300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpecialCitizen View Post
    I'd like to address two points. FIRST to CWU: I just moved away from Sierra Vista, AZ. You need to be assigned to either Naco or Douglas Stations to live in SV. The town is pretty small, but MUCH nicer than most "Border" towns. The climate is nice. However, once you leave the city the elevation drops rapidly and by the time you drive to your aor, it's pretty HOT! It's gotten pretty expensive to live there. Do your homework on housing and make sure you can afford it. Also, you are one hour from Tucson...
    Yep, we've (my spouse and I) been over this ad infintum. In fact, I learned of the elevation and if memory serves me correct, its about 4,600 feet (send the cookies this way).

The other option I'm considering is requesting the Nogales station and living somewhere halfway between Nogales and Tucson. that would be 45 minutes either way, as opposed to 1 hour either way.

Thanks for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by CWU View Post
      The other option I'm considering is requesting the Nogales station and living somewhere halfway between Nogales and Tucson.
      Normally you don't get to request the particular station or even sector. I'm not saying you can't try, but just normally you are offered a few stations in your geo preference when you are called, and it's take it or leave it. (I've read different versions of what happens if you decline all of the stations offered. Some have gotten a call with new stations weeks later. I think others had to reapply. Maybe someone can tell us.)

Originally posted by CWU View Post
      With veterans preference points, you should have no trouble getting aboard..
      I can't remember when and where the veteran's points are added, but the value of them may be limited. Can they be used to turn a 65 into a passing score? (I don't know.) If they are added to your test score after you pass, then they don't help at all since everyone that passes the test goes to the Oral Board.

Then you either pass or fail the Oral Board and I don't think the points will help if didn't pass. Military experience (and veteran's points) or not, if you are a bone head at the OB you won't be going any further. There a quite a few stories of veterans waiting to retake the OB on honorfirst.com
      Last edited by Tirofijo; 09-04-2008, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tirofijo View Post
        Normally you don't get to request the particular station or even sector. I'm not saying you can't try, but just normally you are offered a few stations in your geo preference when you are called, and it's take it or leave it. (I've read different versions of what happens if you decline all of the stations offered. Some have gotten a call with new stations weeks later. I think others had to reapply. Maybe someone can tell us.)

I can't remember when and where the veteran's points are added, but the value of them may be limited. Can they be used to turn a 65 into a passing score? (I don't know.) If they are added to your test score after you pass, then they don't help at all since everyone that passes the test goes to the Oral Board.

Then you either pass or fail the Oral Board and I don't think the points will help if didn't pass. Military experience (and veteran's points) or not, if you are a bone head at the OB you won't be going any further. There a quite a few stories of veterans waiting to retake the OB on honorfirst.com

The 5 points are added to your test, so a 65 would give you a passing score (but aim higher).
        USSCP
        Faxed App 7/28/10
        Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
        Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• I can't remember when and where the veteran's points are added, but the value of them may be limited. Can they be used to turn a 65 into a passing score? (I don't know.) If they are added to your test score after you pass, then they don't help at all since everyone that passes the test goes to the Oral Board.
          From what I understand, vets points cannot "save" you. If you score 71, 5 vets points gives you 76. If you score 68, your score is 68, even if you're eligible for points. You must score 70 points, no matter what.

Comment

• Cross Reference Check

Does anyone know if the BP checks to see if you've applied with other agencies?

Is there a general database that lists where you have previously applied?

Do they even ask that question during the process?

Comment

• I am not 100% sure, but I think that if the agency fall under DHS, it may come up. Like if you applied for CBPO some (very few) of the parts of the process might transfer over.
              BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
              Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
              Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
              Med---09/02/2008--Passed
              Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
              Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
              Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• BPA-CBPO/CBPO-BPA...the physical, BI and drug test are interchangeable for each process.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick replies, I applied and got a test for late september, obviously that wouldnt work since Im not in the country right now. I emailed them that I couldnt make that test date and they recommend I apply for FY 09 when I return in January and if things go well they will work with me, even though Im in the Military until FY10. At least I know I meet the intial qualifications, Its a start anyways.

