300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBAndy View Post
    Stretching the IT band is hard to do, and it won't do jack. I recommend getting a foam roller (search if you don't know what that is), and rolling over your IT band. Also, try going into a chiropractor and/or sports massage therapist to work on it.
    10-4. This past week, I started seeing a sports chiropractor. He mentioned that it will take a few visits to fix something that has been wrong for so long. As far as the foam roller, I ran across that technique while searching on Google. I will definitely look more into it. Thanks for the tips!

Originally posted by o2force View Post
    At the academy you'll do a lot of running. The final test is 1.5 miles, but you'll run 5+ miles other days. The step test is probably 1/4 the difficulty of the other physical activities you'll do.
    That's one of the reasons why I began increasing my running distance. The PFT 2 is a bit more strenous with the 1.5 mile run and 220 yard dash, but nothing unachievable. Also, I'm fully aware of the rigorous PT at the academy. I'm not taking my preparation lightly; this no walk in the park! The knee excuse wil not keep me from the ultimate goal.
    BPA - SW
    App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
      I recorded the the cadence on my iphone recorder and practice whenever I had a chance. I went for the med/PFT1 wearing my duty uniform and passed without a problem. (Dr. asked if I was going to change...) As long as you practice a bit, you should be fine.
      That's a good idea! I was trying to figure out a way to get that on my iphone so I could practice. It's not downloadalbe is it? Did you just play it then put your iphone next to the speaker and record it, atleast that sounds like what you did in your post?

Comment

• Made TSU today. Let the waiting begin.
        CBPO
        Written 08/08
        TO 02/09
        TSU 06/09
        BI Expired 04/10
        Polygraph 06/10--Passed
        Met with 2nd BI--07/10
        TSU 08/10

CBP BPA
        Written 08/10
        TO 09/10
        TSU 11/10
        THE CALL: 03/02/2011
        FLETC: 04/04/2011--06/20/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
          10-4. This past week, I started seeing a sports chiropractor. He mentioned that it will take a few visits to fix something that has been wrong for so long. As far as the foam roller, I ran across that technique while searching on Google. I will definitely look more into it. Thanks for the tips!

Get the foam roller, and use it religiously, roll while you're watching tv or something and it's easy to find time to do it. I'd recommend a harder one, or if you have the balls you can even roll on a PVC pipe.

You can also take a tennis ball or lacrosse ball to dig in.

I also have my OB on Thursday...suits pressed/shoes shined and I had to end no shave November before it even got started.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
            A little confused after some recent discussion....
            On USAJOBS Border Agent job listing, it is currently broken into three (or 4?) BPA jobs, Texas, Ariz, Cal, (poss N.M?). If i am interested in any or all, do I need to apply under any or all, or pick one and apply? If I only pick one, does it give you a "wish list" later in the application process? Thanks.
            You choose your location preference by applying to the position, but the announcement also states that you will be considered for the entire SW border. If you are offered another location, you should definitely consider taking it. I know I sure as hell will.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF280 View Post
              That's a good idea! I was trying to figure out a way to get that on my iphone so I could practice. It's not downloadalbe is it? Did you just play it then put your iphone next to the speaker and record it, atleast that sounds like what you did in your post?
              It's really not hard. You might be thinking it's like sprinting upstairs, it's more like a brisk walk upstairs. Unless you are completely out of shape you shouldn't even need to practice the step test.

Comment

• Thats all it did. I played the sound track from the CBP website, jacked up the volume and hit record. It came out great. You can then use the speaker option or earphones to practice. The test was gravy!!

Comment

• Here is a link to the PFT 1 narrative (from the CBP website). This file can also be saved and uploaded to an ipod/iphone/droid.

http://nemo.cbp.gov/obp/narrated.mp3
                  BPA - SW
                  App - 7/15/10 | Exam - 8/18/10 | NOR - 8/25/10 | TO - 9/10/10 | TO (2) - 10/1/10 | OB - 10/13/10 - Passed! | Med/PFT1 - 11/5/10 - Passed! | Drug Screening - 2/9/11 | Background - 4/26/11 / 5/5/11 - Initial Contact / Met Investigator | Polygraph - 9/2/11 - Informed by examiner of passing...pending IA approval

Comment

• I just received an e-mail saying that I passed the written exam. Do you guys know by chance how long it take for the future steps?
                    Deputy Sheriff
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by balurgo View Post
                      I just received an e-mail saying that I passed the written exam. Do you guys know by chance how long it take for the future steps?
                      Look at some of the other applicants signatures to include myself. This should give you a general idea. The test to the background packet being sent in only took about two months. From what I have seen none of the backgrounds for first time BPA applicants in this last announcement have begun. Some guys already in TSU from CBPO have wrapped up the entire process in a month. Once you get to TSU thats when the real waiting game begins.

If your one of the lucky ones to make it to TSU, I bet you will see Artesia in 2011. Wishful thinking.
                      Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and have been waiting to gain access to posting on threads. I have my oral board coming up this weekend after several weeks of waiting. Can anyone give me some insight as to what they are going to ask in the interview, or how I should prepare for it? I have seen they generally ask you situational questions, but is there anything in specific I should be aware of before stepping in front of the board?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
                            The CBPO job and Border Patrol Agent job are very different in training, duties and mindset.
                            Shu,

I was told that there was some talk to merge the two academies so that they received the same training. Is this true or is it just rumors around the campfire?

Comment

• Originally posted by BPA n 2011 View Post
                              Here is a link to the PFT 1 narrative (from the CBP website). This file can also be saved and uploaded to an ipod/iphone/droid.

http://nemo.cbp.gov/obp/narrated.mp3
                              I used Audacity (free audio editing tool) to edit the file so I could play the step test, situp test, and pushup test separately (all split different MP3s now). It's much easier that way to train. Of course, don't just focus on one area. Do the test throughout to make sure you can perform when the time comes.

Comment

• =................
                                Last edited by SHU; 07-02-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6446 users online. 440 members and 6006 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X