I would think all the relocation would come after the academy. From what I understand you officially receive your assignment at that point. And if that's the case, how much time is one usually given to complete his or her relocation after the academy?
                        They will give you leave at the end of the academy. You are free to move whenever you see fit, but most people start looking for housing near the end of the academy and then move during their leave. I have known some people that did not move their families down until their probation was over. Just make sure you are sure that you are going to stick with the job before you move your family to your new duty station. There have been people who have moved their families over who have then quit or failed out during FTO. Just be sure that that is not going to happen to you before you move your family.

Comment

• Talked to MHC in reference to no movement on medical/pft1 and they said that there will be no movement until they receive funding which is when the budget gets signed. This explains why so many of us are only waiting on medical/pft1.
                          BPA -
                          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPat View Post
                            Say, weren't you the same guy that was posting a while ago that you thought CBP conspired to screw over military reservists? Didn't you also claim that you were "overqualified" for CBPO/BPA jobs? Welcome back to the hiring process....
                            Who are you?
                            Last edited by rbakous1; 11-30-2010, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                              Who are you?
                              Why didn't you stick with your original post?
                              Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Passed the oral board today!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4422 users online. 292 members and 4130 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X