Comment

• Hey Hey!!!

My CASS Changed!!! My oral board that I had on 8/21 went through, and it reads "Congratulations! You have passed the interview process."
                    BPA

Tested--8/12/2008-97%
                    Fitness---09/02/2008--Passed
                    Oral Board---8/21/2008--Passed
                    Med---09/02/2008--Passed
                    Drug Test-9/18/2008- Passed
                    Pre-Employment Forms---11/08/2008--Completed
                    Background Investigation- 11/08/2008---Passed

Quals-8/22/2008 Submitted-Pending

CBPO

Tested---98%---8/5/2008

MCIIS(Mercyhurst Institute For Intelligence Studies)

Bachelor's Degree--3.6 GPA--11/13/2008[/SIZE]

Comment

• CASS changed for me too!!! pre-employment is completed!
                      Tested--07/12/2008-passed
                      pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
                      oral board--08/29/2008--passed
                      medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
                      drug test--09/03/2008--passed
                      background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
                      qualifications--completed
                      referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
                      EOD 10/20--

Comment

• Another CASS update today! My Qualifications are in!

One more check mark! Anyone else moving quick in the NB process? I applied in in May, tested in June and last week they told me I was being expedited, then quals today.
                        USSCP
                        Faxed App 7/28/10
                        Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                        Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by H2OSensei View Post
                          Does anyone know if the BP checks to see if you've applied with other agencies?

Is there a general database that lists where you have previously applied?

Do they even ask that question during the process?
                          You got something to hide?

Comment

• Process

I'm sure this is buried deep someplace within this THREAD, however I will ask the question:

I take the 4hr (some say 5hr) test w/ALT Sept 22. in Ontario, CA. Should I pass, what is the next step after the Physical Agility Test?

I was told that you send your background packet off to like Minnisota or something like that, is this true? Does CBP have background investigators just traveling around?

Lastly, what is the time line from test to hire, is it about the same 6 to 8 months that everyone is experiencing in law enforcement now days?
                            Deputy Sheriffs Trainee Progress - LA
                            6/28/08 - Written/Oral - Pass
                            7/22/08 - PHS turn in
                            8/27/08 - BI Interview
                            8/27/08 - WITHDRAW

Deputy Sheriffs Trainee Progress - San Ber.
                            7/12/08 - Written - Pass
                            7/26/08 - Physical Agility - Pass
                            8/5/08 - Assigned BI

Deputy Sheriffs Trainee Progress - Riverside
                            8/20/08 - Computerized Assessment Test - FAILED

Comment

• Originally posted by LASD_or_BUST View Post
                              I'm sure this is buried deep someplace within this THREAD, however I will ask the question:

I take the 4hr (some say 5hr) test w/ALT Sept 22. in Ontario, CA. Should I pass, what is the next step after the Physical Agility Test?

I was told that you send your background packet off to like Minnisota or something like that, is this true? Does CBP have background investigators just traveling around?

Lastly, what is the time line from test to hire, is it about the same 6 to 8 months that everyone is experiencing in law enforcement now days?
                              Yes, you send in all your pre-employment forms to hiring center in Minnesota. I'm not sure how the background investigators work. Your last question about how long the process takes, it all depends on how extensive your background is. Some people have been hired in as little as four months, while it's taken others more than a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by GitmoVet View Post
                                Another CASS update today! My Qualifications are in!

One more check mark! Anyone else moving quick in the NB process? I applied in in May, tested in June and last week they told me I was being expedited, then quals today.
                                I applied in July, and I have completed everything except the background investigation/qualifications. I'm glad that they're moving right along.
                                Tested--07/12/2008-passed
                                pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
                                oral board--08/29/2008--passed
                                medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
                                drug test--09/03/2008--passed
                                background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
                                qualifications--completed
                                referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
                                EOD 10/20--

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11880 users online. 444 members and 11436 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X